• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jason21237

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2011
    Delta,PA
    Card charged today. Pretty quick turnaround it seems. Dropped in mail on Sunday so actually picked up Monday. Sent to Georgia addy

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I need to buy a rifle safe first...so it will be a couple months, lol!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eh, start with a handgun. It's more satisfying having those shipped right to your door. My first three c$r purchases have all been pistols. No rifles yet.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    I'm hoping someone knows the answer to this "bound book" question. I created an electronic template of the acquisition and disposition table. Whenever I purchase a new C&R firearm, I just add a row to the table for the new entry and fill in the acquisition info. Is this incorrect? Do I need to have a separate table/page for each purchase?

Thanks.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Is it legal to buy C&R guns here in Maryland that are on the Maryland no no list if they are 50 years old and one holds an ffl 03?

I think I have this worded correctly:
    No, C&R does not allow you to buy something banned in the state you are having it sent to (MD)
    C&R license is for interstate purchases in general. Interstate purchases (except for non banned longguns from a neighbor state) requires FFL transfer. C&R allows FFL transfer (C&R is the FFL) for C&R Items. But C&R does not pre-empt state laws. If a hand gun is C&R, but newer than 1985 and not on the MD handgun roster, then its not allowed for example.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I'm hoping someone knows the answer to this "bound book" question. I created an electronic template of the acquisition and disposition table. Whenever I purchase a new C&R firearm, I just add a row to the table for the new entry and fill in the acquisition info. Is this incorrect? Do I need to have a separate table/page for each purchase?

Thanks.

No separate page for each purchase but it should have all the required information. There is a link somewhere here to some examples. You also need to keep a hard copy in a binder or something, you can't just keep it electronic as I understand it.

Here you go: Post #20
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=931

matt.ruszala

Jan 31, 2012
    NorthEast Baltimore City
    I think I have this worded correctly:
    No, C&R does not allow you to buy something banned in the state you are having it sent to (MD)
    C&R license is for interstate purchases in general. Interstate purchases (except for non banned longguns from a neighbor state) requires FFL transfer. C&R allows FFL transfer (C&R is the FFL) for C&R Items. But C&R does not pre-empt state laws. If a hand gun is C&R, but newer than 1985 and not on the MD handgun roster, then its not allowed for example.

Thanks. Just wanted to clarify this point. Some of the guns on the banned list could fall under the C&R too! I just sent my C&R app. in last week. What a bummer for we gun fans in Maryland.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Thanks. Just wanted to clarify this point. Some of the guns on the banned list could fall under the C&R too! I just sent my C&R app. in last week. What a bummer for we gun fans in Maryland.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Not could ... DO ... the Dragunov SVD rifle (as a clone of the Chinese NDM) is a C&R firearm, but banned in MD.

Jason21237

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2011
    Delta,PA
    C&R arrived today in the mail. Just a tad past 30 days from funds being removed from my account on Mar 28th. I thought there was also some sort of info packet?

Jason21237

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2011
    Delta,PA
    Ok whats the procedure for signing the license. I have seen to NOT sign the original. I just made some color copies of my original. If I scan a copy to the computer to email to dealer should I sign the copy before I scan it? Thanks for any help

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Ok whats the procedure for signing the license. I have seen to NOT sign the original. I just made some color copies of my original. If I scan a copy to the computer to email to dealer should I sign the copy before I scan it? Thanks for any help

Copy original. Sign the copy. Scan the copy. Send to dealers :thumbsup:

Keep original unsigned in a safe place.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I've had several dealers request an ink copy. Whenever I have to, I just make a copy of the original and then sign that in blue ink to show the contrast. Stamp it file copy and you're good to go.

Yeah that works too. Up to this point, every dealer I've dealt with has accepted and emailed scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom