Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old May 8th, 2018, 10:40 PM #141
nope nope nope nope

nope nope nope nope

The state did not get this way in 8 years, and wont be fixed in 8 years.

People seem to want Hogan to wave a magic wand and convert 1/3 to 1/2 the state to the cause of liberty and small government, when all they are willing to do is stay home yell at the internet.
danb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2018, 11:16 PM #142
Banned

Banned

Wow, it's even worse than I thought. So many going to vote blatantly against the US constitution. No wonder Maryland is such a $%!&hole.

The temperature in the pot is rising, folks. I think it's time to turn up the heat and see if we can't get some more frogs to jump out before it's too late. Sometimes you have to knock it all down to start over.

You've got an example at the federal scale. Both political parties went nuts, so we got the other guy. Maybe not perfect, but it's a start. It's a movement. Stop voting for more of the same. Stop voting to lose your rights. Start a movement here.
JaegerJason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2018, 01:42 AM #143
Former MSI BOD

Former MSI BOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaegerJason View Post
Wow, it's even worse than I thought. So many going to vote blatantly against the US constitution. No wonder Maryland is such a $%!&hole.

The temperature in the pot is rising, folks. I think it's time to turn up the heat and see if we can't get some more frogs to jump out before it's too late. Sometimes you have to knock it all down to start over.

You've got an example at the federal scale. Both political parties went nuts, so we got the other guy. Maybe not perfect, but it's a start. It's a movement. Stop voting for more of the same. Stop voting to lose your rights. Start a movement here.
Except the "other guy" you speak of posted an amazing 33% of the vote, compared to Hillary's commanding 60% in Maryland.

Any movement or attempt to get the other guy is going to have to deal with the reality of Maryland's demographics. Federally Trump worked because of the United States Electoral College balancing the weight of the large states with the small ones. There is no mechanism like that in Maryland. Maryland has 24 counties and 1 city. Hillary won 6 of the 24 counties and won the state.

Hogan won, in part because he was the other guy, in part because Brown sucked, and in part because he acknowledged that you can't win a statewide election in Maryland without Democratic support.

But I know to many of you these are the "politics of fear" and really if we just don't vote, the Republicans will run a hardcore conservative, and magically Democrats will jump ship like rats trying to support a hardcore conservative.

While people wait for that happen, I'll sit back and enjoy all the new taxes and gun control we get. They lost 4 years, I'm sure they will be eager to play catch up. I mean someone's gotta fund the Red Line light rail, and new bus lines, and throw more money into the money pit of unaccountability that is many schools in this state.
gprimr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2018, 01:59 AM #144
Grumpy Old Man

Grumpy Old Man

In Maryland politics you do not vote FOR someone..... you vote AGAINST the worst. It is always the choice between a douche and a s**t sandwich and will probably remain that way until you either move to free America or die.
Blacksmith101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2018, 07:50 AM #145

I do not understand why so many believe Hogan is going to be able to change the political landscape of Maryland.

Article III of the Maryland Constitution clearly spells out the process for establishing legislative districts. The MGA has the upper hand in the process. A safe bet their preliminary plan has already been drawn.

https://msa.maryland.gov/msa/mdmanua...ml/03art3.html
Vetted84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2018, 08:16 AM #146
Confederate Jew

Confederate Jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksmith101 View Post
In Maryland politics you do not vote FOR someone..... you vote AGAINST the worst. It is always the choice between a douche and a s**t sandwich and will probably remain that way until you either move to free America or die.
W. C. Fields approves of this post.

Of course I am a worthless POS, surrender monkey, quisling, red coat, sucker-egg, who has no spine, and beats small children when in my cups.
Old May 9th, 2018, 08:18 AM #147
nope nope nope nope

nope nope nope nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetted84 View Post
I do not understand why so many believe Hogan is going to be able to change the political landscape of Maryland.

Article III of the Maryland Constitution clearly spells out the process for establishing legislative districts. The MGA has the upper hand in the process. A safe bet their preliminary plan has already been drawn.

https://msa.maryland.gov/msa/mdmanua...ml/03art3.html
Quote:
The Governor shall present the plan to the President of the Senate and Speaker of the House of Delegates who shall introduce the Governor's plan as a joint resolution to the General Assembly, not later than the first day of its regular session in the second year following every census, and the Governor may call a special session for the presentation of his plan prior to the regular session.
The Gov may or may not get his plan adopted, but at least there will be an alternative plan that makes the motives of the GA transparent.

by the way, this part is a joke, right?

Quote:
Each legislative district shall consist of adjoining territory, be compact in form, and of substantially equal population. Due regard shall be given to natural boundaries and the boundaries of political subdivisions.
danb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2018, 08:26 AM #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksmith101 View Post
This hits the nail on the head.

First election that I've voted in for a long time where I could vote for someone that I wanted to instead of merely voting against someone was when I cast my ballot for Trump.
SigDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2018, 09:03 AM #149
Returnedish Member

Returnedish Member

Boondock Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2018, 09:08 AM #150

( Having only read the first page of thread )

Actual the Govenors back in the 1860's were " Unionist " , not Republican. The Union Party was a temporary splinter party during the Civil War and early Reconstruction era . Simplified , they were otherwise Democrats , that opposed Succession, and favored keeping the Union together . Back then , they were way different than the Republicians .

So the answer is Theodore McKeldin only .

Had he not become Vice President, Agnew probably would have been reelected . The other question is whether he would have completed his second term before going to Federal prison.
Biggfoot44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues

Tags
fool me twice, jealous for governor, rino larry, shame on me