• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Funny... that's the same thing my wife says about me. ;)

full.gif

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Is the grip smaller than the m10 grip? First thing people say about my m10 is holy crap, that grip is huge? I only get my hands half way around it.

The original M11A1 small magwell grip is much smaller than an M10 -45 grip. With the Lage grip, they are closer in size. The Lage is also very ergonomic.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    21" OAL collapsed, 5.56x45. Lower is from a pre-ban SBR that I made sure was in a copycat state before the ban. Not quite as light as I'd wish for, but it's one compact gun. Needs a Magpul K2+ grip.

Not quite as tiny as Clandestine's 9mm gun, but I opted for the 8.25" barrel to save myself some headache if I run it suppressed. Runs very reliably without suppression.

Attachments

• IMG_1054.jpg
      IMG_1054.jpg
      83.4 KB · Views: 648
    Last edited:

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    21" OAL collapsed. Lower is from a pre-ban SBR that I made sure was in a copycat state before the ban. Not quite as light as I'd wish for, but it's one compact gun. Needs a Magpul K2+ grip.

Not quite as tiny as Clandestine's 9mm gun, but I opted for the 8.25" barrel to save myself some headache if I run it suppressed. Runs very reliably without suppression.

What stock are you running there? NEA or MVB?

Dave

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    21" OAL collapsed. Lower is from a pre-ban SBR that I made sure was in a copycat state before the ban. Not quite as light as I'd wish for, but it's one compact gun. Needs a Magpul K2+ grip.

NOw that's a proper SBR :thumbsup:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    You're brave to SBR a Head Down lower... Was that from the group buy?
    Yes, it was from the group buy. I was one of the lucky ones who got one that had no real problems, probably because I didn't go with the Cerakote option. Only issue I've noticed is that it didn't seem to want to take my VMHT Uzi magwell adapter, but that's living in another lower anyways.

This gun isn't really the most comfortable in the world to shoot, but it's one of the smallest 5.56x45 packages you can get... believe it or not, velocity is only about 20% less than a 16" barrel.

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Yes, it was from the group buy. I was one of the lucky ones who got one that had no real problems, probably because I didn't go with the Cerakote option. Only issue I've noticed is that it didn't seem to want to take my VMHT Uzi magwell adapter, but that's living in another lower anyways.

This gun isn't really the most comfortable in the world to shoot, but it's one of the smallest 5.56x45 packages you can get... believe it or not, velocity is only about 20% less than a 16" barrel.

Glad to hear you aren't having any problems with it. It's actually identical to the 300 I'm building right now. I'm going for a honeybadger feel, and aside from a longer hand guard it's spot on to what I envision.

Range report?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Range report?
    I put in cheap steel Barnaul ammo and it runs like lightning. Zero failures. Slight discomfort from the back of the stock (which is completely unpadded), short length, and from the so-so cheek rest. OTOH, the optic works well enough without a tight cheek weld, so no problem.

Upper is from Karri's Guns with a 8.25" barrel. The remaining bits of the BCG are from PSA. Handguard seems solid enough. The NEA CCS does not always retract smoothly unless you're really pulling on it... IMHO, the Troy looks like a slightly better system, but waiting for reviews. This is one of the few guns where I really want a Magpul K2+ or similar grip... the way my body is positioned, it seems like it would be more comfortable. Might try to pick one up today at Engage, if they still have 'em.

Also, does the BAD lever get in the way of the stock bars?
    Maybe a little. Not enough to matter, it doesn't lock in quite as far as the picture shows. The lower was a bigger problem, I had to bend the lever slightly to make it fit.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I picked up my Tirant 9 from Hansohn Brothers today. Got home and put it on my 9mm SBR. Can't wait to shoot this thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom