Supreme Court Justices (post Trump Victory 2016)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    ginsburg%2Bgollum%2Bseparated%2Bat%2Bbirth.jpg
    :lol::lol2:

She is NO ONE's precious.

:puke:

Southwest Chuck

A Calguns Interloper.. ;)
    Jul 21, 2011
    CA
    SCOTUSBlog is doing detailed write-ups of the potential Trump Justice nominees. This appears to be ongoing. Only looked at the Pryor write-up but very thorough.

http://www.scotusblog.com/category/...potential-nominees-to-succeed-justice-scalia/

Thanks for the link. Looking at Raymond Gruender, this gives me some concern ....

Gruender also has a compelling personal story. When he was in law school, his father, angered after Gruender’s mother fled to avoid spousal abuse, pulled a gun on Gruender and his siblings, shooting Gruender and his sister, and later committing suicide. According to an official Minnesota State Bar Association publication, Gruender “knocked his father to the floor before his 12-year-old brother could be shot.”

Also, there seems to be little or no 2A decisions he's been involved with, so it;s hard to get a read on the guy.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Cruz has evidently turned down a Supreme Court appointment. Pryor meets with Trump.

Alas, Cruz declined — mainly because, well, he still wants to be president. As one of his friends told Politico, “Who knows what’s gonna happen eight years from now? Ted would be a young man…. [T]hat’s another negative to being a Supreme Court justice, it’s a lifetime commitment…. Ted wasn’t ready to lay down his sword and pick up a pen for the rest of his life.”

I am not ready to bet on Pryor just yet, for a quite a few reasons. I do not think that the nuclear option for SCT nominees is on the table (I think that they had to change the rules at the beginning of the term, which they did not).

The two finalists for Solicitor General appear to be George Conway and Chuck Cooper. Cooper is a Sessions confidant, Conway is, well, Kellyanne Conway's husband.

Cooper evidently has an interesting history from the Reagan administration's Solicitor General's office involvement in a civil rights case (Bob Jones University).

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    According to "Varney and CO" on FBN Judge Andrew Napolitano was up to Trump tower this morning to give his input as to the candidates for SC appointment. So it shouldn't be long for the official announcement.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    Didn't Harry Reid remove the 60 vote requirement when he removed it for Federal judges?

If he also removed for SCJ then Obama would have been able to get his justice appointed last year and there wouldn't be a spot left for Trump to fill.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom