Factory upper to go on an 80% 308 build?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • My Toy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2008
    Westminster
    If you completed an 80% lower (dpms pattern LR 308) in 308 and didn't relish the thought of piecing together a compatible 308 upper -- what would you consider in the way of a factory built upper to allow you to get to the range with a functional rifle?

DavidA

The Master of Disaster
    Dec 6, 2013
    Annapolis
    If you completed an 80% lower (dpms pattern LR 308) in 308 and didn't relish the thought of piecing together a compatible 308 upper -- what would you consider in the way of a factory built upper to allow you to get to the range with a functional rifle?

I love black hole weaponry BHW barrels SSA uses them and the have BHW barrels but I just checked while they offered assembled uppers none in stock. Moriarti Armament does have them. $550 to $600. Or you could go with a Aero Precision upper. They use Ballistic Advantage barrels. Again $600. If your looking for an upper to just get you to the range either Delta team tactical or Davidson defense have complete uppers in the $260 range.

If you completed the 80% lower building the upper is nothing. You would just need a upper receiver block holder and a armorers wrench.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom