• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • schnauzr

Bark Bark!
    Jun 6, 2016
    MoCo
    Primary Arms "flash sale" today:

https://www.primaryarms.com/radical-firearms-223-wylde-barreled-upper-fgs-zero-impulse-16

Barrel Contour HBAR

Features:
    16” barrel chambered in .223 Wylde
    1/8 twist rate
    Machined from 416R stainless steel
    Mid-length gas system
    Zero Impulse muzzle brake
    FGS free float handguard
    Full length picatinny top rail
    7075-T6 forged upper receiver
    Hardcoat anodized black
    Assembled with forward assist and dust cover
    No BCG or charging handle

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    On the Radical site in their clearance section they have a barreled upper in 5.56 with the same handguard. It doesn’t have the zero impulse brake and it is a SOCOM profile barrel. They advertise all HBAR/SOCOM/medium contour barrels as “heavy barrel”. Specific language about MD on their FAQ page. $125

schnauzr

Bark Bark!
    Jun 6, 2016
    MoCo
    On the Radical site in their clearance section they have a barreled upper in 5.56 with the same handguard. It doesn’t have the zero impulse brake and it is a SOCOM profile barrel. They advertise all HBAR/SOCOM/medium contour barrels as “heavy barrel”. Specific language about MD on their FAQ page. $125
    That's a deal! - main differences as you noted.. chambering/twist rate and muzzle device. Also, barrel material.

The one for $125 is 5.56, 1:7, 4140 CMV, with standard A2 FH. The one at PA is .223 Wylde, 1:8, 416R stainless, with muzzle brake.

Buyer's choice on whether those features for $45 more are worth it. But for a budget build $125 is a steal. Good info thanks!

ETA: The FAQ

12. I Live in the state of Maryland...

The following profiles from Radical Firearms are classified as heavy barrels: SOCOM, Medium and HBAR

Last edited:

schnauzr

Bark Bark!
    Jun 6, 2016
    MoCo
    man that's pretty incredible pricing. pd more than that for my barrel alone and upper/rail set alone.
    My thoughts exactly.. BCM forged upper receiver by itself is $120 :D

Of course, BCM quality/name... but still. And of course you can find billet upper receivers, stripped, for more than $125 easily, haha.

Just goes to show there's an AR part for every budget...

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    My thoughts exactly.. BCM forged upper receiver by itself is $120 :D

Of course, BCM quality/name... but still. And of course you can find billet upper receivers, stripped, for more than $125 easily, haha.

Just goes to show there's an AR part for every budget...

Technically you can get a BCM for $60. I ordered two...DA and I lapped them and the blemishes were superficial.

https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM...-Flat-Top-demo-p/flat top -upper -m4 demo.htm

Obviously just giving you a hard time here...you are right, all we need is another excuse to get a rifle together. I can't imagine the assembly here is much worse than what we see with even good manufacturers. It's probably a good one to break down, gauge and rebuild if someone has never done it before.

schnauzr

Bark Bark!
    Jun 6, 2016
    MoCo
    It's gonna get blemished anyway if you are using the damn thing.
    This is the truth! It is a great deal for what it is. The thing I appreciate on them is that it is designed to have a tight fit for the barrel extension. And oddly enough I like that the laser etched "BCM" logo is not on there :)

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Ugggh, more inexpensive HBAR uppers for my shelf..
    Ordered. I'll try it out and likely pass it along to someone else when had my fun with it.
    I'm partial to stainless

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Wow, already have shipping notification.

I have some cheap optics without a home. I guess not for long.
    After the last "deal" which did not satisfy my accuracy "wants" found a home with a friend as his first AR, I guess I need another friend to pass this one onto once I"ve played with it and found it lacking just like most cheap uppers.

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    I stand corrected, I believe I am going with the $125 one through the manufacturer.

Radical insists on insured shipping which is a little spendy but they don't charge tax. They are slow to ship. Primary always ships immediately, literally within hours usually. But they charge tax now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom