• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glock9mm

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2011
    Ceciltucky!
    I have a Ruger SR22 and a S&W M&P 22 and love both of them but I have no experience with suppressing either.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Threaded barrel sounds like u will be investing in a suppressor. Don’t skimp on the pistol, u won’t enjoy it and u will buy again. Sights and trigger are critical ( not that the gun have them but that they are very good to excellent). Ruger mkII is a greatpistol but think barrel would be after mkt.

slowpoke

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Annapolis
    I suppress my SR22 and Buckmark. Both make me happy. I added the threaded barrel after, that's not the cheap way to do it.

Noticed that someone had a nice threaded buckmark in the classifieds last week.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Look at the Beretta M9 22. You can get a threaded barrel and 15 round magazines. Feels just like 9mm version of the M9, just a tad lighter. Very reliable and is not picky about ammo. If you go the GSG route, get the 1911 version which is also branded as a Sig. Both are a lot of fun to shoot. The GSG is definitely under $400 not sure about the Beretta. Another vote for the Ruger Mark IV too. Can't go wrong with that one either.

This! I have a 1911 by GSG with the Sig name and warranty. Great shooter. Mine is identical to this.

Attachments

• 1BFECC51-ED2C-48FF-A903-4951E7D9BF91.jpg
      1BFECC51-ED2C-48FF-A903-4951E7D9BF91.jpg
      38.4 KB · Views: 196

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    This! I have a 1911 by GSG with the Sig name and warranty. Great shooter.

This is what I have, didn't see it mentioned so far but it's been a pretty reliable gun for me. I have crimson trace (black/carbon) grips on it and a cheap rimfire suppressor, makes a nice package.

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    If you are looking for a trainer the sr-22 and the m&p 22c are both great guns. I went with the m&p because I have a m&p 9 that I wanted my wife to get comfortable shooting and figured I could start her with the 22.
    The factory sights in the m&p are tall enough to clear my suppressor.
    There is a big difference between the m&p 22 and the 22c (compact). The compact is made by s&w in America and by all of the online reviews I have read is far more reliable than the full size.

pbartko

Aug 23, 2017
    Harford Cnty
    I'm looking now for the kadet 22 conversion kit for one of my CZ 75's. Hard to find any in stock anywhere though. If I was going to buy a complete gun I think I would get the ruger mark IV hunter. I think they are around 600 .

I’ve got a kadet 22 adapter, love it! Also, the buckmark is a great pistol with surprising accuracy.

Also, a lot of these 22 semi pistols need hot ammo to get the slide into motion. CCI minimags are usually quoted as necessary to function properly. There are several other rounds out that work. The key is a muzzle velocity of over 1230 ft/s and a minimum 40 grain bullet.

I’ve gotten good results with Aguila Super Extras.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    wife has 22/45 that is threaded. Shoots great but I have to watch a video each time I clean it.
    I have a buckmark that is not threaded. Wish it was. Awesome 22 pistol that shoots great and lasts a long time between cleanings

PTPG

Dec 10, 2018
    We have a Beretta U22 Neos and that thing is SUPER reliable and a ton of fun to shoot and a good value for the price IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom