• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    I've probably posted this before, but every once in awhile I'll see this photo.. and it just makes me smile.

c9ea67ddc28ebe5772ca25d358edd75a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I looked for months for a Charger front end. Have yet to see one on eBay. Sent several barrels off to get cut and threaded; two of them are less than the $130+ a factory Charger barrel usually costs.

Yeah, they're hen's teeth, and Ruger won't sell you a factory one separately apparently.

I did find this company, which I know virtually nothing about, who makes a Charger Takedown front end with a cantilevered optic mount, which is nice:
    http://www.adaptivetactical.com/products/tachammer-rcb-barrel-rail-22-charger-takedown.php

I'm not entirely clear on it, but I don't think they include the barrel block or any of that associated hardware with it, which would mean extra expense.

I've seen them advertised for $200 and change. At that point, though, I'd be tempted to just buy this complete Charger for like $315:
    http://www.ruger.com/products/22Charger/specSheets/4926.html

The 10" barrel is longer than I "need," but it would still be good enough. This also illustrates the "danger" of getting started playing with 10/22s, in that it's *easy* to justify buying another rifle because they're relatively cheap... :P

Cutting a factory barrel down also gives you the option of any length. I did the above one to keep iron sights with a factory, and another one at 4.5" to keep bulk pack subsonic. Don't go that short on a takedown though, keep it ~5"+ to avoid issues with the barrel block.

Ohh.... a 5" barrel one would be pretty badass... Dammit, now you've got me thinking.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I've probably posted this before, but every once in awhile I'll see this photo.. and it just makes me smile.

c9ea67ddc28ebe5772ca25d358edd75a.jpg

Nice picture, Ty!

I am slowly on my way there. My pistol can is in my safe, but I'm still waiting on a rifle and rimfire can which are in jail. One SBR is in the safe, and I've got another receiver sitting in there...

Also, you make me jealous with that stock. I *really* wanted to run the Gunfighter stock on my 8.5" bbl SBR, but it won't make 29" OAL with that on there, so it's reserved for out of state use. I've also got a line on an SBS that I might "need" to get...

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    I did find this company, which I know virtually nothing about, who makes a Charger Takedown front end with a cantilevered optic mount, which is nice:
    http://www.adaptivetactical.com/products/tachammer-rcb-barrel-rail-22-charger-takedown.php
    I'm not entirely clear on it, but I don't think they include the barrel block or any of that associated hardware with it, which would mean extra expense .[/url]
    I’ve only seen the TacHammer come as just a barrel. Volquartsen’s comparable setup comes as a complete forward half.

I think the TacSol stock/barrel sets come with the locking block as well.

I’ve seen the factory locking block separately on eBay for $50. Hens’ teeth like you said…
    The 10" barrel is longer than I "need," but it would still be good enough. This also illustrates the "danger" of getting started playing with 10/22s, in that it's *easy* to justify buying another rifle because they're relatively cheap... :P
    The upside of SBR’ing a 10/22 or Charger, is you can mess with it while waiting on the Form 1. Collect your stock, forend, sights, rails, grips, etc., and send off barrels for threading while you wait. I was luckly my first 10/22 TD SBR only took like 100 days. Now it’ll be a bit longer I’m afraid… :sad20:

Ohh.... a 5" barrel one would be pretty badass... Dammit, now you've got me thinking.
    Regular 10/22 barrels on eBay go for as little as $40 sometimes. $65 to have them threaded by Class 3 Machining or someone, plus you can shoot the 16” one while you wait.

You know you want to… :cool:

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    Ty - what are the specs of your AK? Every time I see one I want to build one.
    It's a Zastava PAP M92 PV sbr,
    Manticore stock and folding adapter from some company.
    ALG trigger kit
    US Palm pistol grip.
    Spikes Dynacomp
    Magpul magazine

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Wife said get a hobby so, I chose stamp collecting. Here is my latest collection.

Sendra M16 with an LMT Rail Mounted M203 grenade launcher and an AAC 762-SDN-6 can.

(Shoes in picture as proof of authenticity of picture :D )

Dave

Attachments

• M203b.JPG
      M203b.JPG
      39.8 KB · Views: 754

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Wife said get a hobby so, I chose stamp collecting. Here is my latest collection.

Sendra M16 with an LMT Rail Mounted M203 grenade launcher and an AAC 762-SDN-6 can.

Dave

Sooooo jealous! Nice Dave. :thumbsup:

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

Dave

Holy donkey nuggets

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region

Dave

40mm rounds are subsonic. Now you need a suppressor for the M203. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom