• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Silverlax

Nov 13, 2014
    Eastern Shore
    I just welded up this roller for the boat, hopefully it works. Still need a flap for it.

Attachments

• F13489D8-B8D4-408A-AAB3-C6378848F602.jpg
      F13489D8-B8D4-408A-AAB3-C6378848F602.jpg
      128.2 KB · Views: 126

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Just restocked for the rest of the season.
    P.S. 5 lb bucket costs $25.85. That's $5.77/lb. A 30lb bucket costs $57.75. That's $1.93/lb
    9b9b40efe2d956616d15d91f248f616f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The 30 pound bucket is a no brainer.

My dad went crabbing last week and said it was miserable. Wondering if anybody else has had better luck. Granted, hard to have worse luck than he did. Sinking the boat might be the only way possible to have had worse luck. He caught 1 crab in 4 hours.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    The 30 pound bucket is a no brainer.

My dad went crabbing last week and said it was miserable. Wondering if anybody else has had better luck. Granted, hard to have worse luck than he did. Sinking the boat might be the only way possible to have had worse luck. He caught 1 crab in 4 hours.
    Where did he go? Seems to be nothing north of the bay bridge.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Annapolis, just north of the Bay Bridge. I can confirm, nothing north of the Bay Bridge.
    Old info....haven't been in awhile, but Come in Severn River between 450 & 50 bridges. River right you will see a white mansion (Manresa) on the hill. About 8' to 10' of water off there used to be real good crabbing. Would be about a 10-15 minute run from Sandy Point, unfortunately not much public access on Severn.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Old info....haven't been in awhile, but Come in Severn River between 450 & 50 bridges. River right you will see a white mansion (Manresa) on the hill. About 8' to 10' of water off there used to be real good crabbing. Would be about a 10-15 minute run from Sandy Point, unfortunately not much public access on Severn.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Access to that spot would be easy for me. My sister has water front property on Weem's Creek and a dock with a couple of boats. We pass by that mansion almost every time we head out to go fishing. Weem's to the Severn, to the Bay.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    We caught a bushel this morning.
    Got up at 2:30 and headed south.

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    I had two pots out from Friday - Sunday in the lower Potomac, with chicken as bait. I checked them daily and moved them twice, but only managed to catch two undersized males. Hopefully I'll see them next month. I saw a few doublers swimming around and clinging to piers. So I think their they're not up the river yet or I need to try a different bait next time.

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    Catching lots of crabs via pots in Lusby, but most are not big enough to keep. This would seem to indicate that Fall will be great. The ratio of females to males is also the highest I've ever seen. I will never keep a sook.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Catching lots of crabs via pots in Lusby, but most are not big enough to keep. This would seem to indicate that Fall will be great. The ratio of females to males is also the highest I've ever seen. I will never keep a sook.

Got to be a happy time to be a male crab. Or an exhausting one. :D

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I need a bushel this Friday. Still looking a for a good price for No 2 males. I'm near BWI.

I promise to eat the whole bushel myself. With help from my wife.

I want to steam them myself. Will travel if not too far from my digs for them...

Hints?

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012
    I need a bushel this Friday. Still looking a for a good price for No 2 males. I'm near BWI.

I promise to eat the whole bushel myself. With help from my wife.

I want to steam them myself. Will travel if not too far from my digs for them...

Hints?

Try seamarket seafood on Ritchie Highway in Pasadena... They have a facebook page if you want to look them up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom