• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    i am posting this to give you guys a chance to spend all that Xmas money you'll be getting. "Holiday" money for all those politically correct types.

one caveat to this post: no bitching about this show.
    be nice or dont play.

thanks in advance!:)

Guys... The man requested "no bitching"...

We have IPs in this show that deserve (y)our support. No matter if the promoter is on or off of your 2015 Christmas list. If you want to protest the promoter and his ammo sales friend... Just walk right past the ammo tables and go see Lee, Lou, the folks from FreeState and others who can use your support there.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    Guys... The man requested "no bitching"...

We have IPs in this show that deserve (y)our support. No matter if the promoter is on or off of your 2015 Christmas list. If you want to protest the promoter and his ammo sales friend... Just walk right past the ammo tables and go see Lee, Lou, the folks from FreeState and others who can use your support there.

Can't I just as easily support them by visiting their respective locations?

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville

+1

If Lou had a hand stamp I would give $7 to go to Shooters for the same entertainment value. Unless he is sleeping like the pic from the last show:)

Pass on Timonium, Sorry Lee2

It's a new year I hope it's freakin packed!

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD

Sure, but then you've got to get to each location individually, with the associated gasoline costs and travel time. Your time is worth something, isn't it?

Mrhyde

Capitalist-Pig
    May 22, 2010
    Bel Air MD
    I'm in the "its good for our community" side of things.

Also I'm dying to know what kind of awesome and tempting stuff Shooters Discount is going to have. They've always got the best table and as such are always my first stop.

Will Shooters Discount have those pretty laminated Mosin Nagants this time around? I couldn't find a single old war horse at the last Timonium show I attended.

But I did come in the last hours of the last day. So I may have just missed the boat. A buddy wants one for his collection.

Mrhyde

Capitalist-Pig
    May 22, 2010
    Bel Air MD
    Also. Lou sold me my police issue Mini-14 several years ago and it's still kicking butt and taking names. So thanks for that!

Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore
    Generally, I am pretty critical of the "socks and jerky" shows in the area. Timonium tends to be better than most. However, I would encourage folks to check this show out. Here's why:

The 'ammo panic' is over, stock is available at good prices.

The MD SB 281 panic is over. Everything is cash and carry now. The MSP has been pretty reasonable on their execution of the law. If you are serious 'gun enthusiast' I have to believe you got your HQL.

AR lowers.

LE trade-ins.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    one caveat to this post: no bitching about this show.
    be nice or dont play.
    thanks in advance!:)

Sorry bro, that's BS. Just because somebody is in the firearms business doesn't mean they automatically get a pass for questionable business practices. If there are issues with this show, I want to know about them before I waste my time and money. I don't know what drama has happened previously with this show, but your fear of criticism means I most definitely will NOT be at this show.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Sorry bro, that's BS. Just because somebody is in the firearms business doesn't mean they automatically get a pass for questionable business practices. If there are issues with this show, I want to know about them before I waste my time and money. I don't know what drama has happened previously with this show, but your fear of criticism means I most definitely will NOT be at this show.

people like you wont be missed.
    troll in another thread. bye.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    So you're saying that we should overlook shady business practices because "more gun shows are good?" What exactly are you trying to say here?

Any legit business should welcome transparency, not hide from it.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    Sorry lee2. I don't know if you have a dog in this fight, but I am skipping shows from these sponsors as well. It is clear the customer is not their priority. I will be going directly to my LGS, or to the Chantilly show.

I detest corrupt business practices that screw the customer.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    So you're saying that we should overlook shady business practices because "more gun shows are good?" What exactly are you trying to say here?

Any legit business should welcome transparency, not hide from it.

what i'm saying is if you dont want to go to the show...dont.:rolleyes:
    i posted to let others know when the show is going on.
    i had a smple request, dont bitch.
    how about you starting a gun show bitch thread? you could rant till your hearts desire.:cool:

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    Lee2, what is your business interest in this show? If you're going to be shillin, you need to pay for an IP account.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    The wonders of an open forum which you do not control.

You can request we don't talk about anything....but at las you have no power to enforce what we discuss.

Sorry...but if they are in fact banning folks who sell ammo at a lower rate then another vendor who may or may not be his friend I believe it's a talking point.

Maybe if they see a thread with folks not coming they will reevaluate their practice.

max111

MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2014
    somd
    I just got into reloading shotgun shells so I will be looking for powder, shot etc. Is there a vendor here that will be present for the show, or if someone could recommend for which company to look for? much appreciated:thumbsup:

mdonzi

mdonzi
    Feb 26, 2010
    pasadena
    I think what lee is trying to say is hey here is the gun show.
    but lets not turn it in to bitching on md shows or the people running the show?
    Md shows are not what they used to be but we still have gun shows.
    i always find something or just spend time with my son talking guns.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    I like going to gun shows. I like looking at guns. Some are better than others. I never look to see who's promoting them. Thanks Lee for letting me know.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    I think what lee is trying to say is hey here is the gun show.
    but lets not turn it in to bitching on md shows or the people running the show?
    Md shows are not what they used to be but we still have gun shows.
    i always find something or just spend time with my son talking guns.

well said.:)

Feb 28, 2013
    **** the promoter. He's getting paid regardless.

More importantly, our friends will be at this show, unlike the one in York. So let's go buy stuff and support THEM.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom