• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    That is very good news but why did it take so blessed long time?

As yet, unknown.

At some point, probably after the oral argument has been submitted and the appellate ruling released we may divine some explanation, judging from the citations of newer or prior cases and opinions, and the reasoning in ours.

On behalf of my late brother Jeff, my brother Clay (who is representing Jeff’s estate in the lawsuit), and my family, I want to express my gratitude in advance to everyone here on MDS for your sustained encouragement, support and best wishes during the last five years.

T. Schuler

MDS Supporter
    Mar 24, 2022
    Howard County
    This is exactly why we brought this suit in Federal court, because people in the employ of the State of Maryland have created REAL fear that just by being on a PUBLIC SIDEWALK exercising your 1st Amendment right you are risking your career.

That is the very definition of a civil rights violation.
    I am in the same boat. Can't risk it. I am glad you are taking one for the Team! I appreciate and respect your actions. Keep up the fight.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I am in the same boat. Can't risk it. I am glad you are taking one for the Team! I appreciate and respect your actions. Keep up the fight.
    Sadly, Rack&Roll passed on over a year ago.

There are some cynics among us who believe that MD influenced a slow-walk in hope that a decision would be mooted by his passing; his longstanding illness was known to all.

Knowing the caliber of MD officials in general, I would not be at all surprised if the assumption was true.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    ROAD TRIP!!

We’re hittin’ the road in May!

Join us!

Click here for our “Hulbert v. Pope” ROAD TRIP thread:

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    MSI is a co-plaintiff with us, for itself and all of its members.

NOTE: When you join MSI, you automatically become a plaintiff in our FEDERAL CIVIL RIGHTS First Amendment lawsuit!

The ruling in our case could establish an important First Amendment precedent in the Fourth Circuit, regarding the right to record police in the public performance of their duties.

So you don’t have to only imagine what it’s like to be a plaintiff in an important Bill of Rights lawsuit.

Now you can ACTUALLY BE A PLAINTIFF, and sit in the historic U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit Courtroom in Richmond to HEAR YOUR CASE ARGUED before a three-judge appellate panel.

Representing us is the most distinguished and successful First Amendment attorney in Maryland, Cary Hansel of Hansel Law In Baltimore!

Don’t miss out on this historic Constitutional Rights experience. Join us!

Click here now to join MSI:

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    As yet, unknown.

At some point, probably after the oral argument has been submitted and the appellate ruling released we may divine some explanation, judging from the citations of newer or prior cases and opinions, and the reasoning in ours.

On behalf of my late brother Jeff, my brother Clay (who is representing Jeff’s estate in the lawsuit), and my family, I want to express my gratitude in advance to everyone here on MDS for your sustained encouragement, support and best wishes during the last five years.
    Five LONG years. The wheels of justice grind slow, but exceedingly fine. Justice is near at last!

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Great news, it should NEVER have taken this long. Here’s hoping for a giant smack down headed Pope’s way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    MSI is a co-plaintiff with us, for itself and all of its members.

NOTE: When you join MSI, you automatically become a plaintiff in our FEDERAL CIVIL RIGHTS First Amendment lawsuit!

The ruling in our case could establish an important First Amendment precedent in the Fourth Circuit, regarding the right to record police in the public performance of their duties.

So you don’t have to only imagine what it’s like to be a plaintiff in an important Bill of Rights lawsuit.

Now you can ACTUALLY BE A PLAINTIFF, and sit in the historic U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit Courtroom in Richmond to HEAR YOUR CASE ARGUED before a three-judge appellate panel.

Representing us is the most distinguished and successful First Amendment attorney in Maryland, Cary Hansel of Hansel Law In Baltimore!

Don’t miss out on this historic Constitutional Rights experience. Join us!

Click here now to join MSI:

Thanks to MSI I am also a plaintiff. In addition to MSI Membership consider donating to their Litigation Fund all the money is used exclusively toward legal challenges to anti-2A laws in Maryland.

Link to MSI donation page:

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Not waiting until then to drink.

I don’t want to get paid.

I want a precedent with our last name on it.
    Proud as hell of you and Jeff, DL. Friends of the family won a case they took to their state supreme court in 1938, and the pride in that accomplishment was everlasting.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I was there at the beginning, I'd like to be there at the end as well.

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    The turnout and support at the "More Patriots than you have Handcuffs" rally was awesome. The message sent to Annapolis was epic. Now let the courts finish throwing the book at those that would restrict the 1A - this has been long overdue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom