• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DivingDriver

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2016
    Nanjemoy MD
    Just grabbed one! They have the single stage available at this price also, bow or flat. If you are looking for a great trigger at a fantastic price get one while you can.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    What's the real difference between single and 2 stage triggers?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Simply put, you have a break weight and virtually no pull weight on the trigger. So instead of squeezing and slowly pulling the trigger to release a long distance with the same weight, the release is short. You kinda hit a wall then snap.

Simply put, you have a break weight and virtually no pull weight on the trigger. So instead of squeezing and slowly pulling the trigger to release a long distance with the same weight, the release is short. You kinda hit a wall then snap.

I'm confused too. Which is which?
    I would like a nice trigger on my 20" 6.5 Grendel SPR-ish. The intent is bench/prone out to 1000yds.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    I think I remember Bill Geissele describing different triggers as breaking like a carrot or like an icicle somewhere in here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypb5HXdDJhc and that two stage triggers are used in high stress situations where fine motor skills degrade. I trust him but I personally am no expert.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Single stage is good for speed, two stage for precision. Single stage is the glass rod...you pull and nothing happens until it eventually breaks. Two stage has a light first bit of travel that runs into the second to break. Basically if it's a 4.5lb two stage, you press 3 lbs in for a 1/8 of an inch or so and hit a wall that takes an additional 1.5 lbs to break....its kind've like having a 1.5 lb trigger that's safer to bump around in feel. A 4.5 lb single stage means you press against a wall until 4.5 lbs when it breaks.

Two stages for precision allows you to load the trigger and then essentially break the shot with a light 1.5 lbs. Single stages can have less travel, making them quick.

I think I remember Bill Geissele describing different triggers as breaking like a carrot or like an icicle somewhere in here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypb5HXdDJhc and that two stage triggers are used in high stress situations where fine motor skills degrade. I trust him but I personally am no expert.

Single stage is good for speed, two stage for precision. Single stage is the glass rod...you pull and nothing happens until it eventually breaks. Two stage has a light first bit of travel that runs into the second to break. Basically if it's a 4.5lb two stage, you press 3 lbs in for a 1/8 of an inch or so and hit a wall that takes an additional 1.5 lbs to break....its kind've like having a 1.5 lb trigger that's safer to bump around in feel. A 4.5 lb single stage means you press against a wall until 4.5 lbs when it breaks.
    Two stages for precision allows you to load the trigger and then essentially break the shot with a light 1.5 lbs. Single stages can have less travel, making them quick.

Thanks for the info. Two stage incoming.

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines

Thanks! I got three! A pair of the 2 stage that I ordered Sunday before the sale and a single stage that I ordered today

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Damnit. Right when I have money troubles. Maybe they’ll resolve while the sale is still on. I’ve got one in my 18” 6.5 grendel hunting rig and one in my 16/20” .223 HBAR. I’d really love one for my AR-10 build. Not that it is going to be done any month soon.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Also I am intrigued by the single stage. I used to love single stage, but I’ve got a couple of really nice two stage triggers and they’ve grown on me. Heck, the two stage in my Garand is actually really smooth and nice. Though my Sako single stage is still my smoothest and nicest.

Well, and I feel like same/similar platform should have same/similar controls when possible. Better for muscle memory.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I got mine.

Attachments

• 20190613_160609.jpg
      20190613_160609.jpg
      94.1 KB · Views: 187

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    Sorry for the noob question but I'm going to presume the MBT-2S is GTG in an AR10 platform? Or is that platform dependent due to variance of AR10s? Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom