Did anyone else catch this Op-Ed piece in the Baltimore Sun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Here's my message to miss chai latte.......

Mrs. Bishop,

I really wish you hadn’t written this article. Your ignorance and lack of facts about firearms is laughable at best. The idea that there should be a “searchable database” of firearm owners is not only moronic, but illegal! The general assembly in MD passed a bill in 2013 that prohibits the publication of firearm wear and carry permit owners. This was precipitated by the irresponsible actions of a New York publication that same year. Do you know recognize the danger to firearm owners and the general public by doing such a thing as to give criminals a “shopping” list of homes where firearms would be available? You lack of foresight and irresponsible manner in which you wrote this article is appalling. You also state that you are less fearful of "of the criminals wielding guns in Baltimore…..than I am by those permitted gun owners.” Do you really mean that you would rather leave your children with a career criminal than with a licensed, vetted and law abiding firearm owner? I can’t imagine you would hold a criminal illegally “wielding” a firearm in higher regard, then someone who has been finger printed, had their criminal background check into extensively AND taken firearms training in order to exercise a right reinforced by the 2nd Amendment of the Bill of Rights. Is that what you were saying?

Lastly, you use of racial qualifiers as to why you “are able to avid the line of fire” is not only disgusting, but divisive. As if Baltimore needs to add another reason for the races to despise each other, you go and publish in a, at one time respected, newspaper the fact that you believe you have been able to avoid becoming a victim, in part, because of your race. I guess the fact that you avoid high crime areas, you obey laws and do not participate in illicit activities are less important than you economic status and race? You are a disgrace to a one time respected profession. The Baltimore Sun should be ashamed to recognize you as an employee!

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    NO LIST FOR EITHER SIDE!!!

What are people thinking here???

Publishing any list of "non gun houses" would be the same as a list of "pro gun houses"... The criminals would simply mark off the houses which were not listed, as targets for burglary.

No lists EITHER way.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Criminals, unlike liberals, understand that its the PERSON, that gets them shot, not the gun.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Here's my message to miss chai latte.......

Mrs. Bishop,

I really wish you hadn’t written this article. Your ignorance and lack of facts about firearms is laughable at best. The idea that there should be a “searchable database” of firearm owners is not only moronic, but illegal! The general assembly in MD passed a bill in 2013 that prohibits the publication of firearm wear and carry permit owners. This was precipitated by the irresponsible actions of a New York publication that same year. Do you know recognize the danger to firearm owners and the general public by doing such a thing as to give criminals a “shopping” list of homes where firearms would be available? You lack of foresight and irresponsible manner in which you wrote this article is appalling. You also state that you are less fearful of "of the criminals wielding guns in Baltimore…..than I am by those permitted gun owners.” Do you really mean that you would rather leave your children with a career criminal than with a licensed, vetted and law abiding firearm owner? I can’t imagine you would hold a criminal illegally “wielding” a firearm in higher regard, then someone who has been finger printed, had their criminal background check into extensively AND taken firearms training in order to exercise a right reinforced by the 2nd Amendment of the Bill of Rights. Is that what you were saying?

Lastly, you use of racial qualifiers as to why you “are able to avid the line of fire” is not only disgusting, but divisive. As if Baltimore needs to add another reason for the races to despise each other, you go and publish in a, at one time respected, newspaper the fact that you believe you have been able to avoid becoming a victim, in part, because of your race. I guess the fact that you avoid high crime areas, you obey laws and do not participate in illicit activities are less important than you economic status and race? You are a disgrace to a one time respected profession. The Baltimore Sun should be ashamed to recognize you as an employee!

I hope you proofed, and CC'ed the owner of the SunRag as well... With a complaint registered about her racist comment.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    NO LIST FOR EITHER SIDE!!!

What are people thinking here???

Publishing any list of "non gun houses" would be the same as a list of "pro gun houses"... The criminals would simply mark off the houses which were not listed, as targets for burglary.

No lists EITHER way.

Voluntary list. For play-dates.....

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Voluntary list. For play-dates.....

I understand your point Doc, but believe it would merely be used as a burglar check off list of houses to not bother with... The kind of burglar reading such a list is looking for guns. That list would be used to eliminate houses where guns could not be stolen.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    I saw a great comment on Facebook that said something along the lines of "If you want to know if there are guns in a house before your daughter goes there to play, ask the homeowners. If you don't trust them to answer truthfully then you shouldn't be sending your daughter into that house to begin with".

How quickly common sense escapes the loony left.

FMD

I saw a great comment on Facebook that said something along the lines of "If you want to know if there are guns in a house before your daughter goes there to play, ask the homeowners. If you don't trust them to answer truthfully then you shouldn't be sending your daughter into that house to begin with".

How quickly common sense escapes the loony left.

Common sense is a product of self action and responsibility. Liberals such as her rely on government for that. She is a pathetic excuse for a parent.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    This is a pretty clear-cut example of someone with an irrational fear of guns. It's ridiculous that she is more worried about legal gun owners who are statistically far less likely to hurt anyone than the thugs that would kill her and her family just for the hell of it.

Edit: I wonder how she would like it if I posted up her home address on Mt. Royal, or her phone number (ends in 118)? Wouldn't want to accidentally set up a play date with someone with parents with mental illnesses would we?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    This is a pretty clear-cut example of someone with an irrational fear of guns. It's ridiculous that she is more worried about legal gun owners who are statistically far less likely to hurt anyone than the thugs that would kill her and her family just for the hell of it.

We are some pretty scary people. Have you even been to a meet-and-greet?

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    C4 on WBAL and his callers are making fun of this. Great radio!

C-4 was getting pretty worked up, I'm just wonder why he and the other good people of Baltimore are not demanding her resignation or a boycott of The Baltimore Sun?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom