• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    Rifle should be here Wednesday or Thursday, also bought a Steiner 1x4 to sit on top of it:

ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    Did you go evil black or fde ?

FDE
    Should be here tomorrow :)
    I'll mount the 1-4 Steiner for a while to shoot for now , but eventually I want to get a mk6 or nightforce 2.5-10 still trying to decide though. I want to set this rifle up as a dmr, but I think the 18 might be a little much what say y'all?

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I originally had a Super Sniper HD 1-6x on mine in a Bobro mount, however I swapped it out for a NightForce SHV 3-10x in a ADM mount. I have an NSX on my M1A but don't really feel like I need exposed turrets on the SCAR.

I also did the Geisselle Super Scar trigger plunge, while it's better than stock, it's still not anything to write home about. I previously had a Timney trigger in it, which had a crisper break, but I was getting light strikes.

ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    I originally had a Super Sniper HD 1-6x on mine in a Bobro mount, however I swapped it out for a NightForce SHV 3-10x in a ADM mount. I have an NSX on my M1A but don't really feel like I need exposed turrets on the SCAR.

I also did the Geisselle Super Scar trigger plunge, while it's better than stock, it's still not anything to write home about. I previously had a Timney trigger in it, which had a crisper break, but I was getting light strikes.

The first things I wanna change is the pistol grip and then guy the KDG stock. If only for comesmetic purposes because it looks cool

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I'm going to try a Burris at II with a 1.5 x 8 beyond that it gets harder to keep things still at my age lol

sailskidrive

Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I would forget about the stock and get the MREX hand guard extension instead. The barrel on the SCAR gets pretty damn hot and it's easy to burn a hand or a calf if you have it hanging from a sling...

Also, stock up on the mags now while they're cheap an easy to find.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I would forget about the stock and get the MREX hand guard extension instead. The barrel on the SCAR gets pretty damn hot and it's easy to burn a hand or a calf if you have it hanging from a sling...

Ditto on the Mags !!!

ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River

My dealer sold them to me for 33 no taxes :)

sailskidrive

Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    How is the new SCAR17? Do you like the Steiner 1-4x?

I've recently read some really bad reviews on the MREX replacement stock for the SCAR.

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    I love shooting my buddy's 17 I would never buy one tho I asked him how much he had in the rifle and he said 4100 you are getting to low grade mg money at that point.

ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    How is the new SCAR17? Do you like the Steiner 1-4x?

I've recently read some really bad reviews on the MREX replacement stock for the SCAR.

I love this freaking rifle it's a dream to shoot and the optic trumps my old Vortex strike eagle by a long shot so that's a plus. Only con so far is the optic and mount adds like a pound or two

sailskidrive

Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    What grip did you put on it?

I hear you on the price, but if you compare the cost to a nice M1A or high quality bolt gun they're all in a similar price category... especially once optics are thrown in the mix.

ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    What grip did you put on it?

I hear you on the price, but if you compare the cost to a nice M1A or high quality bolt gun they're all in a similar price category... especially once optics are thrown in the mix.

A rubberized magpul k2 grip that Parker mounted machine modified to fit the scar, makes a world of difference handing the rifle

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom