How long is the wait to get the C&R license now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    For what it’s worth I just had my address changed on my C&R, new one came back is 2.5 weeks so someone is still working. That said, I’ve been waiting seven weeks on some form 5320.20s for address changes on some NFA items...so some aspects of ATF may be seeing delays.

Walt1879

Feb 1, 2020
    Brooklyn park
    C&r???

They took my money on 2-25-20 what could be the hold up on mine looks like ppl are getting theirs in 3 weeks. Btw this is the first time I'm getting one does it normally take longer seems like renewals are 3 weeks.

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    I want to sell a bunch of my C&R stuff on the board here, but recently moved WITHIN the state of PA.
    Anyone know if I can still SELL to another FFL03 in MD or do I need to wait until the address change is processed?

I havent found any language regarding SOMEONE BUYING FROM ME only ME NOT BEING ABLE TO BUY and and having things shipped when the C&R address doesnt match the shipping address.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    I want to sell a bunch of my C&R stuff on the board here, but recently moved WITHIN the state of PA.
    Anyone know if I can still SELL to another FFL03 in MD or do I need to wait until the address change is processed?

I havent found any language regarding SOMEONE BUYING FROM ME only ME NOT BEING ABLE TO BUY and and having things shipped when the C&R address doesnt match the shipping address.

I believe you could sell to an out of state ffl without an ffl anyway so i don't know why it would be a problem for selling

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    I believe you could sell to an out of state ffl without an ffl anyway so i don't know why it would be a problem for selling

Well I'm trying to cover all the bases and possibilities. Im a newly escaped former MD citizen, and I had lived in MD for so long I'm STILL paranoid about selling almost anything. :-/

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo

If the buyer has an FFL03, you can ship to them or they can come pick up. You can record their FFL# in your logbook and they can enter your name and home address as for the buyer being an FFL03, it does not matter if you are C&R or now.
    I believe (check the ATF website on C&RFFL03) but you can sell to someone from another state who does NOT have an FFL03, but they have to travel to your home. In both cases, you have to enter into the log book. This case, is best (IMO) done AFTER the ATF has your new address.

double check everything I have said.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    If the buyer has an FFL03, you can ship to them or they can come pick up. You can record their FFL# in your logbook and they can enter your name and home address as for the buyer being an FFL03, it does not matter if you are C&R or now.
    I believe (check the ATF website on C&RFFL03) but you can sell to someone from another state who does NOT have an FFL03, but they have to travel to your home. In both cases, you have to enter into the log book. This case, is best (IMO) done AFTER the ATF has your new address.

double check everything I have said.

You can't buy anything with your C&R with the wrong address, as the law stipulates that firearms must be sent to the address on the license. But the license number will not change with a new address, so I don't see a problem with selling an item.

The receiving C&R licensee merely needs to record your license number in his bound book; for that matter, as long as you accept his license information, you can just send a copy of your driver's license. It's not like you're invisible in the system, if you need to be found for some reason.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I need to reapply since I forgot to send in my renewal form they sent me and my license expired last month. The form is a lot more in depth than it was when I had originally gotten mine. I wonder what would happen if I went ahead and filled out the renewal form and sent it in.

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    I need to reapply since I forgot to send in my renewal form they sent me and my license expired last month. The form is a lot more in depth than it was when I had originally gotten mine. I wonder what would happen if I went ahead and filled out the renewal form and sent it in.

I did the exact same thing. Forgot about my renewal and had to send for a new license.

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD

I let mine expire a few years ago, now I want to apply for a new license. The paperwork has definitely changed, and I can’t really find a good template of how to fill out the new paperwork online.
    I just want to make sure I have everything correct.
    Anyone know of a up to date template, and instructions, of how to submit?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

I did the exact same thing. Forgot about my renewal and had to send for a new license.

Once your C&R lapses, you no longer have to keep your bound book.

On re-application you will receive a whole new license number, and you can start over.

There's something satisfying in removing documentation. Frankly, the government's need to know does not necessarily trump citizens' need for privacy, especially as concerns 2A articles.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Regarding turnaround time, on my third renewal of my original C&R, it took them nearly 6 months to send my renewal. I questioned them about it, and was sent a Letter of Authorisation (LOA) which served effectively as a license for 6 months until they finally got around to sending me the renewal. They indicated that if I still didn't get my renewal approved by the time the LOA expired, they'd send a fresh LOA.

No idea why the delay, but they presumably trusted me enough to continue my license privilege while they sorted themselves out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom