• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    Well if the individual poses an immediate and present danger to himself or others, then they should also confiscate his car, truck , hammer and screw driver, as well as just lock them up since they are such a threat.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I'm sorry but in his letter it says the person making the accusations can perjure themselves. But yet (D) A PETITIONER WHO, IN GOOD FAITH, FILES A PETITION UNDER THIS
    SUBTITLE IS NOT CIVILLY OR CRIMINALLY LIABLE FOR FILING THE PETITION..

If you’re filing in good faith you’re not perjuring yourself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I'm sorry but in his letter it says the person making the accusations can perjure themselves. But yet (D) A PETITIONER WHO, IN GOOD FAITH, FILES A PETITION UNDER THIS
    SUBTITLE IS NOT CIVILLY OR CRIMINALLY LIABLE FOR FILING THE PETITION..

Which goes with what I was saying, it's practically impossible to prove it wasn't in good faith unless the person admits it in a provable manner. For all intents and purposes, the filer is virtually immune.

Odarlin1

Ultimate Member
    The POS owns it as far as I'm concerned.

He indeed owns it. And I know I may sound very cynical but it is my humble opinion, this is just another slap in the face to the gun owners. I mean why send a response out at all now - the damage is done. He's lame duck. So I suggest the only reason is to give a double face slap to the 2A community. "Here ya go suckers! This is why I signed it. And what's more, I'm gonna sign more anti gun legislation before i'm through and you all helped to re elect me."

Thank you, sir. May I have another?

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    The POS owns it as far as I'm concerned.

He owns the part of it where he insisted on protection of due process.

Brown NEVER would have done so...

AND ANY one would have been allowed to apply...

Would you rather have Governor Brown?

One of these days folks are going to get what they asked for... and then they will be lamenting what they lost in the process.

Odarlin1

Ultimate Member

One of these days folks are going to get what they asked for... and then they will be lamenting what they lost in the process.

Oh for sure. Those who voted for Hogan this election surely got what they asked for. No doubt.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    He indeed owns it. And I know I may sound very cynical but it is my humble opinion, this is just another slap in the face to the gun owners. I mean why send a response out at all now - the damage is done. He's lame duck. So I suggest the only reason is to give a double face slap to the 2A community. "Here ya go suckers! This is why I signed it. And what's more, I'm gonna sign more anti gun legislation before i'm through and you all helped to re elect me."

Thank you, sir. May I have another?

I'm not sure how lame that duck is. I have a feeling he may gravitate towards Congress after his second term. And he'll carry the same wishy-washy platform onward in order to win there.

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED

No, he owns it because it crossed his desk and signed it.

Are we rehashing this debate again are we?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Well if the individual poses an immediate and present danger to himself or others, then they should . . . just lock them up since they are such a threat.

This.

Removing the scary tool while leaving the scary individual is peculiarly MD General Assembly stupidity. Apparently the only thing that scares the GA is a firearm. What can an aggressive insane individual do with knives, hammers, vehicles, cans of gasoline, or rocks?

Even words can be scary to Marylanders. Talking trash to his sister-in-law is what earned Mr Willis a death sentence. So, let's add "words" to the list. No guns, no scary talk. That takes care of the 1st & 2nd Amendments. Your elected officials are working on the rest of the list.

magwell

Mar 19, 2015
    Got the same letter. As said the governor owns it. With all the due process protections they gave us it will probably work as well as the FISA court does.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Think about this: if a student threatens to shoot up the school. his/her parents weapons & ammo will be confiscated along with any of his/her acquaintances who have firearms in their house.

Far fetched, nope.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Think about this: if a student threatens to shoot up the school. his/her parents weapons & ammo will be confiscated along with any of his/her acquaintances who have firearms in their house.

Far fetched, nope.

Has happened. To an FFL. Except the kids were talking about a videogame map run through, but this was before 1302 was in full force. Now that it is, the schools (school psychologists) are very much aware of thier power.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    That guy in the video is incredibly long winded, but I got the point (fast forward to 3:00 - 3:30, then bail out).

It's exactly what I said in another post: dumb kid says, "I can get a gun from my uncle," and the uncle gets ERPO'd

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom