• ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    because we're "too close to DC".

Original link on arfcom here

I've already cancelled my club subscription and encourage everyone to add that link to your sig lines.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I sent a scathing email last night, AND used the automated unsubscribe feature to eliminate the weekly (or more) emails they sent out.

The response I got? Another weekly special in my inbox this morning.

Idiots.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I finally went over and read that thread on the AR15 site. What annoyed me more than Sportsman's Guide's attitude was the ahole from Alabama who thought SG was just doing what was right and it was just dumb ole Marylander's faults for not changing their laws.

I read the same kind of crap all the time. "Hey, you ought to move to a blue state". People who think like that are as doomed as the dodo. Ok, so I move to another state, what then? What happened in Nevada? It was thought of as a good place for Californians to move to escape wacko left-wing laws. Then the crime rate went up in California as all the law abiding left to the point that even the moonbats didn't feel safe, so what did they do? Moved to Nevada and their started to impose the moonbat philosophy there.

Does anybody know of this Annapolis law that is supposedly what SG is worried about? Someone in one of the posts said that there were no gun stores in Annapolis but there is one right on West Street that sells class-3 stuff.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    K31 said:
    Does anybody know of this Annapolis law that is supposedly what SG is worried about? Someone in one of the posts said that there were no gun stores in Annapolis but there is one right on West Street that sells class-3 stuff.

I don't know about the law, per se, but it was me that made the observation that The Armory sits just outside of the city limits on West St. It could also be that it's cheaper to do business in AA County rather than the City of Annapolis....

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Ok, I didn't see your post about the Armory, I just remember someone saying that there were no gun stores in Annapolis. Or maybe I just didn't read far enough into the post. With the thread divided across two threads it got kind of repetitious.

I was surprised that at one time Midway stopped shipping here. I've bought a ton of stuff from them.

You'd think once someone showed SG the state's premption clause, that would be that.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    SG didn't give a rat's patoot about the pre-emption law. They weren't even interested in listening to reason.

In reference to your earlier post....I know exactly the experience of dealing with people in other states when trying to draw attention to this problem with SG. They basically said "too bad" and that as long as they had good prices they were going to keep dealing with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom