• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Wanted to give any/all of you that may have picked up the HBAR (just got mine yesterday from JLowes :clap:) and are planning on submitting for the rebate a heads up. The model number is not in the drop down on Colt's site and my submission kept getting kicked out. I called Colt and spoke with Cheyenne (love that name) who will be getting back to me in a few days to let me know if in fact the HBAR is eligible for the rebate and that it was added to the drop down.

I will update this post when I hear back. Hope this helps some of you avoid the frustration - albeit minor - that I experienced.

Cheers,

Mark

P.S. It's a sweet piece:thumbsup:

Last edited:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Excellent. Thanks for the heads up and doing the legwork. I'll take advantage of this offer when you get the update.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    I drove 80+- miles to meet and do business with John and I would do it again in a heartbeat. Only regret is I got there late thereby jamming up John's plans a bit and shortchanging myself with meet-and-greet time. I did take the scenic route up Rt. 1 to see what's happening at Conowingo. Holy $#it! Stopped at Fisherman's Park on the way home. Fishing is gonna suck really bad in the bay in the coming days and any kind of boating will be fraught with dangers. The amount of debris coming out of the gates was scary.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Johns good.

I put my rebate in just as LE6920 figuring the subtype may not matter. Well see. Thanks for flagging this.

Ill admit it I am an idiot for buying Colt but I liked the balance and feel of the gun.

Last edited:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Isn't the magazine a no-go? Curious how Colt will handle that.
    The ones from JLowe came with a 10rd mag, at least an earlier batch of them. Not a Colt mag, so one that JLowe probably substituted for in state sales.

Eta: my mistake, you're referring to the rebate swag

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Mail the package out of state?

Yup I have that option. I didn't see a substitute option on the form. Shame I wouldn't mind getting a few more magpul 10rd mags, good to have when the restriction comes to MD and also use them for more custom rounds.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    They rejected mine, skew not applicable which is a bit of BS from Colt given they have both more expensive and cheaper models.

Going to argue with them a little bit but I think they just changed my mind on buying a 6920 socom to go with the 6920HBPW.

Pennywise...…….pound poor.

Didn't buy the gun expecting a bonus but certainly doesn't help with brand loyalty when a $599 Ruger shoots just as well but just isn't as cool.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    After seeing your post that you used the LE6920 and your submission at least went through, I did the same. Unfortunately I too was rejected for the following reasons: UPC barcode is not eligible; Serial number provided indicates the Colt model purchased is not valid for this offer.

I'll be arguing. Did not expect a carrot but now I want that carrot. Pennywise and pound foolish indeed.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Oh, I sent this comment via Colt's online inquiry app...

"Comon Colt, this *is* an M4 that I purchased. Add the Model to the eligibility list. I spent over $1K including tax on one of your guns and you want to leave a bad taste in my mouth over this?"

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016

"Comon Colt, this *is* an M4 that I purchased. Add the Model to the eligibility list. I spent over $1K including tax on one of your guns and you want to leave a bad taste in my mouth over this?"

Yeah really, i’ll call and see if I can talk to someone. Pretty stupid that the HBPW isn’t a part of this

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008

Really especially when their flyer says "buy any new colt rifle"

Then of course they have the qualifying purchase language. I wouldn't be as PO'd if they were upfront.

https://www.mdshooters.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=238246&stc=1&d=1532541624

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom