• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokedog

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2009
    Frederick Md
    I have one sitting in the safe and am thinking about selling . It just takes up space and I will probably only take it out to shoot one time. I have others I really like shooting. Is the IHC something I should just hold on to for an investment or let it go for something I would shoot. I really want to shoot what I have and just don't know about this one. Will the value go up?
    Just safe cleaning today and arranging things for space and contemplating things.:D

cdstraw

Oct 9, 2008
    Frederick County, MD
    In general the IHC Garand is the most desirable/collectable of the four different manufacturers of the M-1 Garand.

Winchester
    Springfield
    H&R (Harrington & Richardson)
    IHC (International Harvester Corp)

I'm sure if you posted pics/detailed info about your Garand... Some of us Garand collectors could give you a very nice offer $$$! :D

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Just wait until CMP runs out of Garands, won't be long now, and the price of all types will take a big jump.

Orlando

In general the IHC Garand is the most desirable/collectable of the four different manufacturers of the M-1 Garand.

Winchester
    Springfield
    H&R (Harrington & Richardson)
    IHC (International Harvester Corp)

I'm sure if you posted pics/detailed info about your Garand... Some of us Garand collectors could give you a very nice offer $$$! :D

Not entirely true. A all correct WRA or a correct early WWII SA would be more desireable

To the OP, while a IHC is somewhat collectable "if" original or correct shooting it wont hurt the value any

Jul 1, 2012
    Not entirely true. A all correct WRA or a correct early WWII SA would be more desirable

I started to type that a while ago but didn't want to step on toes since I'm not a Garand guy and tend to see things thru my WW2 collector goggles :)

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I have one sitting in the safe and am thinking about selling . It just takes up space and I will probably only take it out to shoot one time. I have others I really like shooting. Is the IHC something I should just hold on to for an investment or let it go for something I would shoot. I really want to shoot what I have and just don't know about this one. Will the value go up?
    Just safe cleaning today and arranging things for space and contemplating things.:D

Id have interest in it if you are going to sell it. I really want one for my collection.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Two more years.

IIRC Orest said three years worth two years ago. You could look it up on the CMP forum. But they are down to luck of the draw on manufacturer now so unless something unforeseen happens I think Garands are going to go the same way as '03 Springfields, Enfields, M1 Carbines, .22 target rifles. .22 Kimbers, etc. Well all good things must come to an end.

Anyone who has not gotten a Garand but is thinking about it don't wait too long.
    http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    I have an IHC for sale on GunBroker...see auction #501943506. Going to add an IHC trigger housing, IHC hammer and IHC op rod to it later this week. IHC sales have been soft recently and I think it's because of the 2014-15 CMP releases of IHCs. I have purchased three of those IHC rifles from disgruntled buyers who were not happy with their CMP purchases. I have owned 31 IHCs since 2002, and I've sold a third of mine since 2011.

Lew--Ranger63 & Good Guy 176 (a trusty deHavilland Beaver that I flew out of Nha Trang and around much of II Corps, 1966-67).

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    Lew--Ranger63 & Good Guy 176 (a trusty deHavilland Beaver that I flew out of Nha Trang and around much of II Corps, 1966-67).

The photo should bring back memories. It is Nha Trang airbase. I helped train Vietnamese paratroopers with the 5th Special forces. We jumped from WWII C-47 transports in the background. In the third photo you can see Army Caribous. The only beavers I saw were down town.:lol2:

Attachments

• scan.jpg
      scan.jpg
      94.8 KB · Views: 408
    • scan0002.jpg
      scan0002.jpg
      114.5 KB · Views: 315
    • scan0003.jpg
      scan0003.jpg
      102.7 KB · Views: 317
    • scan0004.jpg
      scan0004.jpg
      90.7 KB · Views: 312
    • scan0001.jpg
      scan0001.jpg
      81.3 KB · Views: 310
    Last edited:
    Jul 1, 2012
    Very cool pics!

It's hard to fathom just how big the Spad is until you see a single-seater with a pilot in it
    (or stand next to one).

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    The photo should bring back memories. It is Nha Trang airbase. I helped train Vietnamese paratroopers with the 5th Special forces. We jumped from WWII C-47 transports in the background. In the third photo you can see Army Caribous. The only beavers I saw were down town.:lol2:

Those pics, at least the ones with the 'Boos in them bring back some memories.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I have an IHC for sale on GunBroker...see auction #501943506. Going to add an IHC trigger housing, IHC hammer and IHC op rod to it later this week. IHC sales have been soft recently and I think it's because of the 2014-15 CMP releases of IHCs. I have purchased three of those IHC rifles from disgruntled buyers who were not happy with their CMP purchases. I have owned 31 IHCs since 2002, and I've sold a third of mine since 2011.

Number doesn't work for me. What's your user name?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom