• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Strange that you have the same problem with both Glocks and 1911s. As they have different grip angles.

The Shield, 1911 and Glocks Gen 1, 2 and 3 don't point naturally for me. Grip angle or something. I don't analyze it, I just move on.

Crazy that people have these grip angle problems taking shots from 7 yards away.

7 yards is fine. I gear everything to use in IDPA.

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    I have both an XDS 3.3" .45acp and a Shield .45acp.... I shoot both pretty well but prefer the shield over the xds... Personal preference is the grip and the way the weapon fits my hand.

I have over 5K rounds thru the xds and 600 thru the shield. both have been flawless with various types of range ammo and personal defense rounds.

In my mind either is a winner!

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Crazy that people have these grip angle problems taking shots from 7 yards away.

I do find the Glock grip angle will point very high for me. So in a quick reaction, I would have to take time to push the muzzle down, or hit high.

I saw an article that claimed the difference in the 1911 and Glock grip angle is the difference between the a boxing type punch and a 2 knuckle martial punch.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Anyone have experience with the Sig P290 ? Likes Dislikes?

I enjoyed shooting a friends P290. It's DAO, well built, fairly comfortable in the hand and seemed to be accurate. It's also a Sig, so you are paying for quality...and for the name. If you're a Sig fan, I can't think of much to say against the P290. But if you don't have your heart set on a Sig, there're lots of alternatives out there.
    My question is: Why are you interested in the P290?

Anyone have experience with the Sig P290 ? Likes Dislikes?

If you're an experienced shooter with strong, small/medium hands it is a reliable pistol. Beware that the recoil is quite hefty due to the small size and weight.
    Personally, I feel the LC9 and M&P Shield are better pistols and less expensive- especially with the crazy sale + rebate currently going on for the Shield.

02psmwag

Mar 25, 2012
    Shady side
    There has been a lot of good insight from you guys. I agree it'll come down to personal preference. I need to put my hands on both at the same place. Should have rolled down to chantilly today and did some window shopping. The only problem with going down there today would be wanting to buy something "I don't need". I guess i would have to take the wife with me to keep me in line.

I enjoyed shooting a friends P290. It's DAO, well built, fairly comfortable in the hand and seemed to be accurate. It's also a Sig, so you are paying for quality...and for the name. If you're a Sig fan, I can't think of much to say against the P290. But if you don't have your heart set on a Sig, there're lots of alternatives out there.
    My question is: Why are you interested in the P290?

Thanks for all the input! I'm looking for a Sig because I own several and they seem to be what I gravitate towards. I have other firearms by other makes and they're nice too, buuuuuut I'm just a fan of Sig. I'm looking for a conceal carry option that is very small. I have Med hands I would say, but would like to stick with something 9 mm. I have tried/shot a lot of different options shield, 43, 42, P320, LCP, LCP2, etc. I could go 380 if I had to but really didn't want to. I actually did get to shoot a P290 since putting this post up and it was different than I thought it would be, very accurate and again Sig so you're paying for quality, but it was not the right choice for me unfortunately. I also found that the little flip or curve in the trigger was a bit interesting. I'm still indecisive as to what I will choose so i'll have to keep trying them. :)

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Thanks for all the input! I'm looking for a Sig because I own several and they seem to be what I gravitate towards. I have other firearms by other makes and they're nice too, buuuuuut I'm just a fan of Sig. I'm looking for a conceal carry option that is very small. I have Med hands I would say, but would like to stick with something 9 mm. I have tried/shot a lot of different options shield, 43, 42, P320, LCP, LCP2, etc. I could go 380 if I had to but really didn't want to. I actually did get to shoot a P290 since putting this post up and it was different than I thought it would be, very accurate and again Sig so you're paying for quality, but it was not the right choice for me unfortunately. I also found that the little flip or curve in the trigger was a bit interesting. I'm still indecisive as to what I will choose so i'll have to keep trying them. :)

With the 320 you change the grips (frame) so if the size is wrong you can go bigger or smaller (depending on which one you buy) for around 50 dollars and takes less than a minute

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" has your answer...

The answer to all questions in the universe... is... "42" :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom