• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    that I did not own a classic Buck 110. What I had was an Uncle Henry copy from maybe 45 years ago that I never carried cause I hated the sheath for it. was always throwing it in my pack or whatever but never an EDC for me.

went on a spree and now have 3 versions of the 110 and like them all. my favorite by far has turned out to be a full size bone handled 110 with a pocket clip... really thought it would be too heavy for edc, but I don't even know its there.

buck is making me a bone handled 112 to go with my 110's... waiting to see if I like the slightly smaller size as well as the 110.

lot of folks like the tacticool stuff, I do sometimes also, but I also like a nod to the past sometimes.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I prefer the 110 lightweight myself. Almost always have one with me. Used to carry the classic 110 and when I switched to the lightweight version, it took a while before I got used to the weight difference, constantly caught myself checking to be sure I had not lost it.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    I prefer the 110 lightweight myself. Almost always have one with me. Used to carry the classic 110 and when I switched to the lightweight version, it took a while before I got used to the weight difference, constantly caught myself checking to be sure I had not lost it.

yeah a 110 lightweight was one of the 3 versions I picked up. like it a lot except the pocket clip is just a tad short. but blade is tight and centered... I have carried it many days and don't know its there.

I really wanted the 110 auto version but don't figure I want to go to jail over it.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    yeah a 110 lightweight was one of the 3 versions I picked up. like it a lot except the pocket clip is just a tad short. but blade is tight and centered... I have carried it many days and don't know its there.

I really wanted the 110 auto version but don't figure I want to go to jail over it.

They have a pocket clip on those now? Mine must be ready for historic status!

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    The 110 is such a nice knife. The tip of the clip point can be a bit fragile but nothing a sharpening rod can’t fix.

I love my bucks but I’ll admit getting that 420HC to a razor edge is more work than just a diamond sharpener can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    If you’re looking to burn money, the Buck site will let you customize your own, from nickel caps, thumb studs, or ebony wood on the handle.

yeah I'm a sucker, they already hooked me... custom 112 coming tomorrow...lol.

btw I had a couple knives I just could not get sharp with my lansky... I got a worksharp ken onion sharpener and so far I am very happy with it... it has sharpened everything I have tried on it.

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    yeah I'm a sucker, they already hooked me... custom 112 coming tomorrow...lol.

btw I had a couple knives I just could not get sharp with my lansky... I got a worksharp ken onion sharpener and so far I am very happy with it... it has sharpened everything I have tried on it.

Oh nice I’ll have to check that out. Yeah a thumb studded 110 is on my shortlist for my “bday gift for myself”. Yeah my Smith’s diamond sharpener gets my EDC bantam sharp enough to work but nothing impressive. I’d use a water stone but I always manage to do more damage than sharpening that way.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Buck's making automatic 110's now too.

Attachments

• 20180902_154507.jpg
      20180902_154507.jpg
      49.4 KB · Views: 311

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    There were some really nice conversions available several years ago. There used to be a guy that did the MD gun show circuit that had them as well as other autos.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I have my original 110 that I bought from Montgomery Ward back in 1977. It's in a draw and deserves that spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom