Heading up to Harrisburg, anyone else going?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    Getting ready to head out to Harrisburg for the gun show. Anyone else going today? If anyone wants to carpool or meet up, PM me and I'll give you my cell phone. I'll be heading out around 11, Balto area around 12.

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    I went and picked up a Mosin M44 for $80. I've had a C&R for over a year now but had never done a purchase from a dealer (other than over the phone or internet) before. I asked the vendor what I needed to do to make the purchase and he nodded toward a sheet of paperwork. I think it was the Federal check. I told him I had a copy of my C&R license and he said, "In that case I just need to see it and some ID and you're all set." $80 and a minute or so later I was walking away with the rifle. Nice and easy.

SSWEEEEEEET!

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    Congrats Vince.

Now that you know how easy it is, you'll probably be looking for a lot of overtime.....:innocent0

I get plenty of that but it never seems to go as far as I'd like it to. You cant beat the cheap 7.62x54R ammo. In a few years it will probably be $.50 a round!
    :shocking:
    Plus, I need a bigger gun safe now.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    Overall it was a nice show. My only real complaint was that it was about 85 degrees in that place! Everyone's walking around drenched in sweat.

Picked up a 40 round mag for my AK and an all-black 30 rd AR mag. Also found some hard-to-find Cor Bon DPX ammo for my carry gun.

I was disappointed in general at the firearm prices there. Most C&R guns that I was looking for were more expensive by far than what I could get mail-order. I wanted to pick up a K98 Mauser but prices were in the upper $200's for some questionable condition guns they had. For that price I'll order from Classic firearms and get much better condition.

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    It was hot in there. I went up on Saturday looking to pick up some mags for the AK and I found what I was looking for - 30rd plum Bulgarian waffle mags. Been trying to find that color at a show for a while.

Colt 32rd mags for the 9mm AR were expensive. One table had them for $125 for the 32rd and $65 for the 20 rd. Last show in Dulles same lady had them for $100 for the 32 rd, which was too high - considering I bought them for $55 about a year ago from the same place. Another guy had them for $70 but I passed. I did pick up a C-products steel 32 rd 9mm mag to try out in the AR.

Saw a milled Arsensal with thumbhole stock for $225, wish I could have jumped on that.

Someone said one table had Glock auto sears for sale for around $500. I did not check into what that was all about.

Picked up a Glock 33 rd mag - I always end up getting one of those at every show.

Saw a few AK recievers for sale too, looking into getting one of those in the future for a build

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Thanks for the show report and welcome to the forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member