• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maryland DINO movement

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    Here is my rookie attempt to provide a starting point addressing the suggestion for a gun shop handout. Maybe the "sign" could be the photo? The take-home sheets could be handed out for the person not acquainted with MDS. The photo included was pirated without permission, but it spoke to me. Is formal permission needed to use it? Click on the PDF file link, the included photo is what is being displayed below. Removed the file with the photos. I'll work up something with a different image for this.

Let's see how this looks... View attachment 174694

new version

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    Any thoughts on congressional district 8? With Van Hollen out of the way it's wide open. I'm trying to figure out if I should back an R candidate and hope to ride the republican wave that got Hogan elected or become a DINO and find the lesser of the evils.

With the well known VanHollen out of the way it looks like Raskin is the only well known player.

From Ballotpedia:
    Several Democratic candidates have filed for candidacy: David Anderson, Kumar Barve, Dan Bolling, Ana Sol Gutierrez, William Jawando, Kathleen Matthews, Jamie Raskin, Joel Rubin and David Trone.

Five Republican candidates have filed as well: Dan Cox, Jeffrey Jones, Elizabeth Matory, Aryeh Shudofsky and Shelly Skolnick.

Additionally, third-party candidates Charles Galloway (Green), Nancy Wallace (Green), Elizabeth Croydon (Green) and Jasen Wunder (Libertarian) are running."

I'll take the time to investigate each candidate, I was just wondering if anyone had any opinions in the mean time.

Mike

MDS Supporter
    Any thoughts on congressional district 8? With Van Hollen out of the way it's wide open. I'm trying to figure out if I should back an R candidate and hope to ride the republican wave that got Hogan elected or become a DINO and find the lesser of the evils.

With the well known VanHollen out of the way it looks like Raskin is the only well known player.

From Ballotpedia:
    Several Democratic candidates have filed for candidacy: David Anderson, Kumar Barve, Dan Bolling, Ana Sol Gutierrez, William Jawando, Kathleen Matthews, Jamie Raskin, Joel Rubin and David Trone.

Five Republican candidates have filed as well: Dan Cox, Jeffrey Jones, Elizabeth Matory, Aryeh Shudofsky and Shelly Skolnick.

Additionally, third-party candidates Charles Galloway (Green), Nancy Wallace (Green), Elizabeth Croydon (Green) and Jasen Wunder (Libertarian) are running."

I'll take the time to investigate each candidate, I was just wondering if anyone had any opinions in the mean time.

Right off I say that Kathleen Matthews, Jamie Raskin, and David Trone all need to be kept out. I also would appreciate advice on the least of the many evils being offered up on the D ticket.

I think I'm in the 8th. Hard to tell the way is it's gerrymandered or not in 8? What a Charlie Foxtrot.

Mike

MDS Supporter
    Right off I say that Kathleen Matthews, Jamie Raskin, and David Trone all need to be kept out. I also would appreciate advice on the least of the many evils being offered up on the D ticket.

I think I'm in the 8th. Hard to tell the way is it's gerrymandered or not in 8? What a Charlie Foxtrot.

Here, I think I found a web site the gives me a straight answer at the state level: http://mdelect.net/

Your Elected Officials

Governor: Lawrence J. Hogan, Jr.
    Lt. Governor: Boyd K. Rutherford
    Attorney General: Brian E. Frosh
    Comptroller: Peter Franchot

US Senators:
    Barbara A. Mikulski
    Benjamin L. Cardin

US Representative (Maryland District 3):
    John P. Sarbanes

State Senator (District 14):
    Karen S. Montgomery

State Delegates (District 14):
    Anne R. Kaiser
    Eric G. Luedtke
    Craig J. Zucker

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County

Just finished looking through the Dems for district 8. It's appalling. There is no "lesser of two weavils" in this case.

They are all toeing the party line with "assault weapons bans" and "background checks for ammo" and "common sense background ....blah blah blah" and all the other mindless drivel.

The Repubs aren't much better.

- Dan Cox looks pretty good except he's going to be waaaay to conservative to win anything near MoCo

- Jeffery Jones sounds completely muddled and this sort of comment concerns me:

"I believe individual rights are important and worth having as the Constitution guarantees. But with those rights comes responsibility, and we need to figure the best way to strengthen responsibilities in order to keep the rights working."

hmm....

- Aryeh Shudofsky seems like a good guy but more of a policy wonk and not a word about firearms. Possibly a smart move on his part but I suspect he's never fire a gun iin his life.

- Shelly Skolnick - Not a word on second amendment, wants to focus on the Metro system, getting out of afghanistan and some other ideas that might be worth considering but not a word on 2A.

Maybe smart that these guys aren't talking 2A but I don't think any of the Repubs are organized enough to take MoCo.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Consider this just a rehearsal, the focus of this thread is the one that will matter, 2018.

Thanks for the input, we got our mail in ballots in the mail recently, haven't filled them out yet. Generally we are NOT voting for anyone we know that supports anti-2A, and generally NOT voting for any incumbent. I don't have an opinion the circuit Court judges, the judge I went running with (literally jogging together at Sandy Point) a few times seemed very nice and level headed.

Going to go uncommitted for the Presidential, it's looking more and more that it will come down to Clinton and Trump.

---

Funny thing, I was called twice today and they even left a message asking me to be a judge at the election polls. I seriously considered it for about 2 minutes. Could you imagine, me representing the Dems as a poll judge; they would expect me to argue on their behalf. Although I know I would follow the rules to the letter, I might have an opportunity to use some 'judgement' and do not want to face any dilemma. I will not compromise my integrity, and having my morals clash with my integrity is a situation I do not want to be volunteering to be put in.

Mike

MDS Supporter
    Just finished looking through the Dems for district 8. It's appalling. There is no "lesser of two weavils" in this case.

They are all toeing the party line with "assault weapons bans" and "background checks for ammo" and "common sense background ....blah blah blah" and all the other mindless drivel.

The Repubs aren't much better.

- Dan Cox looks pretty good except he's going to be waaaay to conservative to win anything near MoCo

- Jeffery Jones sounds completely muddled and this sort of comment concerns me:

"I believe individual rights are important and worth having as the Constitution guarantees. But with those rights comes responsibility, and we need to figure the best way to strengthen responsibilities in order to keep the rights working."

hmm....

- Aryeh Shudofsky seems like a good guy but more of a policy wonk and not a word about firearms. Possibly a smart move on his part but I suspect he's never fire a gun iin his life.

- Shelly Skolnick - Not a word on second amendment, wants to focus on the Metro system, getting out of afghanistan and some other ideas that might be worth considering but not a word on 2A.

Maybe smart that these guys aren't talking 2A but I don't think any of the Repubs are organized enough to take MoCo.

Thank you for the information. Nobody, D nor R, seems to be putting out any literature in our neighborhood. I'm only aware of the radio and TV carpet bombing by Trone the Drone and Mathews the Mouthpiece. Both rabidly anti 2A.

And I see what you did there on the bold part :thumbsup: I've read all those books.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4PzpxOj5Cc

HauptsAriba

Feb 16, 2014
    Anne Arundel
    I stood outside the Timonium gun show several years ago wearing a hunter orange, DINO, t-shirt.

Tried explaining DINO to folks and was handing out flyers.

99% of the people I spoke with either couldn't or refused to comprehend what I was saying.

I could have coated a million donuts with the amount of glaze that covered their eyes.

If you can't get folks to listen about their gun rights at a gun show, I don't know how to get folks to listen.
    All of their attention was on the loopholes they were there to take advantage of ;)

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    I'm a registered R in District 4, would it be better to stay an R or is it time to take one for the team and go DINO?

I hate this gerrymandering crap, why is Edwards My Rep? She's a PG county tool, and I have zilch in common with her or her base.:mad54:

light12pdr

MDS Supporter
    Nov 6, 2015
    I'm a registered R in District 4, would it be better to stay an R or is it time to take one for the team and go DINO?

I hate this gerrymandering crap, why is Edwards My Rep? She's a PG county tool, and I have zilch in common with her or her base.:mad54:

Here is a way to look at it. If you have been gerrymandered, they have given you a tool to use.

Think about it, by going DINO, you are in a district where as a Republican you are effectively neutered, but as a DINO they have given you some power. Voting power.

As Minuteman mentioned, some of our worst antagonists could be removed on a local level in the primaries by your action. Just something to consider.

Last edited:

STIMD

Feb 25, 2013
    Mount Airy
    OK Dino's...
    I'm not convinced of this effort, but in the spirit of open-mindedness, here are all the ballots for the primary this April.

http://www.elections.state.md.us/elections/2016/primary_ballots/AnneArundel.pdf

Can you all coalesce on a single, non-incumbent, pro-2A democratic candidate for US Senate and your Congressional District?

This is the trial.
    If this step cannot be done correctly, in unison, then the DINO2018 idea may not be workable.

I think this previously made point must be reiterated. A single democrat candidate from each district would provide the strongest likelihood for success.

I think most would support Freddie Donald Dickson Jr (D), and apparently pro 2A, for Mikulski's seat in the US Senate.

Here are the remaining DEMOCRATIC candidates for US Congress by District in Maryland.

District 1 - Currently occupied by Republican Andrew P. Harris. Is his seat realistically threatened? If so choose a stooge from below.
    Jim Ireton (D) - Salisbury City Councilman & Teacher
    Joe Werner (D) - Attorney & Frequent Candidate

District 2 - C.A. Dutch Ruppersberger (D) incumbent and no democrat opponent

District 3 - John Sarbanes (D) incumbent
    John Rea (D) - Salesman & Frequent Candidate

District 4 - [ Donna Edwards (D)* - Candidate for US Senate in 2016. ]
    Anthony Brown (D) - Ex-Lt. Governor, Ex-House Majority Whip, Attorney, Iraq War Veteran & '14 Gov. Nominee
    Warren Christopher (D) - Retired Army Officer, Iraq/Afghan War Veteran & '14 Candidate
    Glenn Ivey (D) - Ex-Prince George's County State's Attorney & '12 Candidate
    Joseline Peña-Melnyk (D) - State Del., Ex-College Park City Councilwoman & Attorney
    Terence Strait (D) - Federal Employee, Psychologist & Progressive Activist

District 5 - Steny Hoyer (D)* - (House Minority Whip Site) incumbent
    Kristin Beck (D) - Retired Navy SEAL & Transgender Activist *** My personal favorite!
    Debbie Wilson (D) - Realtor

District 6 - John Delaney (D)* incumbent
    Tony Puca (D) - Mortgage Loan Officer, Democratic Activist & Frequent Candidate

District 7 - Elijah Cummings (D)* incumbent
    Adrian Petrus (D) - '08 Candidate

District 8 - [ Chris Van Hollen (D)* - Candidate for US Senate in 2016. ]
    Dave Anderson (D) - College Professor & Non-Profit Group Executive
    Kumar Barve (D) - State Del. & Ex-State House Majority Leader
    Dan Bolling (D) - Retired Biotechnology Executive & '12 Candidate in Indiana
    Ana Sol Gutierrez (D) - State Del., Ex-Montgomery County School Board Member & Computer Engineer
    Will Jawando (D) - Ex-White House Aide, Ex-Congressional Aide, Attorney & '14 State Del. Candidate
    Kathleen Matthews (D) - Ex-Hotel Chain Executive, Ex-TV News Anchor & Wife of TV Show Host Chris Matthews
    Jamie Raskin (D) - State Senate Majority Whip & Attorney
    Joel Rubin (D) - Foreign Policy Consultabt & Ex-US State Dept. Official
    David Trone (D) - National Chain Wine Store Owner

If you don't know you're district, there's a nice map on Wikipedia.

STIMD

Feb 25, 2013
    Mount Airy
    Congressional District 8

Why are so many interested in District 8? Literally 18 candidates!

Since it's my district and the primary is later this month (I know 2018 is the important one), I'd like to outline some of the democratic candidates. But what criteria is best to consider?

David M. Anderson - No 2A comments on website
    Kumar P. Barve - No 2A comments
    Dan Bolling - No comments; no website; last minute entry
    Ana Sol Gutierrez - No comments
    William Jawando - Anti 2a
    Kathleen Matthews - Wife of celebrity, Anti 2A
    Jamie Raskin - Anti 2A
    Joel Rubin - Anti 2A
    David Trone - Anti 2A

Dan Bolling seems to have the worst campaign at this time. All I see is a Linked in page, and he apparently submitted the application on the last possible day. I'm not sure if our support can help this guy.

The rest all have nice websites and Jawando, Matthews, Raskin, Rubin, Trone are all clearly anti-2A.

Anderson, Barve, Bolling, Gutierrez do not comment.

This Washington Post article suggests that Matthews, Raskin and Trone are the front runners.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...a1fb26-cb8f-11e5-ae11-57b6aeab993f_story.html

The republican opposition is available for your review at http://www.politics1.com/md.htm
    Upon my review it seems only attorney Dan Cox is the only openly pro-second amendment candidate. Base on that, he's got my vote in November.

So, ultimately the question is, "Who can we put in the general election, in front of Matthews, Raskin, and Trone, to be overcome by Cox in November?"

I really look forward to your comments!

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Great discussion.

It's unlikely we'll find a pro-gun Dem willing to run overtly, much less get them elected. Many Democrats are pro-gun, pro-self defense. The problem is the instant they question the establishment Democrats currently crippling this state, they are threatened. The backward logic of disarming the law abiding will somehow make them safer is deeply entrenched. This issue is a simple truth, and any high schooler can research the facts are all on the side of natural self defense. Even the Republicans are afraid to mention that they are progun in Maryland.

Our goal is to vote out the entrenched incumbents, the establishment Democrats.

Today if you are a reasonable person elected to office, and you ran as a Democrat; it doesn't matter if you disagree with some of these gun bills, the bullies (some like MikeMiller have been in office since the 1970's) tell you how to vote on certain bills. They are undermining the entire proper process with their crooked politics.

They effectively take your vote away, by gerrymandering your voting district; cheating you again from being properly represented.

For the love of all that is right, register as a Democrat so in 2018 we all show up and vote out these crooked establishment Democrats, so the others will take notice. Together we can break this stranglehold they have on us.

Vote!

search

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    Right off I say that Kathleen Matthews, Jamie Raskin, and David Trone all need to be kept out.

Absolutely.

Trone is anti-gun and doesn't allow carry in his stores (Total Wine).

Matthews is touting the party line on gun control.

And we know what we will get with Raskin. Although I've been having fun talking to him these last few weeks about gun stuff since he needs my vote (I'm a DINO). :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom