• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    holy crap that's an incredibly low price for FGMM, regardless of bullet weight!

PoPo3

Oct 26, 2009
    Hagerstown, MD
    yeah, my buddy picked up two cases from them and with shipping and everything came out to like $23.00 a box. I can't find those prices anywhere else.

Idempotent

Zombies' Worst Nightmare
    Apr 12, 2010
    Okay, the rifle is complete now! I got the Harris bipod and mounted it. Tomorrow at Cresap looks to be a real fun time.

Idempotent

Zombies' Worst Nightmare
    Apr 12, 2010
    Just to update this thread in case anyone else with a Remington 700 5R comes looking for more information:

I've been pretty consistently getting sub-0.5 MOA results with my handloaded ammunition. I've been using 175 gr Sierra MatchKings, CCI primers, between 44-45 grains of Varget (45 seems to have the least velocity variation), and a smattering of non-military cases. A lot of the groups are wider than they are tall, which is probably a result of PEBSAC errors (Problem Exists Between Stock And Chair). So I can probably shoot better with more practice.

Since that last picture was taken, I've added an Eagle stock pack to get a better cheek weld, added a much thicker recoil pad, and turned the externally adjustable trigger for a lower pull. But that's it -- I'm still using the stock stock, trigger, barrel, etc., with a normal Harris bipod, normal Leupold Mark IV scope, and pretty basic all-steel Warne Maxima non-tactical-style Warner scope mounts without any elevation taper or shims.

Fstbk272

Jun 1, 2010
    MD
    That Russian ammo won't do you any good. I've shot some Brown Bear and it made my groups grow by almost 4". I can hold my .308 S&W 1500 around 1.5", should be able to get better once I tailor a load for it.

Its actually not that bad in HIS gun. I got the chance to shoot it a few weeks ago, and I laid down 3/4" groups with it.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Ive shot brown Bear 308 on a Savage 110 @ 100 yards , Grouped a bout .75-80" with it.

I'm getting the same results on an M1A. However, Did get a couple of FTF malfunctions with it. A bit dirty, but lower cost justifies the extra cleaning time. I'm going to try it out on a Rem 700. It should be good enough for 100 yard plinking.

Delaware Ken

Jun 16, 2010
    Good Evening,

Iv'e had my 5R for almost a year now. It shoots better than any rifle I own. I tryed her at 600 yards on Thursday off of a bench and rest. I shot 5, 3 shot groups to get her sighted in. Two groups were 4", and the other three were 3". If I get a chance, I'll post a picture of the gun and the target. She loves 175 Gr SMK and varget. Can't wait to try the factory class at the next 600 yard shoot.

Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom