• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VG-10

Oct 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Randall Knives is in Orlando. That's less than a couple of hours from Tampa
    (I think). They have a museum open to the public.

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Thanks all for the recommendations. I'm inclined to buy a Randall because they are a quality Florida made knife, but that wait time is killer. I know I have time, but I'm a fan of instant gratification lol.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Thanks all for the recommendations. I'm inclined to buy a Randall because they are a quality Florida made knife, but that wait time is killer. I know I have time, but I'm a fan of instant gratification lol.

Order one from AG Russell , If it is listed on their site they have it in stock and ship immediately.

Kimber45

Jan 14, 2011
    Whiteford
    Check out Thomas Rucker Knives First class quality. I was just in his shop in Montana last week I know he has some quality knives available.
    Tell him Dave the yankee redneck sent you.
    http://www.knivesbythomas.com/index.html

ofda9v.jpg
    [/IMG]

Pocket Knife is mine, my cousin got the fixed blade.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    You said for hunting. If not totally for hunting, check out Gil Hibben knives. He made all the Rambo knives, and makes some gnarly Klingon looking stuff. His stuff is pretty cool, not your typical department store stuff.

VG-10

Oct 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    You said for hunting. If not totally for hunting, check out Gil Hibben knives. He made all the Rambo knives, and makes some gnarly Klingon looking stuff. His stuff is pretty cool, not your typical department store stuff.

The "First Blood" knife was made by Jimmy Lile.

DGI

Jan 19, 2010
    Reisterstown MD
    If you are looking for a folder, Chris Reeves are amazing knives!

Cant go wrong with a CRK! I have two 2010 Annuals that are going to my two boys when they are old enough.

I wanted something more “special” also and found that with Pepe Jalomo. He made me three slip joints and i had him engrave our initials in the shield inlaid into the CF handles. Mine is the large version and two smaller slippies for the boys.

My kids are 3 and 1 and they already love their knives (theyve handled them closed under close supervision by me).

Attachments

• 05E5E331-94F2-43C3-BD48-54CEB158AB31.jpg
      05E5E331-94F2-43C3-BD48-54CEB158AB31.jpg
      40.7 KB · Views: 151

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    If you really mean unlimited check out Bill Moran's knives. He had a little workshop in Frederick County and pioneered a lot of knifemaking techniques that were lost/no longer being practiced. He passed away a few years ago but his knives are seriously high quality and beauitful, although I doubt you really mean unlimited when you say it and I suspect these knives are more than you can spend. I know they are for me although they are awesome. Here is a video of him working in his shop in Middletown.
    https://www.williammoranmuseum.com/
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/14/AR2006021402058.html

In all seriousness though buy a knife that you are actually willing to use. Super nice knives are cool but something like a Moran knife is out of reach of most people and if you had one there is no way you would actually use it. Get a nice knife for maybe a few hundred dollars and use it with the kid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom