• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Does anyone know an exact definition for what Maryland means by “closest domestic relationship such as current spouse, significant other, or cohabitant”? Specifically the cohabitant part. I have no recent romantic relationships to list but I am not sure if I am supposed to put my family members that I currently live with? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Did you ever find an answer? Did you just select N/A?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Does anyone know an exact definition for what Maryland means by “closest domestic relationship such as current spouse, significant other, or cohabitant”? Specifically the cohabitant part. I have no recent romantic relationships to list but I am not sure if I am supposed to put my family members that I currently live with? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes.. if you live with family (sibling etc) you can list one of them..

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    1. No. You need to come to Maryland and get fingerprinted by one of the vendors here: https://www.dpscs.state.md.us/publicservs/fingerprint.shtml

2. Yes, but it’s really easy and free: https://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizat...sion/Training/QualifiedHandgunInstructor.aspx

Here’s Maryland Shall Issue’s guide: https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/information/md-carry-permits#d
    BUT, as per post 3,534, ONLY if the instructor of said course is on the MSP list of qualified instructors, correct? I was taught by Ben Kelke, not on the list, therefore my training is not recognized, is what I get from that.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    BUT, as per post 3,534, ONLY if the instructor of said course is on the MSP list of qualified instructors, correct? I was taught by Ben Kelke, not on the list, therefore my training is not recognized, is what I get from that.
    Unless he can produce his creds from the MSP (and they just didn't have him on the web site), yeah, doesn't count.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    No, your NRA instructor IS NOT required to be a MSP QHI.
    You can take the NRA BIT and course of your choice from any NRA training advisor, and be good to go.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    That’s not what I read.

Can a handgun instructor that is not on the list qualify me?
    No. The handgun instructor must be registered with the Maryland State Police on-line registration.”

https://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizat...singDivision/Firearms/WearandCarryPermit.aspx
    Referring to instructor training, not regular person training, your quote is for a regular person to obtain their wear and carry training.

An instructor can get his NRA instructor certification from ANY NRA Training Coach.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    How long did the class actually take, 20, 25 hrs? I had a good friend of mine renew his DC training (4 hours) with Ben that took all day.

FatTony

Aug 2, 2015
    Carroll County
    I submitted my renewal under the Federal employee category on June 20th, haven't received the application accepted status yet. I suspect the MSP LD has a huge backlog of new applications or holding up for changes to or removal of the Permit category part of the application. No complaints from me as long as it removes the "Valid while employed by" restriction.
    Update:
    I know a renewal with no issues should be a walk in the park, but hopefully we will start to see updates from all of the new applicants wishing to exercise carry rights in Maryland.

Submitted renewal application on June 20th
    Application accepted on June 24th
    Disposition: APPROVED on July 11th

No interview, no phone calls.

looks like the Valid while employed by restriction will be removed and replaced with the standard "Not valid where firearms are prohibited by law"

treasurehunter

Jul 22, 2018
    On the first page of the application I see they ask for a livescan PCN # but my fingerprint paperwork only has a tracking # and a TCN #.
    Are PCN and TCN the same here?.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    In the employer area, is the phone number requested for your supervisor? Or for corporate or HR?

If it's just employment verification corporate would orobably be easier for me.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom