• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I called once just to make sure it was received and filed. Basically all they can tell you is "it's still pending". Pretty much a waste of time imo

Yup, a waste of time. I use to call a few years ago and after a couple submissions, it is futile. I have an individual in from Dec of 16 and a trust in from May of 17.
    I just wait now. Some day they will come in....

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    Submitted Nov 29, 2016
    Approved August 21, 2017

Now if they'd only mail the paperwork to the gun shop so I can get my toy

Bboarder

Me Myself & I
    Mar 7, 2010
    Reisterstown
    So people like me stop asking, could folks include in their posts the other pertinent info on their submission/approvals. Trust/individual, and form number.

CHEF

May 25, 2011
    frederick Md
    Form 3 submitted 8/30/17 approved 9/3/17
    Form 4 submitted 8/31/17 approved ????

Individual

Purchased through Silencer Shop
    Fingerprints and all that stuff through their kiosk.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    I'm really not happy that they seem to be working on January individual Form 1/4 submittals at this point but they seem to have stopped working on trusts. I called to check on my Sept 2016 Form 1 and October form 4 trusts and the girl gave me a bit of lip when I asked why trust submissions were so far behind. She told me that individual is faster because it only needs one background check. I couldn't get anything else out of her.

I'm really not happy that they seem to be working on January individual Form 1/4 submittals at this point but they seem to have stopped working on trusts. I called to check on my Sept 2016 Form 1 and October form 4 trusts and the girl gave me a bit of lip when I asked why trust submissions were so far behind. She told me that individual is faster because it only needs one background check. I couldn't get anything else out of her.
    One of the reasons I elected to remain an individual instead of trust

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

One of the reasons I elected to remain an individual instead of trust

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Individuals have been quicker for a while, mainly because prior to 14 July, they were in the minority. Trusts required more reading and back then, everybody was doing trusts. Before that, trusts took less time because they cut down on 'CLEO'(read state police) sign-off lag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom