• _MG_9235.jpg
      _MG_9235.jpg
      58.9 KB · Views: 100

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    Get a Guerini.

The CG would definitely be better than the Barrett. Their price points are also higher than the Barrett’s. They also have a headquarters and service center within driving distance (Cambridge, MD). I hear a lot of good things about their customer service.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    The CG would definitely be better than the Barrett. Their price points are also higher than the Barrett’s. They also have a headquarters and service center within driving distance (Cambridge, MD). I hear a lot of good things about their customer service.

Guerini has great customer service, their purchase price includes 3 annual services for free, they will even service a used gun once for free.
    I've got a couple, a dedicated trap gun and a Summit Impact which is an all around gun. The trap gun is probably around 60 to 70 thousand rounds and is still tight, I had one issue at a Sunday winter league shoot 3 or 4 years ago where a part in the trigger system broke. I called Guerini on Monday and they set up an appointment for Tuesday, got there at 10am, they already knew what had gone wrong and informed me the part had been redesigned. They installed the new part, went over the whole gun and did an annual service and I was back on the road by noon and they charged nothing for the work.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Because I am on a shotgun kick :lol: I see Barrett is importing some nice looking Italian shotguns. Anybody try one or knows someone who has one?

Jim, it sounds like you are getting into the clay sports full on, that's great as shooting clays is a lot of fun.
    My recommendation for what its worth is to slow down a little on the gun purchases and shoot what you have for a year or so. You will find as you shoot more and you spend time around other shooters your wants and needs as far as clays guns go will change.
    I started out going all in and buying several guns, none of which I currently have. I even went up to Etchen's and bought a beautiful trap combo set, great gun with a high rib unsingle and a flatter rib O/U barrel, had my longest run of 137 straight with the unsingle but never did well with the O/U barrels.
    Sold the Beretta and bought a Guerini Trap combo, top. single and O/U, Guerini does there combo's to where all three available barrels have the exact same rib height so you see the same thing no matter what barrel you have on the gun, first time I shot doubles with it I broke 90 which helped win A class all around at the MD State Shoot. I had my longest straight run with the Beretta but I have won or placed in more events with the Guerini.
    Point of my ramble, I learned about other competition shotguns by shooting every weekend and practicing during the week and talking to other shooters about their guns, since I had become known to them they would usually offer to let me try their gun, a shooting buddy had just got a new Guerini unsingle and offered to let me shoot a round of trap with it, missed the first bird and ran the other 24, the gun just felt so right that I sold the Beretta and bought a Guerini which I still have.
    If we can meet up at PG I will let you shoot my other Guerini if you would like, it's an Impact model which is designed for all the clay sports. Point is not to get you to buy a Guerini but to be exposed to different shotguns, to see how they feel and move.
    Enjoy your clay addiction, its a lot of fun, I've gravitated to shooting a lot of vintage SxS events with friends, you can really tie up a lot of money in those guns. Pic is me with a buddies Holland&Holland, gun #1 of a 2 gun set.

Attachments

• IMG_0319.jpg
      IMG_0319.jpg
      94.9 KB · Views: 84

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom