• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engage Instructor

Industry Partner
    Oct 27, 2011
    ENGAGE BASIC HANDGUN

The Engage Basic Pistol class is for those who are looking for a good start to building the framework for more advanced pistol manipulation. The course starts with the basic fundamentals of pistol marksmanship then goes into beginner defensive marksmanship basics that can be applied to yourself defense plan. If you have never shot a suppressed handgun before then we will also provide the opportunity to do so. We use our own range so it gives us the ability to more than any range in the area, with safety in mind of course! You will be given a certificate at the end of the course that is honored by many different companies and law enforcement organizations for basic qualifications for handgun related permits, also for our Combat Handgun Course. We have about 4 hours total of classroom time with give or take 3 hours of high quality range time!

The price of the course is $200.00 per person with special couple pricing and it includes:

-Gun Rental
    -100 Rounds of Ammunition
    -Eye/ Ear Protection
    -Range Fees
    -Company Fees
    -Food (Coffee, Doughnuts, Soda, Water, Bad A$$ lunch)
    -Good, Safe, Fun!!

Payment for the will be done in two parts there will be an up front non refundable deposit of $100 due 24 hours before the course date (call if there are any problems). Of course the rest of the payment is due at the beginning of the course. The payment methods are Credit Card, Cash or check made out to Engage Armament. All of our course's start at 09:00 AM unless otherwise posted.

The course dates are subject to change and I will give ample time to any changes being made. If there are any questions about anything feel free to give me a buzz! Thank you for your time and consideration.

Your Future Firearms Instructor,
    Andrew James Wynne
    Engage Armament Firearms Instructor

General Information and FAQ:
    - WE SHOOT RAIN OR SHINE, SO UNLESS THERE IS A NATURAL DISASTER, WE ARE TRAINING!!!!!The range has a lean to for cover for those who will not operate in the rain.
    - A deposit of half of the course entry fee is now due one week prior to the date of the course or otherwise posted. This portion of the funds is non-refundable and can be used for other courses.
    - If you have any injuries or disabilities, please let me know. This does not bar you from taking my course’s because I will help you as best as I can!
    - We will be holding courses at least twice monthly depending on work load, personal, and business considerations.
    - Dates are subject to change! You will be notified the second something changes
    - You may bring your own firearms, equipment, and ammunition but it will NOT change the course price.
    - Lunch is provided at all courses’ to include Sandwiches, Chips, Soda, Water, Cookies, Fruit, and Coffee.
    - If you do not have any of the required equipment, some maybe provided for a cost depending on availability
    - I REQUIRE YOUR FULL NAME AND CONTACT INFORMATION TO SIGN UP. This is for a preliminary background check so that I am sure I am not training a prohibited person or illegal alien.

Our range is good enough to start the skunk works for our new course selection, so look out in the future for course such as:

Engage Combat Carbine
    Engage Home Defense Shotgun
    Engage Concealed Carry Citizen

If you are interested in signing up for the basic pistol course then I need the following information from you:

Full Name:
    Phone:
    Email:
    Date of Birth:
    Do you need a Pistol?
    If no then what ammo do you need?

Once I have all of that information I will put you down for a spot in the course and will be awaiting your payment. Thank you for your time and consideration!

BSmit3

Oct 15, 2012
    Frederick, Maryland
    I saw on your website that you have a location in Thurmont, is that where this class will be held for the whole class or will you have the classroom time in Kensington? I'm right down the street from Thurmont and it looks to be a good course. Look foward from hearing from you.

Bill

BSmit3

Oct 15, 2012
    Frederick, Maryland
    How many spots do you have available and if you still have some, where to I send my deposit? Hope to hear from you soon (and we still have power after Hurricane Sandy).

Engage Instructor

Industry Partner
    Oct 27, 2011
    I would like to enroll into the November class.

There are plenty of spots left my friend! If you would like to enroll please send me a PM with the following information:

Full Name:
    Phone:
    Email:
    Date of Birth:
    Do you need a Pistol?
    If no then what ammo do you need?

Once I have all of that information I will put you down for a spot in the course and will be awaiting your payment. Thank you for your time!

bnich82

African American w/a Gun!
    Dec 8, 2011
    EI,

Do we need to bring any gear with us like holsters or mag pouches?

psycosteve

Meme magic works!!!
    Sep 3, 2012
    Gentrfying the Hagersbush.
    My review of the class.

I would like to first take the time to say that this was unlike any other class I have ever taken . The environment was very laid back but at the same time very structured . If you have ever been to the shop you would understand . There was from pretension the instructors at all , in fact the class was urged to seek out other instructors for a variety of instruction . The course was about 4 hours of class time and about 3 hours of range time. The class time did not seemed like it was 4 hours due to it being really interesting. The range time is where this course really shined . The targets were close range and the drills were challenging to say the least. To call this just a basic course would be an injustice to both the instructors and to the class its self. The class did a great job of covering basic handgun safety, marksmanship it also briefly hinted with some defensive shooting and some of the stress drills. There was a lot to learn or in my case a lot to unlearn for the class when it came to my grip and trigger pull. I will say that when you get your E-mail after registering for the class they talk about a bad azz lunch they mean it . I had one half of a sub that was 8 inches and had enough meat on it for two subs of that size. Note if your a coffee drinker they brew their coffee military strength so you might want to take it easy on it to avoid the jitters . All in all good times and I left out of there knowing what I needed to do next time I go to the range to get better .

Last edited:
    Nov 13, 2011
    Bethesda, MD
    I thoroughly enjoyed your class today and it was great for someone like me who literally never shot a firearm until today. I'd recommend your training to anyone interested in learning to shoot. Once I get a little more range time in, I will definitely be returning for an intermediate or advanced class. For the price I don't think anyone could deliver a greater value; the training was informative, not dry and the lunch was ridic. I don't think Ted and his wife could have been friendlier. I felt more like I was visiting close relatives for a holiday than training.

Yes, the lunch is that bad@$$.

BSmit3

Oct 15, 2012
    Frederick, Maryland
    Basic Handgun

I have to agree with all said above. For a first time shooter, the class was more than I expected. Instruction was top notch and the friendly-family feel added to the overall experience. A lot was taking in during the class and working on those concepts is the key to getting better. It was well worth the time and as mentioned above; it didn't feel we were there for seven hours. AJ made it look easy, but a lot work ahead for me. Anyone looking for first time instruction or further training, I highly recommend Engage Armament. These guys care about what they do and you won't be disappointed.

Best Regards,
    Bill Smith

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom