• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDshooters

Mar 26, 2012
    Salisbury MD
    Ok,

So I have used google search with multiple tries for different quotations as far as I can remember as well as the forum search and can not find it. I was looking for the post in the "How to Apply" sticky that mentioned how one can "Pre-apply" for a W&C before taking the training. The problem is that when viewing the mdsp.maryland site they clearly state that "Training must be successfully completed prior to submitting the application, unless you are exempt from training." Am I going crazy? Or didn't I just read somewhere that we could pre-apply somewhere and see it we are eligible BEFORE we go through the time, energy, and cost, of taking additional training. It is a major expense and I could have sworn

I read this the other week. I even looked through my search history. :sad20:

Last edited:

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    The preapproval wasn't passed in Annapolis! This was just a ploy so that they would diverted the tds from the HPRB and they also wanted to disband the board and have all review being done by MSP. Sneaky little devils! Read the HPRB threads to see what is happening there. Cripples are getting reversed and given unrestricted permits.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    You might have heard about a proposed bill in this year's legislative session, to allow the training class after MSP approval. Got killed at the last minute, but will probably be back next year. Unless/until then, you have it right, training has to be completed at time of application.

ETA: kenpo333 types faster than I do.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    The preapproval wasn't passed in Annapolis! This was just a ploy so that they would diverted the tds from the HPRB and they also wanted to disband the board and have all review being done by MSP. Sneaky little devils! Read the HPRB threads to see what is happening there. Cripples are getting reversed and given unrestricted permits.

Actually the bill was to have applicant hearings with an Administrative Law Judge, not the MSP.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    You love the place so much you named yourself after it. Kind of odd. Would make one think that you're a forum owner.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    I'm going to make my Facebook name, Facebook.

I know a guy who made his wireless password 'whydoyouwannaknow', so whenever he has friends over and they ask him what his wireless password is, he gets to tell them 'whydoyouwannaknow', like the old who's on first bit.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Paying for and completing the training is all part of the process weather you are approved or not. Just like the application fee. They are taking and cashing your check weather you get a permit or not. You can't pre-apply to see if you will receive a permit then pay the application fee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom