• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    Bigfoot21075

:needpics:

Odd, I can't get to my best ones for some reason, here are a few, one is me putting the front disc conversion on. It now has the original hub caps all around on new wheels and tires. I will snap some more for fun

IMG_0621.jpg

IMG_0684.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    Looks good!!! Like the way you took the time to change the wheels and tires between the 1st two pictures.. :D

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Two places to talk to in Mount Airy are York Automotive and Total Performance. Ed and Teddy York build race cars and always work on them for other people. Total Performance advertises itself on Mustang forums for the type of tuning work you want done.
    I raced with Ed York under the York Automotive banner driving late model Mustangs in National SCCA competition. One of the truly great guys around. Has done a number of engine swaps including Chevy 350 into Jaguars.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Sweet!!! Will give them a try. There is a place in Mt Airy that does radiator welding and repair. I have an overflow tank I need cut and re-welded to fit a 351W manifold. Hoping they can do it for me.

Unfortunately with the wife being sick I have had to put this build on hold for a year or two. Hoping this spring I can get a lot of it done.

Dave
    Courtney's Radiator Service in Mt. Airy. He built several race radiators for my earlier Mazda racecars.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I am partial to the '68 Camaro model year. Like the look and not big on the simulated vents of a '69 or the 1/4 window on the '67.

Hoping to one day get a '68 RS/SS to go with my '66 Mustang Convertible

Dave
    My classic car ownership has included Shelby GT-350 racecars, Boss 429 Mustangs, a factory supercharged 1957 Ford Fairlane, and 3 different 65-66 Sunbeam Tigers. Almost bought 2 289 Cobras at different times, one street and one race. Went thru Navy bootcamp in San Diego with the son of the owner of the Shelby dealer in Garden Grove, CA. After BC we "borrowed" small block Cobras or Shelby Mustangs a few times to take on dates (this was 1966). One of the cars I wanted and never got was a vintage 427 Ford Galaxie, especially a 63-1/2 fastback with a hi-riser 427. And like most later on I really wanted to build a Cobra 427 replica, especially one with a true Ford 427 side-oiler big block. One of my friends built a small block Cobra replica and after watching that process it got the desire out of my system. Not to mention a few horror stories from some who built correct big block replicas.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I raced with Ed York under the York Automotive banner driving late model Mustangs in National SCCA competition. One of the truly great guys around. Has done a number of engine swaps including Chevy 350 into Jaguars.
    He also put one in a 3 series BMW that was quite the ride.

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    Looks good!!! Like the way you took the time to change the wheels and tires between the 1st two pictures.. :D

Yes, that was part of the brake conversion as I mentioned above. When I got it the hub caps were in the trunk and it had some hideous aluminium fan jet wanna be wheel that required spacers to even use. It was a SAD sight....
    You can slo see the dreaded garage support pole right in the center of the room - the bane of my existance, of course it does hold the house up so I figured I was stuck with it.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    Yes, that was part of the brake conversion as I mentioned above. When I got it the hub caps were in the trunk and it had some hideous aluminium fan jet wanna be wheel that required spacers to even use. It was a SAD sight....
    You can slo see the dreaded garage support pole right in the center of the room - the bane of my existance, of course it does hold the house up so I figured I was stuck with it.

But at least you have a garage :)

Since it has all the other SS trim I would definitely run the SS wheel covers.

Does it also have the SS console?

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Odd, I can't get to my best ones for some reason, here are a few, one is me putting the front disc conversion on. It now has the original hub caps all around on new wheels and tires. I will snap some more for fun

IMG_0621.jpg

IMG_0684.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

What a coincidence that it appears to be the same color at the one I posted.

For the record. I like yours better!

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    But at least you have a garage :)

Since it has all the other SS trim I would definitely run the SS wheel covers.

Does it also have the SS console?

I do have the SS hub caps on it now. I always have liked the spinner look hub cap of 1964. Yes, it has the SS console, BUT the console is out of a 1963. It took me a while to figure out why it just looked different then what I remembered from my first Impala (a real SS with a 327). At first I thought it was the Hurst shifter, but after researching it the shifter was correct, it was the console. I thought about buying a correct one from Ecklers or Impala Bob's but they are 500 bucks! I thought I would wait and make that the last thing. I will snap a pic of it tomorrow, it is a subtle difference but it is different.

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    Hi Everyone!

I just got back from Coleman Brothers Speedshop/Autofab. The people there were great, they actually had a '63 Biscayne in there before. They do all kinds of work from ground up resto to all out race car. I am confident this car will be a walk in the park for them. I let them know I want them to get it running and be reliable as well as install a few things I got and have not done yet (the IDIDIT Tilt wheel and the new e-brake cage).

They can fit it in in about two weeks, so I will have it flat bed towed for those 3 miles from my house. Other than the free oil changes I now get on my F350 from Apple Ford and misc warranty work, this is the FIRST time I am ever letting ANYONE do any work to anything I own, let alone a hobby car, so I am a tad nervous about the whole thing. I inherited this madness from my dad.

I will keep you posted - THANKS for the advice everyone! GREAT community!

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    Hi Everyone!

I just got back from Coleman Brothers Speedshop/Autofab. The people there were great, they actually had a '63 Biscayne in there before. They do all kinds of work from ground up resto to all out race car. I am confident this car will be a walk in the park for them. I let them know I want them to get it running and be reliable as well as install a few things I got and have not done yet (the IDIDIT Tilt wheel and the new e-brake cage).

They can fit it in in about two weeks, so I will have it flat bed towed for those 3 miles from my house. Other than the free oil changes I now get on my F350 from Apple Ford and misc warranty work, this is the FIRST time I am ever letting ANYONE do any work to anything I own, let alone a hobby car, so I am a tad nervous about the whole thing. I inherited this madness from my dad.

I will keep you posted - THANKS for the advice everyone! GREAT community!

Hopefully they can get it completed in a timely manner....look forward to seeing it at some cruise nights in the area.....Coleman brothers did the heads for the small block I put together for my '55.....of course that was 40 years ago.....but it's a plus there name has survived all these years.....

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    Courtney's Radiator Service in Mt. Airy. He built several race radiators for my earlier Mazda racecars.

Your going to be hard pressed to get Courtney to put a radiator in anything. He closed his doors 2 years ago!!! Sorry. The only other radiator shop I know of is Loopers in Rockville on Stonestreet Ave.

Coleman Bros. are a loooong established shop and are stand up guys! Good people.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    In general, the work the OP needs can be done by most mechanics of a certain age. Ask around for independent garages owned by guys over 50 .

I'd recomend my people ( owner is of a certain age, and his young daughter has inhereted his genes, and is an old school hot rod wrench in her own right), but probably too far for you.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    I have a '66 Mustang Convertible I need to work on and I am building a '65 AC Cobra. Need help with that one. Thanks for the info.

Small world, I'm working on my 66 mustang convertible also... owned it since high school in 74 but it had gotten so bad it's been off the road for 10 years or more. Thought it was too rusted to repair but thankfully I was wrong, although little original metal left on it. Finally working on putting it back together instead of tearing it apart.

psucobra96

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2011
    Damascus motors can help you out, auto body shop on premises, plus the mechanical. Owner is a good friend of mine. They can source and find parts anywhere and have a nice collection on display most of the time. If interested send me a pm if you have questions. They have a massive car show in June as well, worth checking out if you are a car guy, but it needs more Fords (I'm a mustang guy).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom