• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armedsks

Feb 27, 2007
    Sharpsburg, MD
    If your looking for a safe shop around. I found my best deal at SAM'S CLUB. 24 gun for 627$. Its electroinc and good quality. Not sure what brand it is but has a huge winchester decal on it. I was able to get near 30 guns in it. I put all my guns in foam sleeves(type of gun written on sleeve) and stack them 1 up..1 down.

MrWhiteRabbit

Firefighter Gone Awry
    Sep 23, 2007
    Not sure what brand it is but has a huge winchester decal on it.

Isn't that the definition of a Winchester brand? :)

I've been told that there are mythical safes out there that cost less than a grand, but I don't find many suitable safes in that range. Then again, I haven't looked at Sam's Club. I'd like it to hold at least a 60" height - will your safe hold that?

garber38

Custom tailored ionizer
    Dec 27, 2006
    Somewhere in PA.
    Even if it isn't-- just line it with some flame retardant drywall (that's all the safe manufacturers use anyway).

I think that you can also pick up some calcium silicate board from an insulation supply house like Balto. Wash. Insulation. I think they still sell fire protection products from 3 too.

Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    I hit there about 1130 Sunday (today) and was disappointed. A few open spots where it looks like people were long packed up and gone. I doubt 600 tables or close to that. Went there looking for C&R handguns but really didnt see anything - either full moderns or flintlocks. The couple tables I thought I saw something the people had no clue what I was talking about - I got the "owners out sick and he handles that" I know I order online and its in my hands in days but the feed back I got was still 8 days waiting. Maybe C&R works different instate. This was one time I regreted paying the entry fee.

Which show upcoming would be best to find C&R handguns - York or Dulles?

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    They are correct - in-state handgun sales, even C&R guns, must still go through the MSP approval process. Moreover, some (out-of-state) C&R distributors still won't sell C&R handguns to Maryland residents, although most are o.k. with it. If you go to an out-of-state gun show, and try to purchase a C&R handgun as a Maryland resident, you will *probably* meet with frustration... many dealers are even reluctant to sell non-regulated long guns to Md. residents.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    There was some OH dealer on gunbroker.com who wouldn't ship to MD ffl's. Listed on an auction for an XD, and they had lowest price for brand new.

armedsks

Feb 27, 2007
    Sharpsburg, MD
    Yes its a fire rated safe. (32 min) I just checked my manual. Its made by granite safe. (granitesafe.com) It was 581.00 at sams club. Its stands almost 60 inches tall. Mines a model WL6030. Weighs 575 lbs used my bil's and our motorized hand cart at work. Luckily my basement has a walkout.

I guess winchester must whore out there name. Because there name and logo are on it. Also You always see winchester knives, Ear protection, shooting acces. ETC.. ETC. Im not sure if winchester is even a real company anymore. I know the Actual gun plant in Conn. shut down 1-2 years ago. Most winnies are made in belgium and other countries.

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    I went in for a bit on Saturday. Picked up some AR wrenches, an AK pistol grip and some 9mm ammo. Got home and the one wrench I got won't work on my YHM free float rails, I thought I remembered reading that YHM rails need a special wrench, but I thought I would take a chance anyway.

Saw a milled Arsenal SA93 with the thumbhole stock for $600 - I swear I saw the exact same gun at the Harrisburg show for $225. One table had a PTR-91 for sale, looks like a nice rifle - put one on my short list to get next year.

Ammo was expensive - if I'm not mistaken I saw 5.56 green tip for $525/1000 - I remember paying $300 and thinking it was alot. The Magtech .45 that was $10/50 at the last show was $13.50/50.

There were some open tables and some gun show junk tables - the local shops had the usual spread. I saw a sign that said Going out of Business Sale at I think Ken's Outdoors table - are they closing or maybe someone else was sharing a table with him? Saw a couple of out of state vendors that I wonder if they will return. Seemed to be an OK amount of stuff for AR's for a MD show - not worth driving more than 1/2 hour to attend though.

I think there is a show at Dulles this weekend - Nation's Militaria and Arms Show - I am going to skip that one and just head up to York at the end of the month. York is closer to my house.

tpy77

Ultimate Member
    Sep 27, 2007
    P.G. Co.
    Got there late on Sat., about an hour before closing. Picked up a Yugo SKS 59/66 in VG for $179.99. Nice blue and bore, a Samco import. Lots of Japanese guns. Not as much at this show as in June.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Clay's is the dealer going out of business. He's been sick for about a year. Earilier this year, he was in the hospital for about 2 months. He's not doing well and decided to hang it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom