are government employees no longer equal to citizens?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    The success of a deterrent is defined by absence, much like the success of a vaccine. Is the gov not coming because government employees are angels? No: its precisely because it will take more than a few million rounds to "over take American citizens."

Which arms are ok to protect Supreme Court justices and politicians, but not ordinary citizens? Its only a thin line between protecting ones life and protecting ones power. I guess you are right, a South American style coup just cant happen here, right? Not with the orange fascist in charge, definitely! Orange fascist is :sarcasm: btw. Except on MSNBC.

You seriously need to lay off of the conspiracy theory sites.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    How do you get through life passing every cop on the road thinking they are coming for you.

Must be hard.

Seriously.

I'm glad everybody doesn't think we are. Most of the time we're just trying to get somewhere ourselves.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I see your point. Government is Good, ergo ban guns except for the Government.

In other news .Mil has enough firepower to erase all of us. Yet no frets when they order a few hundred Tomahawks or millions of .50 cal rounds.

How about a dozens of tanks?

Yup....

Again....it must be awful getting through your day.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    In other news .Mil has enough firepower to erase all of us. Yet no frets when they order a few hundred Tomahawks or millions of .50 cal rounds.

How about a dozens of tanks?

Yup....

Again....it must be awful getting through your day.

I totally see your point. 2nd Amendment is outdated when the govt has nukes. Lets just ignore it and let states ban whatever they want.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I totally see your point. 2nd Amendment is outdated when the govt has nukes. Lets just ignore it and let states ban whatever they want.

Yup. Lets go the way of England. The police and citizens shouldn't be armed.

That's a sound plan eh?

I'm sure your a joy to car pool with. Taking exits every time a police car gets behind you. Better safe than sorry.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    Yup. Lets go the way of England. The police and citizens shouldn't be armed.

That's a sound plan eh?

I'm sure your a joy to car pool with. Taking exits every time a police car gets behind you. Better safe than sorry.

Giving a child a measles vaccine does not make a parent paranoid. It's exceedingly unlikely an unvaccinated child will get measles due to herd immunity. Its a good preventative.

By your logic, carrying a firearm makes one paranoid. Do you feel paranoid you will get attacked? Thankfully, Maryland requires a Good and Substantial reason for that.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Giving a child a measles vaccine does not make a parent paranoid. It's exceedingly unlikely an unvaccinated child will get measles due to herd immunity. Its a good preventative.

By your logic, carrying a firearm makes one paranoid. Do you feel paranoid you will get attacked? Thankfully, Maryland requires a Good and Substantial reason for that.

Sounds like you have it settled.

All 400 of these police are going to be coming to take over America. With their "fully automatic ammo".

My lord. The internet is filled with it.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Not getting into this one but simply dropping an anecdote. I've met LE at NIH that receive training on different platforms (one can imagine there are serious national security concerns with certain level 3 and 4 agents that are used in research settings). They typically come from backgrounds with extensive LE experience (e.g. SWAT) and some are not surprisingly ex-military. The one that I chatted a bit more with was a real gun guy (firearms enthusiast, pro-2A, etc) and seriously sharp/smart.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011

You know what's actually funny? You're worried about the government having "fully automatic weapons" and coming to take your guns. Meanwhile my issued patrol rifle is select fire and I almost never bring it because it's easier to throw a shotgun in the vehicle and not have to carry a bunch of magazines. (I guess I'm just not paranoid enough.)

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Not getting into this one but simply dropping an anecdote. I've met some of these LE at NIH that receive training on different platforms (one can imagine there are serious security concerns with some level 3 and 4 agents that are used in research settings). They typically come from backgrounds with extensive LE experience (e.g. SWAT) and some are not surprisingly ex-military. The one that I chatted a bit more with was a real gun guy (firearms enthusiast, pro-2A, etc) and seriously sharp/smart.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Correct. I'm not under HHS but am Federal and have trained with various other agencies. The gun related water cooler conversations among us are often very similar to what one would find here minus all the "cop hate":lol2:.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Usually these things are blown out of proportion. The Dept of Education armed investigators are one example. Generally what they're working on are organized fraud rings who are screwing the taxpayer royally, signing shill people up for student loans who have no intention of going, then cashing in on the substantial refund checks the person gets back after the school takes out tuition. Usually tied in with gangs and often with illegals. But let the gun press get a hold of it and suddenly they're kicking in doors for late loan payments.

HHS has divisions like NIH, CDC, FDA, etc., with a lot of highly secure facilities. Where they keep, you know, plague and stuff, and do heavy duty defense research, it stands to reason they probably want FA guns on the guard force, just like the nuke plants do. Nothing nefarious here.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Can I ask a rational question.... why does EVERY federal agency need an armed law enforcement division. Why cant the IRS, DOE, NOAA, etc., etc. turn over their findings to a single federal enforcement agency. Same with security... GSA or whomever could be a single agency for security at all civilian agency facilities.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Can I ask a rational question....

Nope. Sorry.

u2tRNZc.jpg

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    Usually these things are blown out of proportion. The Dept of Education armed investigators are one example. Generally what they're working on are organized fraud rings who are screwing the taxpayer royally, signing shill people up for student loans who have no intention of going, then cashing in on the substantial refund checks the person gets back after the school takes out tuition. Usually tied in with gangs and often with illegals. But let the gun press get a hold of it and suddenly they're kicking in doors for late loan payments.

HHS has divisions like NIH, CDC, FDA, etc., with a lot of highly secure facilities. Where they keep, you know, plague and stuff, and do heavy duty defense research, it stands to reason they probably want FA guns on the guard force, just like the nuke plants do. Nothing nefarious here.

Stop it with that common sense!

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    Can I ask a rational question.... why does EVERY federal agency need an armed law enforcement division.

Speculation here, but maybe because each LE agency is only staffed to carry out their mission (whatever crimes they're tasked with investigating) and taking on another agency's operations puts a strain on their effectiveness and case loads.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Can I ask a rational question.... why does EVERY federal agency need an armed law enforcement division. Why cant the IRS, DOE, NOAA, etc., etc. turn over their findings to a single federal enforcement agency. Same with security... GSA or whomever could be a single agency for security at all civilian agency facilities.

Because then everybody would be in fear that the one giant federal police force was finally being created to take guns and imprison the innocent.

It's actually way more complicated than that and has to do with several factors including compartmentalized budgets, specific agency jurisdiction, agency purpose, etc, etc, etc...

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    The one that I don't understand is the FBI Police.

Department of redundancy department or do the police really need their own police? :shrug:

They actually do because there is a difference between a "Special Agent" and a "Police Officer" in the federal world in regards to what each has the authority to do.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    Because then everybody would be in fear that the one giant federal police force was finally being created to take guns and imprison the innocent.

Wait, you are saying that the government has constructed a bunch of siloed agents precisely to avoid the appearance of a giant police force? Doesnt the conspiracy to avoid the appearance of a conspiracy prove the conspiracy??

All this time I simply thought that the government was incompetent and wasted a lot of money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom