• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    I cant find the specific address to send my C&R application. What is the correct address to send the application and payment? Thanks.

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    Once again turned down on a c&r for a remington rand 1911 on gunbroker,ffl in Arkansas said he couldn't ship to a c&r,gun needs to be 100 years old,told him to look it up on the list,he said what list,it was still a good deal,he cut me a brake on shipping and no cc fee so I sent copy of local ffl,just so many times my c&r doesn't get accepted starting to think what's the point of having it.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Once again turned down on a c&r for a remington rand 1911 on gunbroker,ffl in Arkansas said he couldn't ship to a c&r,gun needs to be 100 years old,told him to look it up on the list,he said what list,it was still a good deal,he cut me a brake on shipping and no cc fee so I sent copy of local ffl,just so many times my c&r doesn't get accepted starting to think what's the point of having it.

I had a seller balk on selling me a Savage 99 on my C&R license last year. I sent him a link to the ATF website that clearly showed that it was eligible. He then agreed to do it. I guess it all depends on the individual seller and their understanding of the law. It is frustrating, though.

wiseguys4jc

wiseguys4jc
    Mar 7, 2014
    claification on a point mentioned

Hi, Thanks for the very informative and helpful article. I have two questions;
    I noticed the post is from back in 2009. Would you consider updating the article if anything is new or changed since then? Especially with all the changes to MD handgun laws in general, for MD since October 2013. Thanks so much.
    Also, I live in MD and just applied for my C& R. Would you clarify the following sentence in the article for me? :0)

"There are no rewards in buying a C&R handgun or C&R "assault rifle" in the state of Maryland. You must follow all state laws and record the acquisition in your bound book even though you could not use your license to purchase the said firearm"
    Thanks again. :0)

mgbill

Apr 19, 2007
    Mount Airy, MD
    Hi, Thanks for the very informative and helpful article. I have two questions;
    I noticed the post is from back in 2009. Would you consider updating the article if anything is new or changed since then? Especially with all the changes to MD handgun laws in general, for MD since October 2013. Thanks so much.
    Also, I live in MD and just applied for my C& R. Would you clarify the following sentence in the article for me? :0)

"There are no rewards in buying a C&R handgun or C&R "assault rifle" in the state of Maryland. You must follow all state laws and record the acquisition in your bound book even though you could not use your license to purchase the said firearm"
    Thanks again. :0)

Take a look at the Introduction Section of ATF Pub 5300.11 (the Firearms Curio & Relic List). The last line of the 2nd paragraph states: "The sole purpose of the collector's license is to enable a firearms collector to obtain curio or relic firearms from outside his or her State of residence." Does that explain the "no rewards" wording?

Jason21237

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2011
    Delta,PA
    I just filled out and printed the forms today. I have on question though. At the top of the forms shows a Georgia address and at the bottom shows West Virginia. Which place do I mail the forms to? It doesn't specify in the instructions.

Chiteshew

Mar 2, 2014
    Parkville
    The people that have sent it to west Virginia seem to be waiting longer because it goes to Georgia anyways...Georgia!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

chetjp

Mar 22, 2014
    AA county
    I sent my C&R renewal on 2/9. The check was cashed 2/19. I called today and was told there are no problems with the renewal (application errors or payment). It is being processed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom