• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cyclops

Dec 31, 2016
    Western Md.
    We are no doubt better off with Trump than with Hillary but when he makes statements like confiscate and then go to court we should be concerned. Trump started out being the antithesis of a game playing politician but now I'm wondering if that's still true.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    We are no doubt better off with Trump than with Hillary but when he makes statements like confiscate and then go to court we should be concerned. Trump started out being the antithesis of a game playing politician but now I'm wondering if that's still true.

Every time Trump says something stupid the, "think about where we would be if Hillary...blah, blah blah..." gets rolled-out by the apologists, like it's still relevant at this point. Trump won the election 16 months ago. It's nothing more than a half-ass way to deflect from the issues at hand and give Trump a pass. I'm less worried about him being a game-playing politician and more concerned about his apparently fickle position on 2A. I refuse to give him a pass on that and no, it would take a lot more than I'm either seeing or hearing, right now, to convince me that it's all a part of some puppet master-like political strategy he's playing. I mean, I hope the hell it is for our sakes. Trump spends way too much time watching TV and Tweeting blatherskite to convince me he some kind of political genius watching-out for the people who voted for him.

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    The White House suggests that ERPOs “allow law enforcement, with approval from a court, to remove firearms from individuals who are a demonstrated threat to themselves or others and temporarily to prevent individuals from purchasing new firearms.” They stressed that the orders “should be carefully tailored to ensure the due process rights of law-abiding citizens are protected.”

that's already how it is in MD, all it takes is one call from a pissed off wife/girlfriend

your only protection from it is living in an area with conservative pro-2A judges and police

I just don't understand why everyone is freaking out like this is something new... could have been fighting it for years now.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    While I get everyone's angst. I am a reluctant Trump supporter, IE would have voted for someone else if that was an option. I think he will need to clear up what "demonstrated" threat is. TO me demonstrated threat would be the precursors the shooter in Parkland exhibited, not some anonymous call to police that says something that cannot be verified.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    While I get everyone's angst. I am a reluctant Trump supporter, IE would have voted for someone else if that was an option. I think he will need to clear up what "demonstrated" threat is. TO me demonstrated threat would be the precursors the shooter in Parkland exhibited, not some anonymous call to police that says something that cannot be verified.

And I think that is one of the rubs. You are going to have different standards depending on who is doing the "judging." And it is true, I'm married to someone in MH and I've known tons of them: To a lot of people in the mental health field just the very fact you own a gun sends off warning bells in their minds. When still in LE I saw a psychologist involuntarily send someone in for an emergency eval for no other reason than a guy being harassed by neighbors said he owned a gun and would defend himself if his life was threatened.

That, and the problems of misuse I mentioned earlier, and the impossibility of doing a swift return of firearms to the unjustly accused in the real world. It's simply not workable with any amount of fairness.

And besides, the crazy who gets his guns taken away can still go get all the gasoline he wants, or a car, or whatever. People are either demonstrably crazy enough in a violent way to be inpatient, or they aren't, IMHO.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    And I think that is one of the rubs. You are going to have different standards depending on who is doing the "judging." And it is true, I'm married to someone in MH and I've known tons of them: To a lot of people in the mental health field just the very fact you own a gun sends off warning bells in their minds. When still in LE I saw a psychologist involuntarily send someone in for an emergency eval for no other reason than a guy being harassed by neighbors said he owned a gun and would defend himself if his life was threatened.

That, and the problems of misuse I mentioned earlier, and the impossibility of doing a swift return of firearms to the unjustly accused in the real world. It's simply not workable with any amount of fairness.

And besides, the crazy who gets his guns taken away can still go get all the gasoline he wants, or a car, or whatever. People are either demonstrably crazy enough in a violent way to be inpatient, or they aren't, IMHO.
    I agree there would need to be "bar" that would need to tall enough that it could not be abused but clearable with the right steps

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    How soon we forget who the alternative was going to be. You do remember that part, right? He was the only person from the R camp that had a chance of beating her.

I beg to differ. Because she was such a flawed candidate, I think at least 5 or 6 of the other options could have beaten her easily. Cruz, Paul, Rubio, and Carson at the minimum.

Every time Trump says something stupid the, "think about where we would be if Hillary...blah, blah blah..." gets rolled-out by the apologists, like it's still relevant at this point. Trump won the election 16 months ago. It's nothing more than a half-ass way to deflect from the issues at hand and give Trump a pass. I'm less worried about him being a game-playing politician and more concerned about his apparently fickle position on 2A. I refuse to give him a pass on that and no, it would take a lot more than I'm either seeing or hearing, right now, to convince me that it's all a part of some puppet master-like political strategy he's playing. I mean, I hope the hell it is for our sakes. Trump spends way too much time watching TV and Tweeting blatherskite to convince me he some kind of political genius watching-out for the people who voted for him.

Yep. I'm hoping he IS playing his game with them, but this is not the most comforting state of mind to be in. With an anti, you know what you get. With Trump, you're just hoping and praying he leans your way. If he turns we're toast. If more of these tragedies happen, especially in a short time frame, it may be more than he can resist.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I think at least 5 or 6 of the other options could have beaten her easily. Cruz, Paul, Rubio, and Carson at the minimum.

I disagree. Because none of those people would have pulled the cross-over votes from the two-time Obama voters that went to Trump.

Beancounter

Jul 8, 2012
    There was!
    There were four names on the ballot in MD.
    You chose.
    Something about lieing (sic) in beds we make????

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    I was convinced that Trump would win reelection until this confiscation fiasco with the Democrats doubling down on everything that lost them the last election and blaming voters. But hopefully people get in his ear and make sure he knows that he is damaging his chances.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    There was!
    There were four names on the ballot in MD.
    You chose.
    Something about lieing (sic) in beds we make????
    Yes there were 4 names on the ballot. Voting in MD is throwing a vote away voting for for two independents I should have just stayed home. As much as a third party would be nice they need to put forth better candidates. I was not going to vote for Hillary and I held my nose and voted trumps because he was not Hillary voting for the other two were proxy votes for hillary

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    Yes there were 4 names on the ballot. Voting in MD is throwing a vote away voting for for two independents I should have just stayed home. As much as a third party would be nice they need to put forth better candidates. I was not going to vote for Hillary and I held my nose and voted trumps because he was not Hillary voting for the other two were proxy votes for hillary

:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom