Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > National 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old February 13th, 2019, 01:48 PM #41

Any General or high ranking military official who wants gun bans should be stripped of any/all medals/awards as well as their retirement and benefits received from military service. They served to protect and defend the country and the Constitution and now they are using that to undermine the very same thing. These people are scum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rbird7282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2019, 01:48 PM #42
Peace through strength

Peace through strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1841DNG View Post
The first bolt action gun was made in the 1820s and adopted in 1841. The first bolt action with a metallic cartridge that I am aware of off hand was adopted in 1865. First Semi Auto was 1885ish I think? And Lever guns are just a bit older than the Civil War. I guess they want to limit us to antiques and obsolete tech.? I don't know off hand when pump actions came about.
If you count airguns, semi-autos were sort of before that. Looks like loading was kinds manual from a magazine

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girandoni_air_rifle

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old February 13th, 2019, 08:06 PM #43
Living In A Bizarro World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert2888 View Post
Most of the “white” liberals are nothing more than brainwashed followers who refuse to believe everything they have been told that make them fell good is a lie. Now there is a small segment along with others that are truly evil and are hell bent on destroying this country along with those who created it.
Here’s a funny example:

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=232494
Mr.Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2019, 08:10 PM #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert2888 View Post
Now there is a small segment along with others that are truly evil and are hell bent on destroying this country along with those who created it.
100% agree. The same thing is going on in Europe. They are trying to destroy Western Civilization and the people who created and built it.

Please understand, this isn’t an act of sabotage by “minorities”, it is coming from within as well as China, Russia, and Iran. It starts with our educational system where the kids are taught cultural relativism, where head-hunting canibals on a deserted island have a culture that is equal or better than our Judeo-Christian culture.

It is then cemented in people’s heads by the media and Hollywood that America is not exceptional, but more bad than good. Whites invented slavery, even though Western culture was the FIRST to outlaw it. We are misogynists, though we were the FIRST to give women rights. At the same time they praise the religion of Islam, which treats women as second class citizens (not all Muslims).

The chickens are now coming home to roost.
Old February 13th, 2019, 08:13 PM #45
My hair is amazing

My hair is amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Blue View Post
100% agree. The same thing is going on in Europe. They are trying to destroy Western Civilization.l and the people who created and built it.
Yep, and I believe many Europeans are getting wise. Gun sales are up.
MSRPA BOD
I touched Heller.....
teratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2019, 08:33 PM #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by teratos View Post
Yep, and I believe many Europeans are getting wise. Gun sales are up.
The forced immigration in the US, Canada, and Europe, both illegal and legal, reminds me of this scene from “Braveheart”. “....If we can’t get them out, we’ll breed them out.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o15PljTS2O8
Old February 14th, 2019, 01:21 PM #47

In response to:

Quote:
When white Americans wake up and realize they are the devil that the left wants to make obsolete, I’d rather be in the Midwest, specifically the upper Midwest.
I said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aray View Post
??? This has nothing to do with color. Last I checked David Hogg was and remains white, for example. Most liberals are. You need to check your target.
Two very similar replies came back:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schipperke View Post
and

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3174 View Post
The problem with both of those references is that they refer to the demographic makeup of the House of Representatives and/or candidates for those offices. I on the other hand was referring to the population at large.

Let the Democrat politicians be racists, always dividing people by race, by color, by whatever. We should not make that same mistake. The Democrats have always been that way: the party of slavery, the party that founded the Klan, the party of the Trail of Tears, the party that rounded up innocent US citizens (entire families!) and put them in internment camps in WWII, the party that rejected the MS St. Louis and sent the ship back to Nazi-controlled Europe, the party of Jim Crow, the party that stood in the steps of schools denying US citizens the right to the same education as everyone else, the party of police dogs and fire hoses against peaceful marchers, the party that opposed the federal Civil Rights Acts, the party of the soft racism of low expectations, and of course the party that views every little thing in life through the filter of: how can they Balkanize Americans into subdivisions of race, of gender, of background, of ... so that they can advance their agenda of Big Government, limited individual rights and freedoms, with them of course exclusively holding the instruments of power and control because, after all, only they are the oracles of wisdom and morality.

Quote:
Sure it doesn’t. Where have you been? You cannot be that blind. I won’t debate it with you.
Hillary Clinton got 65,844,610 votes. Most of those were white, not black, and likewise most of the people trying to take away our Second Amendment rights are also white, not black. This is a liberal vs. conservative argument, nothing more. Skin color is like hair color - you're born with whatever you're born with. However being a liberal, fighting against the fundamental right of civil defense, being a totalitarian at heart if not in actuality, is behavioral. That is what we need to focus on and if we lose sight of that and attack a different target we're not doing ourselves any favors. I do get that different demographic groups have different political perspectives statistically. Duh. But let's focus on the root cause, not a byproduct of the root cause.

Besides, there are many MDS members who are of color: spouses, friends, neighbors, good citizens, supporters, and members of our community. I hate to imagine how they feel when people are sloppy with their language. Try to put yourself in their shoes. Of all people, we should be the ones who are most color blind.
aray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2019, 01:28 PM #48

Your post is overly simplistic. Yes, it's true that there are plenty of white liberals, but previously conservative states like California and Virginia are now liberal solely because of non-white immigration. This isn't a point of debate.
TSonder505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2019, 01:35 PM #49
piled higher and deeper

piled higher and deeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSonder505 View Post
Your post is overly simplistic. Yes, it's true that there are plenty of white liberals, but previously conservative states like California and Virginia are now liberal solely because of non-white immigration. This isn't a point of debate.
Yours is simplistic as well. Massachusetts and New York have been bleeding edge liberal for a long time, not requiring demographic changes. California has been relatively liberal since the 1970s, although pockets of conservationism in the state are receding with greater and greater illegal immigration.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old February 14th, 2019, 01:38 PM #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSonder505 View Post
You're right, the debate isn't simplistic. Florida (the state under discussion in the OP) was also inundated by "non-white" immigration ... twice. Those (Hispanic) people were and are very conservative. They lived under a totalitarian government (Cuba) and know how bad it can be. My current next door neighbor fled Nicaragua when Ortega came to power. Again, it's behavior (learned or otherwise) not color, though of course I acknowledge demographic political differences. But it is those differences that are the cause, not the effect.
aray is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > National 2A Issues