Geissele Triggers, another reason to spend the money.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I was under the impression the SSA-E was only 3.5 which wouldnt be legal but I can check it out.

Glad you liked the light! Did you have a charger? If not there are some very nice affordable ones out there.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I was under the impression the SSA-E was only 3.5 which wouldnt be legal but I can check it out.

Glad you liked the light! Did you have a charger? If not there are some very nice affordable ones out there.

They offer heavier springs but Im not aware of requirements for any Service Matches. I just set them as requested when I used to do gunwork.

I found a charger, it also seems to work well on CR123's with a sleeve. Not sure if that's ok though. I just tested it.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I was going to ask the same thing. What makes a Geissele better than a Timney and better enough to justify the additional expense?

Geissele don't bump or come out of adjustment unless you get a NM one that isn't locked down. Geisseles They just work and work.

Timney is a paper punching trigger, a Geissele you can bet your rear on. Timney trigger are made by good people and they make a good product but not something I prefer for any serious use firearm.

If that dosent matter to you then it dosent. It does to me and people I used to build rifles for.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county

Bolts rock was saying that he picked up a special gissele service rifle trigger (I think it was a 4.5 lb ssa-e) but it was a factory order item. I am not 100% on the details, but planned on getting them when I was ready to order mine (which will be in the white oak build probably next year). I was planning on sending him some pm's....

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    Bolts rock was saying that he picked up a special gissele service rifle trigger (I think it was a 4.5 lb ssa-e) but it was a factory order item. I am not 100% on the details, but planned on getting them when I was ready to order mine (which will be in the white oak build probably next year). I was planning on sending him some pm's....

SSA-SE, you have to call them and ask about it.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Reading this thread (with a grin on my face) and running an SSA-E and SD3G in two of my guns, (more AR's to improve later), I can't help but think a little editing is in order. We've all heard "buy once, cry once," but with Geissele triggers, I think we should say "buy once, cry once, smile every time you pick it up!"

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Reading this thread (with a grin on my face) and running an SSA-E and SD3G in two of my guns, (more AR's to improve later), I can't help but think a little editing is in order. We've all heard "buy once, cry once," but with Geissele triggers, I think we should say "buy once, cry once, smile every time you pick it up!"

I think that's pretty accurate.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    I love my SSA and am very very fond of my Geissele tuned ALG ACT. Started running them both in the last month. Pretty confident I won't run any other trigger than a Geissele.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    Geissele don't bump or come out of adjustment unless you get a NM one that isn't locked down. Geisseles They just work and work.

Timney is a paper punching trigger, a Geissele you can bet your rear on. Timney trigger are made by good people and they make a good product but not something I prefer for any serious use firearm.

If that dosent matter to you then it dosent. It does to me and people I used to build rifles for.

I'll have to try one someday at the range. I'm no "operator" but certainly appreciate quality and durability in most everything I own. Thanks for the info.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    nah, it's a totally different animal. the ACT is a fantastic budget-friendly trigger that feels great and breaks cleanly, but it's on a very different field from the geissele-branded units.

when you come over to do the free-float tube, i'll let you dry-fire an ALG i have sitting in a lower so you can see if it works for you.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    They offer heavier springs but Im not aware of requirements for any Service Matches. I just set them as requested when I used to do gunwork.

I found a charger, it also seems to work well on CR123's with a sleeve. Not sure if that's ok though. I just tested it.

Minimums for High Power are 4.5 pounds Service Rifle, 3.5 Pounds Match Rifle.

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Thanks for the offer. My next build will be for a longer range, paper punching deer popping rifle probably in 6.8. The M4ish build we are tweeking now is for short range HD type fun. I knew I did not want a stock trigger and the ALG-ACT got good words for a $60 trigger vs stepping up to a Geissele for my first AR. Just shoot me a PM wen you have time for the tube, no rush on my end........ well not too much - lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom