Any place with large selection of CZ/Huglu O/Us?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Funny story about the Red Label. Someone I know was using it to shoot clays before he knew what he was doing. He had a gunsmith remove the automatic safety. He actually put a fair amount of shells through it. Well it broke. No problem. Ruger’s a reputable US company they’ll fix it. They did. They sent him a letter stating that the gun wasn’t meant to be a target gun. I think he mentioned that to them either on the phone or in the letter that was sent with the gun. It was meant for hunting and that it broke because HE SHOT IT TOO MUCH! They also put the safety back in and advised him that they could’ve voided the warranty because the safety was disabled/removed and to not have it removed again. I shot one round of Skeet with it I thought the gun kicked like a mule.

I was talking to the pro over at PG Skeet and Trap a few years ago and someone mentioned Ruger Red label; well he scoffed and said "Bill Ruger doesn't know how to build a shotgun! Red Labels don't fit anybody except for maybe Bill Ruger!"

So maybe it kicked like a mule because it was a very poor fit (?)

You guys are full of confidence building stories about US branded shotguns, so I thought I would add one more. :D

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    I was talking to the pro over at PG Skeet and Trap a few years ago and someone mentioned Ruger Red label; well he scoffed and said "Bill Ruger doesn't know how to build a shotgun! Red Labels don't fit anybody except for maybe Bill Ruger!"

So maybe it kicked like a mule because it was a very poor fit (?)

You guys are full of confidence building stories about US branded shotguns, so I thought I would add one more. :D

You want an American competition shotgun?

http://kolararms.com

You will NOT like the prices! MSRP is $10,000+.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    Hmm - those shotguns have relatively high combs and ribs; not just the trap model.

Yes, Skeet and Sporting gun’s are looking more and more like Trap guns. The high ribs and monte Carlo stocks allow for a more heads up, eyes level shooting position. This in turn allows for a better field of vision compared to traditional stocks. Notice all of them have adjustable combs so they can be fitted to you. They will also fit you fir a custom stock if you fly out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom