• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engage Instructor

Industry Partner
    Oct 27, 2011
    ENGAGE BASIC PISTOL

The Engage Basic Pistol will be held on Oct. 14, 2012 for those who are looking for a good start to building the framework for more advanced pistol manipulation. The course starts with the basic fundamentals of pistol marksmanship then goes into beginner defensive marksmanship basics that can be applied to yourself defense plan. If you have never shot a suppressed handgun before then we will also provide the opportunity to do so. We use our own range so it gives us the ability to more than any range in the area, with safety in mind of course! You will be given a certificate at the end of the course that is honored by many different companies and law enforcement organizations for basic qualifications for handgun related permits, also for our Combat Handgun Course. We have about 4 hours total of classroom time with give or take 3 hours of high quality range time!

The price of the course is $200.00 per person with special couple pricing and it includes:

-Gun Rental
    -100 Rounds of Ammunition
    -Eye/ Ear Protection
    -Range Fees
    -Company Fees
    -Food (Coffee, Doughnuts, Soda, Water, Bad A$$ lunch)
    -Good, Safe, Fun!!

Payment for the will be done in two parts there will be an up front non refundable deposit of $100 due 24 hours before the course date (call if there are any problems). Of course the rest of the payment is due at the beginning of the course. The payment methods are Credit Card, Cash or check made out to Engage Armament. All of our course's start at 09:00 AM unless otherwise posted.

The course dates are subject to change and I will give ample time to any changes being made. If there are any questions about anything feel free to give me a buzz! Thank you for your time and consideration.

Your Future Firearms Instructor,
    Andrew James Wynne
    Engage Armament Firearms Instructor

General Information and FAQ:
    - WE SHOOT RAIN OR SHINE, SO UNLESS THERE IS A NATURAL DISASTER, WE ARE TRAINING!!!!!The range has a lean to for cover for those who will not operate in the rain.
    - A deposit of half of the course entry fee is now due one week prior to the date of the course or otherwise posted. This portion of the funds is non-refundable and can be used for other courses.
    - If you have any injuries or disabilities, please let me know. This does not bar you from taking my course’s because I will help you as best as I can!
    - We will be holding courses at least twice monthly depending on work load, personal, and business considerations.
    - Dates are subject to change! You will be notified the second something changes
    - You may bring your own firearms, equipment, and ammunition but it will NOT change the course price.
    - Lunch is provided at all courses’ to include Sandwiches, Chips, Soda, Water, Cookies, Fruit, and Coffee.
    - If you do not have any of the required equipment, some maybe provided for a cost depending on availability
    - I REQUIRE YOUR FULL NAME AND CONTACT INFORMATION TO SIGN UP. This is for a preliminary background check so that I am sure I am not training a prohibited person or illegal alien.

Our range is good enough to start the skunk works for our new course selection, so look out in the future for course such as:

Engage Combat Carbine
    Engage Home Defense Shotgun
    Engage Concealed Carry Citizen

Engage Instructor

Industry Partner
    Oct 27, 2011
    If you are interested in taking this course, just simply PM me the following:

Full Name:
    Email:
    Phone:
    Date of Birth:
    Are you bringing a Pistol?
    If yes, what type of ammo do you need?

Once I have all of that information I will secure your spot on my roster for the course! I hope to train with you in the future! You have a semper fantastical day!

BeRight

Jul 19, 2012
    In your FAQs you state that if one does not have the required equipment it can be rented if available- yet in the course description you said that guns ammo ear/eye protection is provided.

What is the other required equipment???

Engage Instructor

Industry Partner
    Oct 27, 2011
    In your FAQs you state that if one does not have the required equipment it can be rented if available- yet in the course description you said that guns ammo ear/eye protection is provided.

What is the other required equipment???

This is general information that encompasses all of my courses. You do not have to bring anything other than yourself to the basic course. I am sorry for the confusion....we will get through this...we will rebuild:party29:

Tyeraxus

Ultimate Member
    May 15, 2012
    East Tennessee
    Mmm... Any spots left? Where is the course, what firearms are available to rent/provided, and what is the couple pricing?

I don't even know if I'd be able to attend, but I'm very interested. When's the cutoff?

Engage Instructor

Industry Partner
    Oct 27, 2011
    Of course there are spots left! The course is in Thurmont, MD at our private range. There are an assortment of glocks, sigs, berettas, and walthers for your shooting peasure. We have a bunch of guns that I cant think of at the moment but they are all personally owned by either ted or myself that you are more than welcome to use. Couple pricing is going to be at $375.00! If you have any other questions please feel free to ask!

Mmm... Any spots left? Where is the course, what firearms are available to rent/provided, and what is the couple pricing?

I don't even know if I'd be able to attend, but I'm very interested. When's the cutoff?

Engage Instructor

Industry Partner
    Oct 27, 2011
    There is a spot left! If you are interested in signing up for the course then I need the following information from you (you can send it through PM):

Full Name:
    Phone:
    Email:
    Date of Birth:
    Do you need a Pistol?
    If no then what ammo do you need?

Once I have all of that information I will put you down for a spot in the course and will be awaiting your payment. Payment is due by this Saturday so let me know if you still want to go! Thank you for your time and consideration!

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    I attended this class today. Very much recommended. AJ and Buddy give a very informative classroom presentation, and a very helpful range session. The refreshments are great. If you own a pistol yourself, I recommend you bring it to better learn to shoot it. If you don't, they have plenty of pistols to choose from.

I intend to attend more Engage classes, schedule permitting.

Jul 6, 2012
    MoCo, MD
    I attended this class today. Very much recommended. AJ and Buddy give a very informative classroom presentation, and a very helpful range session. The refreshments are great. If you own a pistol yourself, I recommend you bring it to better learn to shoot it. If you don't, they have plenty of pistols to choose from.

+1 :thumbsup:

It was a lot of fun! It was awesome seeing my shots start to group in one afternoon. I also liked how AJ showed rather than told. Now I know how to practice at the range! Once I feel like I won't be wasting space in his class I'll definitely be taking the Combat Pistol Course.

C45P312

Jan 17, 2012
    Virginia

+1 :thumbsup:

It was a lot of fun! It was awesome seeing my shots start to group in one afternoon. I also liked how AJ showed rather than told. Now I know how to practice at the range! Once I feel like I won't be wasting space in his class I'll definitely be taking the Combat Pistol Course.
    Can you guys post up your take aways from the course? What were some light bulb moments for you? what types of drills did you guys use? Any night shooting? Round count accurate?

I'm thinking about signing up for the Combat pistol course. Is there a thread for it already?!

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    Not sure when the next Combat Handgun course is scheduled. They just ran it a week ago.

We shot 100 rounds each, IIRC.

My takeaway was that everything has to come together in the right amounts to be accurate--stance, grip, trigger control and reset, aim, breathing. If you forget one thing, your shooting will deteriorate. Drills were mostly shooting at paper, various different targets from vertical and horizontal stripes, to bullseyes, to progressively smaller circles in a row. These were at very short range, maybe 10 ft or less. Also got to shoot a metal target at 25 yd.

Nothing we did really required speed, so I can't say anything about that. Maybe that's something that's included in Combat Handgun.

Engage Instructor

Industry Partner
    Oct 27, 2011
    We are having our combat handgun course in two weeks if you are interested just check out the most recent thread titled Engage Combat Handgun Oct. 28.

C45P312

Jan 17, 2012
    Virginia
    Not sure when the next Combat Handgun course is scheduled. They just ran it a week ago.

We shot 100 rounds each, IIRC.

My takeaway was that everything has to come together in the right amounts to be accurate--stance, grip, trigger control and reset, aim, breathing. If you forget one thing, your shooting will deteriorate. Drills were mostly shooting at paper, various different targets from vertical and horizontal stripes, to bullseyes, to progressively smaller circles in a row. These were at very short range, maybe 10 ft or less. Also got to shoot a metal target at 25 yd.

Nothing we did really required speed, so I can't say anything about that. Maybe that's something that's included in Combat Handgun.
    Thanks for the insight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom