• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    The reply I got from MD State Police:
    "Blank pistols are considered regulated firearms and would require a Handgun Qualification License (HQL) unless exempt (active/retired law enforcement, military, FFL if a manufacturer) and registration using the Maryland State Police Portal."

So one has to go through the same process as when purchasing a real gun. Maryland is a special place.

Didn't believe us.....:innocent0

Yes it is a stupid law as with most gun laws in this God forsaken state.

Gizmo98

Free At Last!!
    Nov 4, 2015
    Central PA
    The reply I got from MD State Police:
    "Blank pistols are considered regulated firearms and would require a Handgun Qualification License (HQL) unless exempt (active/retired law enforcement, military, FFL if a manufacturer) and registration using the Maryland State Police Portal."

So one has to go through the same process as when purchasing a real gun. Maryland is a special place.

Which blank guns are on the roster?

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    I was being sarcastic. Are blank guns really on the roster? I can't believe even MD is that stoopid.

I don't know, but logic (not that that has anything to do with MD gun laws) would suggest that if they're considered a firearm then they would be.

Greisnir

Apr 22, 2015
    And now I have the answer to that. Devices resembling handguns that are designed to fire blank ammunition must be on the rooster in order to be legally purchased in the state of Maryland.
    I am soo looking forward to when the kids are done with high school and we move down south. I had enough of stupid lawmakers in my home country but obviously stupid lawmakers haven't had enough of messing around with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom