• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrhzn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2017
    Looking for an M1 Garand chambered in .308 I came across Shuffs parkerizing. in addition to restoring the Garand he can turn it into a mini-G very cool check it out.

http://shuffsparkerizing.com/services/the-mini-g/

Now back to looking for a .308 so I can send it to Shuff and turn it into a mini :) Anyone know where I can get a .308?

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Shuff's just turned my slightly beatup Garand into a perfect tanker (okay, a Mini-G). He does excellent work. You won't be disappointed.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Why buy a Special Grade only to have it cut down into a Mini G?

Why not send him a Field Grade in .30-06 and let him rebarrel it as part of the conversion?

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    What is the going rate on a field grade? The prices appear to be high on the auction sites (I've only looked at Gun Broker lately). If the OP can find a bargain 30-06, and get it rebarreled for less than the cost of the CMP, go for it. Don't know how budget conscious the OP is.

Q

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Not sure what CMP is will google it...

I'm sort of horrified you don't know what the CMP is.

Quickly! Read this thread all the way through!

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=149064

Looks like they're out of Field Grades right now, for the time being. They do have Service Grades for $730. Somebody posted recently that they got a Service Grade in about a week. Six weeks is more typical, but the CMP fluctuates wildly in shipping time. Hell, they fluctuate wildly in everything, it sometimes seems. Very quirky place, God bless 'em.

jrhzn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2017
    What is the going rate on a field grade? The prices appear to be high on the auction sites (I've only looked at Gun Broker lately). If the OP can find a bargain 30-06, and get it rebarreled for less than the cost of the CMP, go for it. Don't know how budget conscious the OP is.

Q

Looks like field grade are up for $750ish.

jrhzn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2017
    I'm sort of horrified you don't know what the CMP is.

Quickly! Read this thread all the way through!

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=149064

Looks like they're out of Field Grades right now, for the time being. They do have Service Grades for $730. Somebody posted recently that they got a Service Grade in about a week. Six weeks is more typical, but the CMP fluctuates wildly in shipping time. Hell, they fluctuate wildly in everything, it sometimes seems. Very quirky place, God bless 'em.

Ha ha don’t be horrified.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Looks like field grade are up for $750ish.

When they have them, the Springfield or HRA Field Grades are $100 less than the Service Grades. Looks like they've been out of them since January. Winchesters and IHCs were more expensive, because of supply & demand, but those are out now, too.

Service Grades are very good rifles, and worth more than the $730 price. I think you're seeing the Service Grades.

----

Yes, it is horrifying to contemplate an obviously intelligent man of good taste such as you, who nonetheless is in grave danger of missing out on his birthright: Garands from the CMP.

I strongly recommend you send in an order for a Service Grade as soon as possible.

The CMP has been bumping along on the verge of running out of Garands for awhile. Grab as many Garands from them as you can manage, while you still can.

Remember, chicks dig guys with Garands.

There is something special about the Garand: there is no other rifle quite like it. When you step up to the line with an M1 Garand, people will turn their heads and take notice. Strong men will respect you. Beautiful women will fall at your feet. The enemies of freedom will flee in dismay.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    If you are intent on having someone build a mini G for you all you need is the receiver everything else can be bought on line or the builder will supply it.

I have bought a CMP M1 Garand Special in .308 great gun and a Garand to shoot when the surplus .30-06 runs out.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    If you are intent on having someone build a mini G for you all you need is the receiver everything else can be bought on line or the builder will supply it.

I have bought a CMP M1 Garand Special in .308 great gun and a Garand to shoot when the surplus .30-06 runs out.

Didn't someone have one in the classifieds a while back? Maybe Yellowsled?

jrhzn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2017

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom