Which is better Rem Tac-14 or Moss Shockwave?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which do you like better, more likely to buy?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The one bonus about these 14 inch barrel models is they won't run afoul of DNR regs when carried loaded in a vehicle for people with permits.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

Attachments

• IMG_6999.jpg
      IMG_6999.jpg
      61.9 KB · Views: 2,094

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    look for charter arms BIG DAWG

Yes, that's a later copy that came into the market after MIL Inc (Thunder 5) stopped manufacturing.

Back on track: I was able to hold and inspect the Shockwave Mossy while in Daytona for Bike Week two months ago.

Also: I prefer the position of the ambidextrous safety the Mossy. Neat package.

Hog Sniper

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2008
    I have to admit I've always been an 870 fan BUT with a gun like this I do like the safety position on the Mossberg.

jhartmac

Jan 7, 2007
    Virginia/maryland
    I Just picked mine up over the weekend, well made, I will make a few slight changes to it undecided about a side saddle for shells, might take away some of the covert effect, I think however a good laser would help with aiming.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I would like to add the Remington to the stable, just to get some symmetry. Just FYI, the Mossberg is the only tube-fed shotgun I own with the safety on top.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Covert bag and new Shockwave. I like how it has the sling mount up front but not in the back :rolleyes:

Attachments

• shockwave1.jpg
      shockwave1.jpg
      35.2 KB · Views: 1,844
    • shockwave2.jpg
      shockwave2.jpg
      41.5 KB · Views: 1,874

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    And not just for Mossy's or Rem's...

Most softball bags have a divider layer between the bat compartment where you would store your mitt, shoes and gloves.

Just carefully cut out that divider fabric with scissors.

Attachments

• IMG_7665.jpg
      IMG_7665.jpg
      80.7 KB · Views: 1,832
    Last edited:

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    A bit off-topic, but will adding the raptor grip to a Pardner Pump cause any NFA type problems?

It should still be > 26" (it's 37.625" now) so I doubt it but since it has a stock now, I just wanted to be sure (BGOS!).

Also, would cutting the barrel down any run afoul of the law.

Damn that HQL (or damn me).

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    A bit off-topic, but will adding the raptor grip to a Pardner Pump cause any NFA type problems?

It should still be > 26" (it's 37.625" now) so I doubt it but since it has a stock now, I just wanted to be sure (BGOS!).

Also, would cutting the barrel down any run afoul of the law.

Damn that HQL (or damn me).

Sorry I dunno. I think/fear I may have unknowingly/slowly developed BGOS myself! I generally don't much mess with the few 'approved' firearms that I shoot from time to time. My understand is that replacing the existing stock with a stock+pistol grip, or even just a pistol grip (normal or raptor grip) is ok. I think the OAL still has to be at least 29" for a long gun (what a stupid law, but we are stuck with it until/unless MSI wins the court case, or we can fix this in the legislature). Also the barrel must be at least 18", most keep it at 18.5" for some reason.

I know that's no help, just pontificating, again I generally don't fool with what I know is already legal. Pleasantly surprised that these 'firearms' that shoot shotgun shells are completely legal.

Created this thread to learn more, and now I'm leaning more toward the Shockwave. Mossberg informs me its been a great success and apparently they can't make them fast enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom