• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xtreme43s10

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2007
    maryland, in Mont county
    anybody else get in the wood's tonight ? it was a great time I saw over 60 deer less then 100 yard's from me. lot's of deer looking for food. saw a lot of smaller buck's and doe's and at a 110-120 inch 8 point 30 yards broadside but he was young and i let him walk.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Went out behind my house. All I saw were does and yearlings. The bucks around here are nocturnal. I plan to get out a couple of more times with the crossbow. Too darn cold for the regular bow.

xd40c

Business Owner-Gun Toter
    Sep 20, 2007
    East Earl, PA
    I haven't been out since Thanksgiving. I need to get out in Jan though to take a doe. But I am not sitting my a** out there when its 15 deg. :blush:

Supposed to get in the forties at the end of the week...Maybe find some time then.

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    anybody else get in the wood's tonight ? it was a great time I saw over 60 deer less then 100 yard's from me. lot's of deer looking for food. saw a lot of smaller buck's and doe's and at a 110-120 inch 8 point 30 yards broadside but he was young and i let him walk.

i hate you:mad54:

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    I was out all day Friday and Saturday. Only saw 1, thanks to the snow. He came out at 5:37 Friday night at about 225 yards. I sent out a Hail Mary, but came up empty. Had it not been for the snow I would have never seen him. I could have went back to the club house mad at myself for not trying, but instead I went back mad because I threw a haymaker and missed..

xtreme43s10

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2007
    maryland, in Mont county
    I was out all day Friday and Saturday. Only saw 1, thanks to the snow. He came out at 5:37 Friday night at about 225 yards. I sent out a Hail Mary, but came up empty. Had it not been for the snow I would have never seen him. I could have went back to the club house mad at myself for not trying, but instead I went back mad because I threw a haymaker and missed..

are you still hunting down on the eastern shore ? have you tried any public land over there ? I've been doing some research and thinking about hitting up some public land over there next year.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    are you still hunting down on the eastern shore ? have you tried any public land over there ? I've been doing some research and thinking about hitting up some public land over there next year.

Yea Im still down the shore. I wont go near public land. We've got thousands of acres we pay to hunt so im hunting them.:thumbsup:

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    not knockin your lease but if i was paying and not seeing anything i would look for another lease.

It wasn't just our properties that didnt see deer, it was everybody down there. If I heard 8 shots in 2 days that was a lot. We have plenty of deer on our properties. We killed over 20 on one in Salisbury back during the first rifle season. Early bow I saw so many deer that if I would have shot at all of them I would have needed 50 arrows. We couldnt hunt half of our properties with guns this weekend because they are flooded with sikas.

If you go hunting everytime and see deer, especially this late in the season, I think Id say they were coming out of a cage.

Judging from the rides back to the club house at night, the deer were moving late...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom