• ...and so much more!
  • Maryland DINO movement

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

sonoramic

Charlie dont surf.
    Dec 16, 2011
    Millersville
    DINO here.... have been since the primary's of 2014. Held my nose and voted for Gansler to "mix it up"...... but we see how that played out.

Here are the folks in my district for congress, looking to take Edwards seat, which is who I guess I'll vote for in the primary to put the kibosh on "Van-Stalin". As for who to vote for below..... I still need to research. Def not our former Lt. Gov, he's off the list for sure. Is there any polling available for any of these candidates? This would be handy for all who want to "create chaos" or to see who has the most "favorability". This info may help our cause. SO far, I'm leaning toward Warren Christopher..... all the others just seem to difficult to cast a ballot for.

District 4 - [ Donna Edwards (D)* - Candidate for US Senate in 2016. ]
    Anthony Brown (D) - Ex-Lt. Governor, Ex-House Majority Whip, Attorney, Iraq War Veteran & '14 Gov. Nominee
    Warren Christopher (D) - Retired Army Officer, Iraq/Afghan War Veteran & '14 Candidate
    Glenn Ivey (D) - Ex-Prince George's County State's Attorney & '12 Candidate
    Joseline Peña-Melnyk (D) - State Del., Ex-College Park City Councilwoman & Attorney
    Terence Strait (D) - Federal Employee, Psychologist & Progressive Activist

mrgnstrn

Mar 18, 2014
    It seems to me that each district needs a tailored strategy.

Because it seems to me that there are some truisms about your typical Maryland Democratic voter:
    1. They will vote for whoever the Dem. party candidate is...unless...
    2. ...the Dem party candidate is a complete turd.

And if this is the case, then here are the ways to use that to our intended outcome.

So it seems like for those districts where there is a moderately Pro-2A Dem. candidate, get the DINOs out during the primary to knock off the anti-2A Dems. Then that Dem party candidate will likely win in the fall general election. (playbook #1 above)

For those districts where there IS NO moderately Pro-2A candidate, get DINOs to vote in the biggest turd during the primary, who will be easily knocked off by a decent Rep. party candidate (assuming that person is pro-2A). (playbook #2 above)

So the proof in this pudding is whether the DINOs can unify to at least have an abnormal swing for their unified candidate to upset the status quo.

who is our resident political operative to make the necessary calculations of playbook play 1 vs 2 for each district? I don't know shit from Cheyenne.

-M

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    DINO here.... have been since the primary's of 2014. Held my nose and voted for Gansler to "mix it up"...... but we see how that played out.

Here are the folks in my district for congress, looking to take Edwards seat, which is who I guess I'll vote for in the primary to put the kibosh on "Van-Stalin". As for who to vote for below..... I still need to research. Def not our former Lt. Gov, he's off the list for sure. Is there any polling available for any of these candidates? This would be handy for all who want to "create chaos" or to see who has the most "favorability". This info may help our cause. SO far, I'm leaning toward Warren Christopher..... all the others just seem to difficult to cast a ballot for.

District 4 - [ Donna Edwards (D)* - Candidate for US Senate in 2016. ]
    Anthony Brown (D) - Ex-Lt. Governor, Ex-House Majority Whip, Attorney, Iraq War Veteran & '14 Gov. Nominee
    Warren Christopher (D) - Retired Army Officer, Iraq/Afghan War Veteran & '14 Candidate
    Glenn Ivey (D) - Ex-Prince George's County State's Attorney & '12 Candidate
    Joseline Peña-Melnyk (D) - State Del., Ex-College Park City Councilwoman & Attorney
    Terence Strait (D) - Federal Employee, Psychologist & Progressive Activist

Thank you for posting your thoughts, this is the kind of thing folks need most.

Also, if you reach out to Josefine Pena-Melnyk and let her know you voted for her, and later on happen to mention that you are a gun owner, and appreciate that she votes with her conscious, and doesn't cave under pressure to the 'establishment' Democrats; she could become an alley.

It seems to me that each district needs a tailored strategy.

Because it seems to me that there are some truisms about your typical Maryland Democratic voter:
    1. They will vote for whoever the Dem. party candidate is...unless...
    2. ...the Dem party candidate is a complete turd.

And if this is the case, then here are the ways to use that to our intended outcome.

So it seems like for those districts where there is a moderately Pro-2A Dem. candidate, get the DINOs out during the primary to knock off the anti-2A Dems. Then that Dem party candidate will likely win in the fall general election. (playbook #1 above)

For those districts where there IS NO moderately Pro-2A candidate, get DINOs to vote in the biggest turd during the primary, who will be easily knocked off by a decent Rep. party candidate (assuming that person is pro-2A). (playbook #2 above)

So the proof in this pudding is whether the DINOs can unify to at least have an abnormal swing for their unified candidate to upset the status quo.

who is our resident political operative to make the necessary calculations of playbook play 1 vs 2 for each district? I don't know shit from Cheyenne.

-M

That's an interesting strategy, I'll have to mull on it. This thread and the entire focus of the DINO movement is for the 2018 election. I don't suspect we'll have much if any success this election, but its a good rehearsal.

I recommend each of us look at our voting districts and recommend who they think would be the best 'alternative' to the incumbent or establishment Democrat in their district to support (in the Primary only).

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Here's an excellent, brief summary of HB 1002 from MDPetitions (thank you!):

HB 1002 (Weapon-Free Higher Education Zones): is another gun bill we’re watching. This bill would make all public institutions of higher learning “weapon-free zones.” Although this, too, sounds like a good idea at first, as we know, those intent on going on illegal shooting rampages on college campuses rarely pay attention to applicable gun laws or weapon-free zones. Therefore, this effectively means that no law-abiding citizen will have a weapon on a college campus.

This bill passed in the House – you may go see the voting list here – and is currently in the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee.

Look who in the House voted for HB 1002 (all of these people don't get it):

Voting Yea - 81
    Speaker Busch Ebersole Howard, C. McIntosh Sanchez
    Anderson Fennell Jackson Miller, A. Smith
    Atterbeary Fraser-Hidalgo Jalisi Moon Stein
    Barkley Frick Jameson Morales Sydnor
    Barnes, B. Frush Jones Morhaim Tarlau
    Barnes, D. Gaines Kaiser Oaks Turner
    Barron Gilchrist Kelly Patterson Valderrama
    Barve Glenn Knotts Pena-Melnyk Valentino-Smith
    Beidle Hammen Korman Pendergrass Vallario
    Brooks Hayes Kramer Platt Vaughn
    Carr Haynes Krimm Queen Waldstreicher
    Chang Healey Lafferty Reznik Walker
    Clippinger Hettleman Lam Robinson, B. Washington, A.
    Conaway Hill Lierman Robinson, S. Washington, M.
    Cullison Hixson Luedtke Rosenberg Young, K.
    Davis Holmes McCray Sample-Hughes Young, P.
    Dumais

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/f...b=subject3&id=hb1002,h-0383&stab=02&ys=2016RS

Jasen

Molon Labe
    Jul 30, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    Third Party

I am the Libertarian Candidate for Md's 8th diatrict. Please visit my facebook page... Jasen Wunder or feel free to ask me a question.

rrankin

Aug 22, 2014
    Howard County
    Consider this just a rehearsal, the focus of this thread is the one that will matter, 2018.

Thanks for the input, we got our mail in ballots in the mail recently, haven't filled them out yet. Generally we are NOT voting for anyone we know that supports anti-2A, and generally NOT voting for any incumbent. I don't have an opinion the circuit Court judges, the judge I went running with (literally jogging together at Sandy Point) a few times seemed very nice and level headed.

Going to go uncommitted for the Presidential, it's looking more and more that it will come down to Clinton and Trump.

---

Funny thing, I was called twice today and they even left a message asking me to be a judge at the election polls. I seriously considered it for about 2 minutes. Could you imagine, me representing the Dems as a poll judge; they would expect me to argue on their behalf. Although I know I would follow the rules to the letter, I might have an opportunity to use some 'judgement' and do not want to face any dilemma. I will not compromise my integrity, and having my morals clash with my integrity is a situation I do not want to be volunteering to be put in.

As an election judge you don't talk to the voters about anything political you just check in voters, and help them with any problem in casting there ballot, it makes for a long day but you do get a little $$ to spend on ammo at the range.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Thx rrankin! I decided not to do it.

Looks like a lot of people are leveraging DINO power to defeat Chris Van Hollen (CVH).
    From another thread about supporting Donna Edwards in the Dem primary election Then voting against her in the General election; excellent analysis!

Best part is if we do defeat CVH by supporting Donna Edwards, we can relish in that small achievement. As stated, she's the lesser of two evils.

I urge most of you to consider staying DINO, where we will make the biggest difference is in 2018: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=190211

I have received more feedback from my representatives by informing them I'm a registered Democrat (and they do verify it, believe me), than ever when I was registered as an Independent.

When I talk with people (coworkers, new friends) about gun rights, it REALLY opens their minds when they realized I'm a Registered Dem.

Lastly - Maryland is maybe the worst gerrymandered state in the union. I've walked the streets with a campaign, I know how the data is collected and used, it makes it difficult for politicians to marginalize my vote by gerrymandering.

Voting DINO is doing something! You get two chances to help make Maryland a better place. Most of us are best served (through the 2018 election), by registering and voting in the Democrat primary election for the lesser of two evils (generally the incumbent), and then vote for the best overall candidate in the General election (which often is the most conservative candidate).

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I decided to stay Dino. Got my ballot in the mail on Saturday. I'll vote early tomorrow evening.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I decided to stay Dino. Got my ballot in the mail on Saturday. I'll vote early tomorrow evening.

Same here.

I filled out my absentee ballot today; the biggest vote was FOR Donna Edwards.

Our focus should be soundly on 2018, this is just an appetizer.

Here's some of the drama between bad and worse: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/white-house-donna-edwards-senate-ad-221872

Bottom line, Donna Edwards will be an easier challenger to any conservative opposition in the General election. And she has many liberal, and democrat protractors.

Whereas, Chris Van Hollen is a total STOOGE for the party. Even Obummer has chimed in for him. (watch the video, read the article)

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    stooge

noun
    derogatory
    a person who serves merely to support or assist others, particularly in doing unpleasant work.
    "you fell for that helpless-female act and let her make you a stooge"
    synonyms: underling, minion, lackey, subordinate; More
    a performer whose act involves being the butt of a comedian's jokes.
    synonyms: butt, foil, straight man
    "a comedian's stooge"
    verb
    verb: stooge; 3rd person present: stooges; past tense: stooged; past participle: stooged; gerund or present participle: stooging
    move around aimlessly; drift or cruise.
    "she stooged around in the bathroom for a while"
    perform a role that involves being the butt of a comedian's jokes.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Just got a political survey phone call. Second question was what political party? I replied "DemocRAT".

Reply: Thank you for your time, hung up.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    You should get a follow-up call pretty quickly with democrat-centric questions. This happened to a colleague of mine yesterday.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    logoThreeStooges.png

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    My latest reason to be a DINO

Kathy Szeliga just said on live radio that everyone in GA laughed when a proposal to increase Democrat voter participation was entered. She protested "loudly", but you know that doesn't matter.

The stupid burns!

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    You should get a follow-up call pretty quickly with democrat-centric questions. This happened to a colleague of mine yesterday.

Yup got mine today. Confused the hell out of the guy when I told him how awful Donna Edwards was but would still vote for her in the primary.

Then he asked me what my leanings were and I said republican.

He asked me why I would vote for Donna Edwards and I said because Hollen has a better chance in the general election.

I never knew being a DINO could be so much fun!

light12pdr

MDS Supporter
    Nov 6, 2015
    Two Bites of the apple

as a DINO you get two bites of the apple... Voting for Donna Edwards gives us a chance to see Van Hollen defeated. Then in November we get to vote for who we really want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom