• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    So I purchased some handguns online (first for me) and they should all arrive early next week. I did my 77r and got a pin and app#

Do I have to wait 7 days from the arrival at the FFL or from date of purchase online?

Thanks in advance

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    ok, two things, because the post is not clear:
    1- they should all arrive early next week ->, it is 7 days after the dealer submits the 77e. Dealer cannot submit it until they actually receive the guns. So its at least 7 days after the dealer receives the guns.
    2- gun(s)-> Unless you are a designated collector or have some other exception, you can only receive one handgun a month. There may be some exceptions like iof they were part of a collection, but odds are, the FFL will not release more than one gun at a time every 30 days.

You will get an email when you can pick up the first gun. This is 7 days after the dealer submits their part of the 77e. When you can pick up others, if any, depends.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Yes I am a designated collector. They actually appear to be received by this Friday (by end of day)

So I can swing in late Friday or early Saturday fill form and sit on my hands for next 7 days from then

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    you may already know this but make sure FFL is expecting it. Some FFLs will reject it and some will charge you more for the transfer if you did not tell them ahead of time.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    If your FFL is knowledgeable about online orders, it should be a very painless experience. I've bought most of my firearms online and the FFL I have used from Day 1 has been absolutely great and I've not experienced any problems at all.

Enjoy your new acquisitions.

Cal68

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom