• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    cross posted: see below for CA judge opinion striking similar law.

Also, very few if any of the guns confiscated in Bodymore have big mags. Most have mismatched ammo to boot. Lots of old revolvers. Plx of them are posted on Facebook.

NY law was also struck down.

Unfortunatly, some judges, even federal, seem to be ruling along party lines. Wasn’t the 4th circuit in kolbe 2 split dem and rep? I read the calif preliminary injunction decision, but it sure does not have any precedent in Maryland. And there is one fed judge sitting who ruled that AR type rifles have no legitimate purpose, incl home defense.

ant92083

Lord Of Summer
    Jul 15, 2016
    MD
    As a current Active Duty military member, who do you want me to call. I'm tired of this. I PCS'ed here not because I wanted to and I'm tired of watching citizens I fight for day in and day out being stripped of their constitutional rights. I fight for every single article of the constitution and the amendments, not just the selective one MD Dems want to keep around. I may get UCMJ'ed to hell for being partisan but enough is enough.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Is it time to open a secure lock box business in free America? However, I don't feel confident that VA or PA are free enough for long enough.

DontTreadOnMe

Dec 10, 2016
    As a current Active Duty military member, who do you want me to call. I'm tired of this. I PCS'ed here not because I wanted to and I'm tired of watching citizens I fight for day in and day out being stripped of their constitutional rights. I fight for every single article of the constitution and the amendments, not just the selective one MD Dems want to keep around. I may get UCMJ'ed to hell for being partisan but enough is enough.

You’re not alone. I email MD elected officials to speak my mind about such issues, but since I’m not a voter here I suspect it doesn’t matter. But I persist nonetheless. Keep speaking out.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Yep, received my orange postcard from the NRA today about SB1062. I swear, between the General Assembly being in session and tax season, I am starting to hate the first 4 months of every year.

If this bill gets passed, I will be irate for a number of reasons. First reason will be the further trampling of the 2nd Amendment. Maybe that should be the 2nd reason, pun intended. The 2nd reason will be that this is going to cost me a fortune to replace all the mags in handguns and rifles that are greater than 10 round capacity. Complete BS. I need to go blow off some steam.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Yep, received my orange postcard from the NRA today about SB1062. I swear, between the General Assembly being in session and tax season, I am starting to hate the first 4 months of every year.

If this bill gets passed, I will be irate for a number of reasons. First reason will be the further trampling of the 2nd Amendment. Maybe that should be the 2nd reason, pun intended. The 2nd reason will be that this is going to cost me a fortune to replace all the mags in handguns and rifles that are greater than 10 round capacity. Complete BS. I need to go blow off some steam.

Yep, my orange card just arrived.

I'll have to give up 3-gun, just as I got my new gun sighted in and getting back into to it after 4 years. I'll tell you it has me drafting letters and looking at real estate over the Mason Dixon. I'll do what I can and hope like hell Vallario drawers this nonsense. I don't want to move...it's been my home for most of my life, but if they don't want me here...

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    If this arbitrary oppressive travesty passes, noncompliance is the only option. Let the domestic enemy gun control freaks figure out how to deal with tens of thousands of new armed criminals. Always refuse and resist unconstitutional infringements and illegal gun and magazine bans!

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    After reading them - are you telling me that I would have to get rid of all of the mags that I have that are above 10rds if this passed?

HOLY COW, How can we all do that in few month span ?

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    After reading them - are you telling me that I would have to get rid of all of the mags that I have that are above 10rds if this passed?

You don't have to get rid of them. You can keep them. Only problem is if the authorities catch you with them and want to prosecute you for having them.

However, if you decide to keep them after this law goes into effect, you are essentially violating this law.

I knew the day started out too good. Time to leave this headache and bleed some brakes.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    As a former member of the military Law Enforcement I have a lot of magazines, I don't want to give them up.

snakep

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Behind enemy lines...

If all you owned were legal 20/30 round mags, through this proposed law the (MD) government would essentially render your legally owned property (AR's/most semi-autos) as unusable. But then that's the goal, isn't it? No infringement there, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom