• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tstras

Not a Junior Member
    Jan 16, 2010
    Harford Co.
    I know this is a long shot but I'm heading to Myrtle Beach this weekend and I'm wondering if anyone knows of any gun shops that sell reloading supplies along the way. Mostly looking for powder (varget, rl15), but wouldn't mind picking up some primers too. Thanks for your help.

chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD
    Check the Bass Pro's and Cabelas and Gander mountains along the way, there are several right off 95, i know there are quite a few places in MB that sell firearms but I've only been to the BPS there

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Theres not much down at Myrtle was just there a month ago.

There's a few things on the way but nothing once you get there. We took a day trip down to PSA since we were somewhat close.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Anywhere you see either a big chain or a LGS , just pop in and check. It will be random luck of when they most recently received a shipment vs who else made large purchases ahead of you.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    The Gander Mountain in Ashland is gone but there should still be one off of RT 3 in Fredericksburg.
    Green Top and BassPro are close together off of I-95. I think I recall my car GPS got the address wrong for Basspro but my iPhone found it.
    Last time I went a few months ago it was early Sat morning. BassPro had primers and Greentop had H335 in 1lb and the big jugs.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    The Gander Mountain in Ashland is gone but there should still be one off of RT 3 in Fredericksburg.
    Green Top and BassPro are close together off of I-95. I think I recall my car GPS got the address wrong for Basspro but my iPhone found it.
    Last time I went a few months ago it was early Sat morning. BassPro had primers and Greentop had H335 in 1lb and the big jugs.

Green Top is now in the old Gander Mountain building.

Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    Green Top is now in the old Gander Mountain building.

I just stopped by there on my way down 95, they have no Reloader 15 or Varget.

Had a bunch of shotgun powder and alot of IMR 4227 (might pick some of this up for 300 BLK loading on my way back up).

They had a bunch of primers, were wiped out on 308 bullets for the most part.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I don't know the names but there is a gun shop/range on the east side of 17 just below MB and another LGS down by Murrels Inlet. I haven't been down that way in about 6 years though. One might be MB Indoor Shooting Range or something similar. The one further south is at the 17 and 17 bypass split called Carolina Shooting something I believe.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Green Top is my first thought.

The Gander's in VA seem to not be not carrying powder when I last went (summer and early fall).

You might want to try Walmarts. I picked up some Varget at a Walmart in SW VA in Oct.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    As others have said, Gander Mountain in Ashland is now occupied by Green Top.

Bass Pro is one exit before Green Top.
    (I actually prefer driving to that BP, than the one in Hanover. BP in VA is Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice - and NO lines at the gun counter!!!)

IF memory serves me, the only Gander Mountain that I know of, is in Fredericksburg, VA.
    I have NO idea what they carry, any longer.

Green Top is about the best place for loading supplies among the stores mentioned, sofar.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I'd call these places if you can to see what they have. Especially Gander MT. They looked sparse last time I was there at the Fredericksburg one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom