Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    As I have stated before.

Serial number 1

then Serial Number 1

Then Serial Number 1

They don't say they have to be unique. :D

ATF does say that manufacturers/importers cannot repeat serial numbers.

I bet they are going to copy California and say that the state will be issuing you the serial number.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I bet they are going to copy California and say that the state will be issuing you the serial number.
    That is also what I think is gonna happen. I would further suspect it will be linked to your HQL so they have an easy way to cross-reference, and prevent people from building out guns without getting the license first.

Depending on how the bill is worded, it might be more sensible to self-serialize so as to avoid hassles with whatever system comes into place.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    One bill has already been dropped in the Senate, but nothing on 80s, just "3D printing" (unless you use a CNC mill for your 80, in which case, you are banned):

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2019RS/bills/sb/sb0008f.pdf

You can keep up on what is filed ( http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frm1st.aspx?tab=home ) link in the middle section....

Forget the 2nd Amendment, this is a blatant violation of the 1st Amendment. Hammer it on those grounds and it is the same basis the Seattle ban is being challenged.

Matt

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    Our position should be very focused and clear: To the various occupants of seats in Annapolis: The battle line is not between Democrats and Republicans. It is between law abiding citizens and criminals. Put consideration of additional restrictions on the freedoms of law abiding citizens on hold. Instead, craft legislation and enforcement mechanism that will address the actions/behavior of criminals that engage in the wide variety of violent crimes against law abiding citizens. Establish criteria for assessing effectiveness. Your job is to take action to provide for the safety of Maryland's law abiding citizens. DO YOUR JOB.

I agree 100%. I also think we need 3 things right now. 1) I would register as a Democrat and voting in the primaries when they come around again. Even though many Democrats are anti-gun, the incumbents some just squeak into the general election. When they lose the primary tell them it was their gun control policy why you didn't vote for them. 2) Support legal action against these laws. It might take awhile but we must be in for the long game. 3) Take your kids, nephews, nieces, grandkids shooting. It doesn't matter if they turn into hunters. Make a day of it, McDonalds for lunch and ice cream or other snack after. Bring the .22, set metal spinners, they'll love it and at the same time learn that shooting is fun and not the boogy man the ledt wants them to think it is.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    https://dailycaller.com/2018/12/26/liberals-hate-trump/

It is not a contest between the Democrat and Republican ideologies driving the inanity emanating from Washington, D.C., but a battle between the entrenched power of the bipartisan political establishment versus the freedom and well-being of the American people.
    It is a conflict between those who want to adhere to the Constitution and the rule of law and “they,” who wish to continue the practices of political expediency, crony capitalism and a two-tiered system of justice.
    It is a choice between a government of the people, by the people and for the people or “elective despotism” when lies, corruption and tyranny are embraced by the political-media establishment.
    The election of Donald Trump was not the consequence of colluding Russians tapping on keyboards in darkened basements, but one of hope based on a single proposition, the possibility of honest, representative and effective government.
    Three years before the start of the American Civil War, Abraham Lincoln said a government cannot endure permanently half slave and half free — that a house divided against itself cannot stand.
    Likewise, a government separated from the people cannot stand.
    And “they” need to understand that.
    Lawrence Sellin, Ph.D., is a retired U.S. Army Reserve colonel,

government longstanding interest in public safety, To Wit We The People and those on here must defend the view the government does not protect us with government safety. That line must be defeated.

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    Forget the 2nd Amendment, this is a blatant violation of the 1st Amendment. Hammer it on those grounds and it is the same basis the Seattle ban is being challenged.

Matt

"In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary, come again?"

I know 7-302 includes a reference to "Organic," but I think that is a logical extreme among logical extremes...

Desert84eagle

Nov 22, 2011
    MontCo
    I've heard this before but it does not address the problem that passage of these kinds of laws, de facto, creates criminals of those who don't comply.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom