• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    I can't find anything that says we can't carry into a bank assuming we have an unrestricted permit, as long as the establishment doesn't have something on their door.

Is there a law in Maryland that says I can't?

No crime (or potential crime) has been committed by my part, it's more of a "new carrier" question.

I expect troll posts to some extent, but for the safety of all.. please properly mark the troll posts so no one gets the wrong idea for too long.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I can't find anything that says we can't carry into a bank assuming we have an unrestricted permit, as long as the establishment doesn't have something on their door.

Is there a law in Maryland that says I can't?

No, banks are fine.

"No guns here" signs do not have the force of law in Maryland. However, if there is a sign posted and you are caught on the property with a gun, you can be asked to leave and then charged with trespassing if you don't.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Due to the propensity of favoring so- called " Business Permits " , bank lobbies are probably the most heavily armed areas of the state .

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    Due to the propensity of favoring so- called " Business Permits " , bank lobbies are probably the most heavily armed areas of the state .

That's what i thought, but wasn't sure because they could use the drive thru window. I dont know what it's like to drop off "that much money" at a drive thru window though HAHHAA.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    No, banks are fine.

"No guns here" signs do not have the force of law in Maryland. However, if there is a sign posted and you are caught on the property with a gun, you can be asked to leave and then charged with trespassing if you don't.

thanks. yes, this i knew. i checked my bank of choice today and there was no sign.. but i figured i would ask here, a CCW trainer.. and the MDSP. guess who has NOT gotten back w/ me yet?

lowoncash

Baned
    Jan 4, 2010
    Calvert county
    Old line bank in Prince Frederick is posted no firearms. I ask them if it included Leo (I’m not). They said yes, they must use drive through. They also have the double door system. First door must be closed before the second can be opened. It has a metal detector.

Any bank with the two door system would be a problem for a concealed carry.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    Old line bank in Prince Frederick is posted no firearms. I ask them if it included Leo (I’m not). They said yes, they must use drive through. They also have the double door system. First door must be closed before the second can be opened. It has a metal detector.

I wonder if the inner door is locked if metal is detected... and is bullet proof? How do they stop a plastic gunman from robbing them?.. i hear ghost guns are untraceable and undetectable...

[perfect time for a troll post/comment... it had to be done.]

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

If this described my bank's entryway I would do my banking somewhere else.

1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    No, banks are fine.

^
    This exactly. It also applies to all other businesses. It would be up to the owner to post a sign. If no sign, then they cant do anything.

1 more company I will refuse to do business with.
    ngnm-card_1.jpg

Hunterjjd

Jun 29, 2011
    I wonder if the inner door is locked if metal is detected... and is bullet proof? How do they stop a plastic gunman from robbing them?.. i hear ghost guns are untraceable and undetectable...

[perfect time for a troll post/comment... it had to be done.]

Yes it is locked and they must buzz you in

I don't know about bullet proof or ghosts

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom