• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I voted for Trump...but he has pissed me off with this crap.
    That line in the sand has been under our feet for quite sometime in Maryland...this puts the line behind us.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I voted for Trump...but he has pissed me off with this crap.
    That line in the sand has been under our feet for quite sometime in Maryland...this puts the line behind us.

When LE starts stacking up, the line is behind us.

What he said is disconcerting, undeniably. But words mean zilch when dealing with anyone even somewhat related to politics.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    The problem is these kind of orders allow any pissed off or crazy relative, ex, co-worker, or associate with a grudge to get all your guns taken. And no matter how they try and spin it there's no fast way for a police department to get them back to you once (and if) it's been determined the accusations are bogus. I know, I used to be in charge of getting them back to people at a police department. You're talking at a minimum a month or two, and most places it's going to be more like 6 months. And in places like the city it's pretty much going to be around never.

And also don't believe when they start talking about how there will be penalties for anyone who files a false application for an order. That's ********. In 25 years in law enforcement I never saw once, not once, a single prosecution for someone perjuring themselves on an application for an ex parte or an emergency evaluation. It just doesn't happen, it's politically incorrect for a prosecutor to do. And in most cases it's impossible to prove anyway since you're talking about he said she said type claims. The crazies and angry losers who falsify applications for these don't care anyway, what do they have to lose.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    The problem these kind of orders allow any pissed off or crazy relative with a grudge to get all your guns taken. And no matter how they try and spin it there's no fast way for police department to get them back to you. I know, I used to be in charge of getting them back to people at a police department. You're talking at a minimum a month or two, and most places it's going to be more like 6 months. And in places like the city it's pretty much going to be around never.

The C4 show today: The new Florida law allows any citizen to call the police and file a report ***Anonymously***.

Then the police will go to the gun owner's home.

If folks are going to make accusations, the same folks should be held accountable for false reporting.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    The problem these kind of orders allow any pissed off or crazy relative with a grudge to get all your guns taken. And no matter how they try and spin it there's no fast way for police department to get them back to you. I know, I used to be in charge of getting them back to people at a police department. You're talking at a minimum a month or two, and most places it's going to be more like 6 months. And in places like the city it's pretty much going to be around never.

:sad20:

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    The problem is these kind of orders allow any pissed off or crazy relative, ex, co-worker, or associate with a grudge to get all your guns taken. And no matter how they try and spin it there's no fast way for a police department to get them back to you once (and if) it's been determined the accusations are bogus. I know, I used to be in charge of getting them back to people at a police department. You're talking at a minimum a month or two, and most places it's going to be more like 6 months. And in places like the city it's pretty much going to be around never.

And also don't believe when they start talking about how there will be penalties for anyone who files a false application for an order. That's ********. In 25 years in law enforcement I never saw once, not once, a single prosecution for someone perjuring themselves on an application for an ex parte or an emergency evaluation. It just doesn't happen, it's politically incorrect for a prosecutor to do. And in most cases it's impossible to prove anyway since you're talking about he said she said type claims. The crazies and angry losers who falsify applications for these don't care anyway, what do they have to lose.

Another reason not to live in the city. The more country the better.

Mr H

Banana'd
    The C4 show today: The new Florida law allows any citizen to call the police and file a report, ***Anonymously***, and the police will go to the gun owner's home.

If that's true, everyone with a grudge is going to be calling that hotline.

If folks are going to make accusations, the same folks should be held accountable for false reporting.

This is a concern I had.

"Face your accuser" should still mean something.

pro1742

Jan 19, 2013
    Carroll County
    The thing I worry about is where does this end up going from here? The next thing you know they will want to take your guns if someone resides in your home who is declared a threat.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    The C4 show today: The new Florida law allows any citizen to call the police and file a report, ***Anonymously***, and the police will go to the gun owner's home.

If that's true, everyone with a grudge is going to be calling that hotline.

Hits home for me because I had a relative who would have done this to me in a heartbeat. He was basically a violently-tempered manipulator who didn't want to work and wanted to come live with us and be supported. I told him no way, so he started stalking us. He would have taken one of these orders out in a minute just in an effort to blackmail me into taking him in and supporting him or punish me for not giving him the freebies that he in his sociopathy felt he was "entitled" to. And like I said, he was basically a bum with nothing going for him. What did he have to lose, he would have known we couldn't prove anything he said wasn't true anyway, he said she said accusations. And even if he did get prosecuted, big whoop what is he going to get, a $100 fine and PBJ or a ten day suspended sentence?

Ex-partes are an example of what can happen. While I think ex-parte orders are important to have available for abused spouses, from my experience probably well over half of the applications for them contain blatant lies and misrepresentations and are only used as a legal weapon in a divorce or child custody proceeding. But I wouldn't be surprised to learn there's never ever been a single perjury prosecution in the state of Maryland for even the most obvious lies on an application for one. Like I said, not politically correct for a prosecutor or a police chief to even so much as hint at the possibility that many ex-parte's are being obtained on falsified grounds without the various man-hating groups going absolutely bananas.

Fredcohunter

Nov 30, 2008
    A little west of Frederick
    Zoostation is correct and I have seen this happen first hand to a good friend of mine. It was used as a weapon in a custody fight. His guns were all taken in Montgomery County. No charges ever filed, no validity to the accusations whatsoever as far as I can tell. Guess who still has the guns.............

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I am watching what develops... very astutely. I'm willing to go along with the fact that he MIGHT be playing chess, but the bump-stock EO has me seriously concerned that this stuff just isn't that important to him.

Or that it's SO important to him, here on planet earth where actual real live politics requires some maneuvering, that he's having to flex some in order to preserve his juice in this area for when it really matters. Like, when it comes to seating another SCOTUS member, which could make all the difference in the world.

Hakuna Matata

May 14, 2014
    Trump has previously demonstrated that he does not believe in Due Process when discussing Civil Forfeiture, if he doesn't support a citizen's right to carry cash then why is anyone surprised that he doesn't support Due Process when it comes to firearms?

He's also the same scumbag that said John McCain wasn't a war hero bc he was captured and that he (Trump) likes the guy that doesn't get captured and in the process completely disrespecting every single American POW, MIA, Active Duty, retired, veteran service member that's ever lived, while he managed to dodge the draft on multiple occasions. No matter what you may think of McCain's politics he IS an AMERICAN HERO and nearly died for us and this country. McCain's service to his (our) country can only be topped by those that are MIA or were confirmed killed in action. Our service members deserve better than that.

Add this to the ever growing list of things that makes this guy trash and yet ppl support him anyway, go figure.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    and yet ppl support him anyway, go figure.

How soon we forget who the alternative was going to be. You do remember that part, right? He was the only person from the R camp that had a chance of beating her. And his EOs don't matter. What matters is SCOTUS demographics. And his first shot at that was perfect. You don't have to "support" him to be realistic about the horror show that would have been a Clinton administration.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    How soon we forget who the alternative was going to be. You do remember that part, right? He was the only person from the R camp that had a chance of beating her. And his EOs don't matter. What matters is SCOTUS demographics. And his first shot at that was perfect. You don't have to "support" him to be realistic about the horror show that would have been a Clinton administration.

A gun grabbing EO would matter a great deal.

Especially if that EO was upheld by the courts.

With precedent established, the first EO would be the stepping stone to other gun grabbing EOs.

Hakuna Matata

May 14, 2014

Wow, do you really want to go on record stating that the EO's of the POTUS don't matter? Really?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Wow, do you really want to go on record stating that the EO's of the POTUS don't matter? Really?

I'm noting his general trend towards preferring that things are handled legislatively - either in the US congress, or at the state level. DACA would be a good example of him preferring to tear down a different president's EO and have the matter handled with actual statute, as it should be.

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    How soon we forget who the alternative was going to be.

You got that right. For all our bitching and whining about what DJT is doing/not doing, I can't even imagine what Hitlary would be doing to us. Certainly wouldn't have doubled the standard deduction for federal taxes, most asurredly wouldn't be trying to dismantle Obamacare, and since she's publicly stated she thinks regular folks shouldn't be allowed to own guns......

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom